Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Takes 2 Quilt-Along!

Ok I can't start for a few more days but your pics are so pretty it's made me excited all over again. I'd love to see a pic of someone's who has done the embroidery. Has anyone? Please show us!!!
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

SheriR...... NDQuilts has her's with embroidery on her blog site ) I just looked and they are beautiful.... www.ndquilts.wordpress.com )
    There's only one true happiness in life ... to love and be loved )

Dori, your blocks are beautiful! After sewing 2 Dear Jane blocks I found out I did them wrong but I didn't correct them. It's my quilt and my blocks and as long as I like them it's ok with me. With one of the JT2 blocks (#1) I didn't use the templates but used my DJ software so the block is different. We're creative
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

I think this is a fun quilt to make!!! You should see what I did to one of my blocks yesterday ..... I unpicked so many times yesterday that it was unreal!!! I just know today will be better I have block 7 cut out and ready to sew have had a cup of coffee and a better attitude than yesterday Ok here I go!!!!! lololol

And? Was yesterday a better day? I think I'm going to make the schoolhouse block today. First I'll have a cup of coffee

BMP
    Blog Entries
    I am glad I found this thread, I would like to make one too ! I wont start until mid Feb since I have some things going on until them but am going to print them off to make a folder.

When you're making the schoolhouse block use the freezer paper or starch the fabric! I didn't and had a hard time matching the points, specially the rooftop and the chimney. Had to rip three times before it was right!

Much Much better lolol ... went to town and had a 20 oz mocha w/whipping cream ... now I am good to go ... lolol I finished block 7 and it was perfect!!!!!! Yippee for me lolol ok off to get my coffee for today and sewing block 8 and maybe 9 lolol I am working on 14 wip's at a time and needing go get all of them done.....WISH ME LUCK LOLOL )

Anael thanks for the heads up on the schoolhouse 'I HATE TO RIP'!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DoriDeS;
    I am working on 14 wip's at a time and needing go get all of them done.....WISH ME LUCK LOLOL )
    You're a MAD WOMAN!!!! Good luck with all those projects!! I'm stuck in Florida!!!
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

WHAT ???? Stuck in Florida?????? That means you and Jess are shoping without me???? ( Have fun!!!!1

Quote Originally Posted by DoriDeS View Post
    Much Much better lolol ... went to town and had a 20 oz mocha w/whipping cream ... now I am good to go ... lolol I finished block 7 and it was perfect!!!!!! Yippee for me lolol ok off to get my coffee for today and sewing block 8 and maybe 9 lolol I am working on 14 wip's at a time and needing go get all of them done.....WISH ME LUCK LOLOL )
    Good luck LOL though block 8 is ready as I heard
    On to block 9! I didn't do that one yet. I ordered more background fabric but didn't have to go out of the house for that. Just phoned the store and they sent it off today so I hope it will be here tomorrow. I don't have that much WIP's, most of them are BOM's (4), a Dear Jane, a Sylvia Bridal Samper, the Pony club sampler and as far as I know 2 other wip's. So no hurry here!

You're welcome on the schoolhouse. I hate ripping too but sometimes you have those days

Here's my black & white blocks so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images

BMP
    Blog Entries
    I like the black and white ! Nice job

Blog Entries
    Tutt: i LOVE the black and white. That will be gorgeous when completed. So many combos are having me think about starting a second quilt in another colorway.

So far I have two blocks done from the second January release. Just got home form the hair salon, so if I clean really quickly, I might get another block cut before Grandma brings the kids home. Who am I kidding? Cut first, clean second. Hurry, hurry.

Wow, I love the black and white. I'm also considering another color combo. Just can't decide which color yet. Working on block 9 now.

I love your black and white. I still have some black left from a quilt I made last year but I don't think I will make another black and white soon!

Well after sewing yesturday afternoon and hand stitching this morning (man am I slow at that lol), here are my first 6 blocks. I hope to do 7-11 this weekend as well as a few other things that I have signed up for... I think I have overdone it again lol. I just can't help myself!!
    Brooke

Blog Entries
    Brooke: slow and steady is ok. You can do it.

Brooke, your blocks are beautiful. Is it a dark blue? Overdone........I know that, I have the same feeling.

No, its black but it is on a cream background so it doesn't pop as much as the black and white does. I like the calming effect it give... was kind of worried before I started but am very pleased now
    Brooke

Here are my first 2 sets of blocks. I just finished them.

Pretty blocks stitchinluvr, I'm just now finishing up block 10, I've never used freezer paper so I'm doing fusible web applique, all thats left is to applique the fan blades. Then on to block 11, I'm really dreading this one, I have to figure out a simplier way to make it. Good thing I have 11 days until the next set of blocks come out LOL.

Well just finished block 11. After reading the directions several times I decided to make the freezer paper templates, I guess the purpose of freezer paper is to make the pieces stiffer when sewing. However, my problem was the "y seams" I think that's what their called, never had done those before either, they turned out ok but if I had known what I was doing they would not have puckered I'm sure.
    I need to find a visual tutorial for y seams. Glad I had a new experience (freezer paper and y seams)that's why I join these groups to learn new things.

Also under the assembly directions #3 I think the letters should be F and G, not B and F.
    Can't wait for Feb 1st to get the new set of blocks!!

Great blocks stitchinluvr! I still have 2 blocks to go (# 7 and 9)

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast