Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Takes 2 Quilt-Along!

In my opinion flaming is when someone is talking someones work down. We are a very friendly group and don't want anyones feelings hurt. Pretty much it jut means be nice to everyone and if someone doesn't agree with something else said we just try to let it go so that there aren't any fights. I haven't ever seen an issue like this arise in a quilt along but we have to put it in the rules anyways lol
    Brooke

I will join your group. I just haven't decided on a color yet. The scrappy ones are very nice. I am doing the Orca Bay but have only just started. My dd is sewing the rows together on hers. I will probably be 3 yrs completing it. It will be a WIP. I just wish I had chosen different colors. Is there a new DJ starting?

I am getting closer with the orca bay. I feel I am far enough that I am hoping to do steps one and two next week for this one. I did cut my muslin fabric down though. I bought the 90 width as it was priced better but I worried about cutting such long strips for the quilt and then not have enough in length. You guys should have seen it lol. My older two kids held all 4.5 yards up across the dining room while I cut on the top crease. It was just too funny. The kids thought I was nuts. Especially when I wanted to fold it in half wof to have it like it just came off the bolt. I'm all set up and ready to go now lol.
    Brooke

Oh my, another one. I had been planning a black and white quilt for a long time. This one may be a good use for the black and white prints I have been collecting.
    Sweet Caroline

All this new language that's used today sometimes has this old lady confused. Thanks for defining flaming. In my day, it was just being nice and polite. This is a great group of people on this board, I know because I have been reading it for a very long time and just signed up when the big change was happening to show support to the moderators. Keep up the good work and good luck with your new quilt.
    Have a blessed day.

Linda

Blog Entries
    Im in for quilting along. I have five of six blocks done on the first installment, just missing the applique one. Ill bundle it into the installment that should be coming out tomorrow. I chose a white on white and a Thimbleberries blue fabric from the 3s company line. I also chose to add the redwork embroidery in a green color. I think this will look fabulous in scraps, but chose to limit my fabrics this time. I'm considering making another quilt already. Im a sucker for samplers.

The next step is up! For those of you that may need help finding it... Go to www.dearjane.com When you get to her website, scroll down to where you see the Just Takes 2 tab on the left. When you get there, just scroll to the bottom and there is a link to the download.
    Brooke

Here's my picture of the first step.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Goodness Anael! Those are gorgeous!! I absolutely LOVE your red fabric. I need to get my butte in gear and put mine together. Are you going to be doing any embroidery on it?
    Brooke

Thanks brookemarie! I didn't plan to do embroidery but looking at the picture I might.

Ok, so what's wrong with the sizes to cut the blocks in block 8. I am having SO much trouble with them. Any information as to what i'm doing wrong will be appreciated. since I have the day off (MLK day) I wanted to get them done. I know 10 and 11 will take me longer.

Thanks!

How do you get the blocks and instructions for Part 1? I got in a little late for this one. If Part 1 in no longer available what is the size of the finished blocks? I can figure out the rest but it would be a lot easier with the instructions.
    Sweet Caroline

Quote Originally Posted by stichinluvr View Post
    Ok, so what's wrong with the sizes to cut the blocks in block 8. I am having SO much trouble with them. Any information as to what i'm doing wrong will be appreciated. since I have the day off (MLK day) I wanted to get them done. I know 10 and 11 will take me longer.

Thanks!
    The pieces you have to cut according to the instructions are too big. Otherwise I didn't have problems assembling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anael View Post
    The pieces you have to cut according to the instructions are too big. Otherwise I didn't have problems assembling it.
    OK, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
    How do you get the blocks and instructions for Part 1? I got in a little late for this one. If Part 1 in no longer available what is the size of the finished blocks? I can figure out the rest but it would be a lot easier with the instructions.
    The website is listed at the beginning of this thread. The first of the month they come from Sentimental stitches and the 15th they come from dear jane.com

Hope this helps.

The website is listed at the beginning of this thread. The first of the month they come from Sentimental stitches and the 15th they come from dear jane.com

Hope this helps.
    Oh thank you so very much. The instructions are coming off the printer as I type.
    Sweet Caroline

OK, thanks!
    You're welcome. I just made 10 but I didn't follow the instructions. I paperpieced the fan but didn't use freezer paper for the large white piece and the red quarter circle. I just cut them with 1/4 " seam and sewed the parts together. It's not hard.
    I don't understand why they cut the pieces too large! It's confusing and using too much fabric.

Quote Originally Posted by Anael View Post
    Here's my picture of the first step.
    Oh my God! Your blocks are breathtaking. I am so attempt to participate of this Stitch Along but still resisting and now seeing your blocks...only the Lord to help me. LOL

I am so glad I found this quilt along thread, I was hoping someone would start one on here. I have the first 6 blocks done and started on the second set. My colors are white on white for the background and a red blender for the color. I'm so excited about this mystery quilt and even more excited about this thread. I've never done freezer paper I've only done fusible web applique so I'm a little concerned about blocks 10 and 11. Any suggestions on how to do them with fusible web instead of freezer paper?

Thanks!
    If I would have thought - this is to be paper pieced. My bad! Thought I'd post in case someone else has a problem.

Have a great day - and enjoy the BOM.

Just wanted to mention also the patterns are only free for 1 month from the time they come out on the sentimental stitches and dear jane website, after that you have to pay for them. So if your thinking about doing this one you should go ahead and print off the patterns each month.

Just finished block 7 now on to block 8!!

If I would have thought - this is to be paper pieced. My bad! Thought I'd post in case someone else has a problem.

Have a great day - and enjoy the BOM.
    I thought you knew, that's why I didn't mention that!

@Sewhappy: I didn't use freezer paper on block 10. Just pieced the thing and it went together without any problems. I still have to do 11 but I'm not using freezer paper or fusible web on that one either. I'm going to make templates and mark the 1/4 " seams as I always do with Y seams.

Quote Originally Posted by ArteEmCasa View Post
    Oh my God! Your blocks are breathtaking. I am so attempt to participate of this Stitch Along but still resisting and now seeing your blocks...only the Lord to help me. LOL
    LOL I can't help you, only telling you to join us in the fun Thanks for your compliments on my blocks!

Ok I just got done with the first six blocks getting ready to start the next set. Anael your blocks are so beautiful and I am glad that you posted them. I didn't read the directions so well and after seeing your blocks went back and fixed mine lolol Had to unpick one 'I HATE TO UNPICK' sewed one totally wrong lolol way stupid mistake lolol I think I need some sleep.....But my next ones will be much better since I started reading the instructions yes much better lolol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    There's only one true happiness in life ... to love and be loved )

Blog Entries
    I have five of the first six done and on my blog. I was busy yesterday so I did not get the patterns until late last night. I cut two blocks and have them ready to handpiece tonight. Now I need to fidget with the rest so I can sew. Maybe when I get into a better mood I'll tackle the template making for both DJ and JT2. I have adjusted my wakeup time in the morning so I can get a few mins alone to sew.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast