Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
May Baltimore BOM posted >

May Baltimore BOM posted

May Baltimore BOM posted

Old 05-13-2011, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Surfergirl
This is my May block. Now to tackle the 12 inner border blocks.
Looks good. I've decided that I"m not going to do the inner border blocks but am downloading them for future use.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:48 AM

Peg, I'm about to start working on the 12 inner border blocks and I noticed the flowers and leaves are a lot larger than on the 4 inner corner blocks, which has 3 very small flowers and leaves. I just want to make sure this is correct before I begin...
Old 05-13-2011, 08:23 AM

Peg, I'm about to start working on the 12 inner border blocks and I noticed the flowers and leaves are a lot larger than on the 4 inner corner blocks, which has 3 very small flowers and leaves. I just want to make sure this is correct before I begin...
Love your block, folded rosebud came out great!

Yes, you are right, the flowers are larger, tried to make it easier for everyone, the others were too small. I don't think it will matter, but if you want to redo the corners I can send you a larger file.

Go ahead and make up the 12 blocks as is, and we can determine if the corners look too small later. They are 4-1/2" square, compared to the side which will be 4-1/2 x 6-1/2.

Keep up the good work, love seeing all the beautiful blocks.

Off subject, I was thinking of hosting a Rose of Sharon Swap.

What is everyone's opinion. Ran it by Patrice, she said to put it together and send it to her for approval. I want to be sure there will be enough people interested, we would need at least 12 to come up with a wallhanging size and 24 to do a bed size.

I'm thinking signup by June 30, blocks due 8/15 and mailed by 9/1.

Let me know everyone, either post here or send me a PM with your ideas.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by gal288
Love your block, folded rosebud came out great!

Yes, you are right, the flowers are larger, tried to make it easier for everyone, the others were too small. I don't think it will matter, but if you want to redo the corners I can send you a larger file.

Go ahead and make up the 12 blocks as is, and we can determine if the corners look too small later. They are 4-1/2" square, compared to the side which will be 4-1/2 x 6-1/2.

Keep up the good work, love seeing all the beautiful blocks.

Off subject, I was thinking of hosting a Rose of Sharon Swap.

What is everyone's opinion. Ran it by Patrice, she said to put it together and send it to her for approval. I want to be sure there will be enough people interested, we would need at least 12 to come up with a wallhanging size and 24 to do a bed size.

I'm thinking signup by June 30, blocks due 8/15 and mailed by 9/1.

Let me know everyone, either post here or send me a PM with your ideas.
Thanks so much, Peg, I will make the 12 inner border blocks and see how they match up...can always redo the other 4 corner blocks. I might be interested in doing the Rose of Sharon swap, but would only be able to do machine applique' (I'm assuming it will be applique').
Old 05-13-2011, 10:00 AM

Love the may block .....I need to do April still. I would love to do the rose of sharron swap
Old 05-13-2011, 10:10 AM

Question on the proposed swap Peg:

Are you planning on doing this where we have one partner who we would do a whole project for, size determined by the two partners? or are you planning on exchange one block at a time and have it run multiple months with different partners...running long enough to come out with enough blocks exchanged to do at least a wall hanging.

Did that make any sense?
Old 05-13-2011, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz

Are you planning on doing this where we have one partner who we would do a whole project for, size determined by the two partners? or are you planning on exchange one block at a time and have it run multiple months with different partners...running long enough to come out with enough blocks exchanged to do at least a wall hanging.

Did that make any sense?
I'm thinking make 12 blocks all the same, mail them to me and I distribute them to all the participants. That will result in a varied quilt, different colors and fabrics.

Any form of applique, fusible & needle turn can be done.

you would have 8 weeks, appx. to make 12 blocks. This way you will get finished quicker than a long running block of the month.

We could do it based on Christmas fabric, a Christmas themed Rose of Sharon, would be pretty.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:36 PM

Did that make any sense?
I'm thinking make 12 blocks all the same, mail them to me and I distribute them to all the participants. That will result in a varied quilt, different colors and fabrics.

you would have 8 weeks, appx. to make 12 blocks.
OK. I would be interested.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:14 PM

Did that make any sense?

you would have 8 weeks, appx. to make 12 blocks.
OK. I would be interested.
I'd like to participate, also.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:34 PM

There are 5 of us interested in the rose of sharon swap, need at least 7 more!

Or someone can make 2 sets, if they want, that would count toward the 12.