Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: June 15th - Cat Block - Directions & Discussion

Blog Entries
    I never heard from Barbara M ... whichever Barbar she may be. Sooooo I decided to be greedy and "steal" this pick for myself. :mrgreen:

thought it was time for something with a bit of whimsy :-)

http://quilting.about.com/od/blockofthemonth/ss/cat_quilt.htm

I have been wanting to do this block forever, so I am glad you picked it. Thanks, I think I am going to work on it today :!: :-)

Nice choice Patrice :thumbup: , just thinking, how I can work this one in with all my blues and purples. Mmmmm got an idea, I've seen something somewhere done with these (who knows where :lol: ) would have to reduce cat to 4', wonder if that's do-able. Gonna give it a go and see, will be a while tho, bit of work in it :wink:

I've been wanting to do a cat block, have to go dig through the stash :D

community benefactor collettakay's Avatar
    OK, have my plan ready and waiting for tomorrow. Its been a busy weekend or I'd do it right now!

It wasn't me lol lol, i like this pattern, hmmm, i have a friend that just lost her cat, hmmm, i will think about this one, looks real easy and fun, maybe i will make a cat quilt for my friend...oh oh, barb's thinking lol, ooooh, cathy send me kitty fabric!!! Oh yes, now i have to think more! lol :)

Quote Originally Posted by Barb M
    It wasn't me lol lol, i like this pattern, hmmm, i have a friend that just lost her cat, hmmm, i will think about this one, looks real easy and fun, maybe i will make a cat quilt for my friend...oh oh, barb's thinking lol, ooooh, cathy send me kitty fabric!!! Oh yes, now i have to think more! lol :)
    I have a quilt planned in my head to make for a friend that helped us out when we first got here to Guam. She has 2 cats that are her kids, she has no kids of her own, except the furry ones. Thought a cat quilt would be cute for her.
    Now, gotta figure out WHEN I'm going to do it.
    Hmmm....I think I have your addy. I gots some cat fabric I can share with you. :)

Awe, Terri :) That's so nice of you! Just if you're sure you have enough for your friends kitty quilt, awe :) :( :) Hey, my friend that lost her cat...she's from my hd forum, she's in early stages of hd, 58 and single, and so her cat was her only companion, and went missing a couple of weeks ago, and she loved her cat so much...so when i saw the kitty block, i suddenly realized a kitty quilt would make her feel real special...she just recently had to retire from her job because of hd, and so i just realized this would be real nice. Cathy sent me a kitty cat fat quarter a couple weeks ago, real purrrrty, and i was wondering what i would do with cat fabric lol now i know :)

Barb, PM me your addy.
    I have to make a trip to the post office in the morning, and I'll put something in the mail for you too. :)

:D Thanks...I am more kind of a dog person, but we like cats too....So :lol: may be I will ake this one.....

Hello, buddysmimi here. Love this block, but I think I am missing something. Can't seem to find the directions. Where do I need to look please? The tutorials are wonderful. Very well done. Thanks for the help. Have a great day.

This is different than the cat pattern I have floating around somewhere
    the one I have is tall cats.
    I am sending this one to a sister who makes a lot of lap quilts
    this is a nice pattern to use up scraps :thumbup: instead of just making the cats all the same color.
    oops

Ok, I'm a dummy. Found the link. Braindead is what I am. Love the block, am going to have to make one for sure. Am much better with my machine than I am with the computer, for sure.

when I clicked on the website listed above it popped up with the picture and directions and I just hit print and it all came up on two pages

I am not good on computers and I am lucky to get in here sometimes
    so do not feel bad.
    hope you have fun :lol: making these simple blocks :lol:

Thanks, don't feel bad, just quite frustrated sometimes that the "old" brain refuses to grasp the electronic things like it would have say 20 years ago is all. :?

Junior Member Kathy is in stitches's Avatar
    Is this Cat Block easy to do as a first quilt project
    I am dying to do this cat block or an easy cat block

Ed
    I Like these.

I did this one last year. It is a real fun block!

Thank you for the directions and free quilt patterns. I love the cat block too. The stars are gorgeous and I can't wait to make them. Christmas is a coming......................
    God bless, Dee