Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: McCalls Quilting Jan/Feb 2012 / 3 month mystery quilt along

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbielinks View Post
    Gosh, it seems like a long, long time since part two was completed. When will we be getting May/June issue?
    Oh my, Bobbielinks. I am still at the fabric selection stage as I was not happy with my original choices. So, there is no pressure here about the May/June issue.
    Sweet Caroline

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sharon b View Post
    LOL I need the time I am sssoooo far behind
    me too!!!!!!!
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)
    ~If you can't change your fate, change your attitude.(Amy Tan)
    ~As long as one keeps searching, the answers come.(Joan Baez)

I picked up the mag today and couldn't find the clue....page number? I'll look again and thNks

Blog Entries
    in the first mag it's i think pg 40. in the 2nd mag it's way in the back.
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Have finished step one and two and waiting for the next McCall mag to arrive. Doing it in reds similar to the one featured in the first step section. I guess I qualify for confident beginner and having fun. Never have done this before. Looking forward to see what finished quilt is like. My daughter is going to do it too, but will have to just do it all later. Home business keeps her busy now. Just hope I am doing it right. LOL...

Here are my choices for the 3 parter in McCalls Have never done this before, so here is hoping they work...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by karate lady; 02-19-2012 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by karate lady View Post
    Here are my choices for the 3 parter in McCalls Have never done this before, so here is hoping they work...
    Love the reds, especially the dark red blender.
    Sweet Caroline

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by karate lady View Post
    i love your reds also but what woman doesnt need a bit of red in her life.
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)

Karate lady, Oh how I love your reds!!!
    Caroline and Havplenty, Sorry, don't want to rush anyone, guess I'm just a little impatient. Maybe I should get busy and do a little housework to pass the time until the next issue arrives. You notice I said "maybe". Naaaa, quickly rethought that idea - I'll just go quilt some on an applique quilt I've been working on.

Blog Entries
    ok, tonight i cut b and c according to part one. not at all certain i'm liking b and c together. both are pretty dense prints so it makes it kinda burnt pudding heavy. while i'm out later today i think i will look for a lighter fabric c. if i ever find my camera i will gladly show you! feels good to at least have started, and i have soooo many other quilts to work on!!! just remind myself, 'one seam at a time!'

Blog Entries
    man, this is crazy! finally cut for part one and decided i HATED B and C together. i made a quick trip to the fabric store and came back with 6 possible replacements for c (which i had cut per part 1). since the quilt is for my dh he had the final say. never a good move! he chose my least favorite of the new fabrics. anyway, i also have a new d, just in case. has anyone else gone thru a ton of fabrics to get the right ones? and we still don't know what it's going to look like! the mystery is.... will my credit card hold up after all the changes! i noticed some melting and smoke plumes at the store!! lol, but at least we're having fun! or is that in part 3? (lol, lol)

Blog Entries
    precisely because i do not know what this quilt is gonna look like i am sticking with my fabric choices. i hope you do not wear the magnetic strip out on your credit card before we get the final clue to this quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by nancia View Post
    man, this is crazy! finally cut for part one and decided i HATED B and C together. i made a quick trip to the fabric store and came back with 6 possible replacements for c (which i had cut per part 1). since the quilt is for my dh he had the final say. never a good move! he chose my least favorite of the new fabrics. anyway, i also have a new d, just in case. has anyone else gone thru a ton of fabrics to get the right ones? and we still don't know what it's going to look like! the mystery is.... will my credit card hold up after all the changes! i noticed some melting and smoke plumes at the store!! lol, but at least we're having fun! or is that in part 3? (lol, lol)
    My Quiltboard Blog

I can't hardly wait for #3 either. I sure hope it's not long and involved since #2 was so cinchy on what to do.

Drumming fingers on desk.... mmmmm
    Lisa L.
    Howdies from Possum Trot (yes it does exist)
    My most recent swap - Boomerang 16

I wish part 3 would come out already!!
    Wonder when it will be?

Blog Entries
    just based on the previous issues (not facts!) i would guess at the end of this month, or april 1st. i want to know when those who have subscriptions get their copies! is it worth it because you get them early?

I received my March/April issue on Jan. 24th. I'm guessing the May/June issue should be here sometime the last week of March. Sure seems like forever since I worked on the second part.

I know. It seems like FOREVER!!!! Thanks for the info.

Fabriclovr
    just based on the previous issues (not facts!) i would guess at the end of this month, or april 1st. i want to know when those who have subscriptions get their copies! is it worth it because you get them early?
    I have a subscription... not here yet

Blog Entries

Angry

I, too, have a subscription and it's not here yet, either
    Jinnie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sewze View Post
    I, too, have a subscription and it's not here yet, either
    Same Here & mine hasn't arrived either!! I know it will be coming soon though so hang on everyone!!
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Blog Entries
    well, now i have an accuquilt go, so they can have me cutting out a bunch of stuff and i won't mind. i am waiting for my 6.5 hst die to come, and i will be ready to roll! can't wait! does anyone else have the go? mine is new to me, so i'm wondering how you like it, and if you use it all the time or go back to rotary cutting?

Blog Entries
    though i have seen the name 'accuquilt go' many times i had paid very little attention to it and then one day i went out to look at demo videos of this cutter. it does seem like a cutting time saver and also a considerable investment to get the various die shapes that one would need for their cutting projects. so many have raved about it and i wonder how much i would use one if i got it. im still thinking on it. what is your opinion of the accuquilt?

also i paid for a subscription of mccalls during the part 2 release and have yet to receive any mags from them. hopefully something will come with the next mag release.

well, now i have an accuquilt go, so they can have me cutting out a bunch of stuff and i won't mind. i am waiting for my 6.5 hst die to come, and i will be ready to roll! can't wait! does anyone else have the go? mine is new to me, so i'm wondering how you like it, and if you use it all the time or go back to rotary cutting?
    My Quiltboard Blog

Hi all. I just found this thread. I have started this mystery quilt. I didn't decide to start till I recieved my second magazine. Then decided that it would be perfect for a quilt for my DD. She loves stripes and polka dots. I had been looking for a pattern that I could incorperate both. I hope my material choices turn out well for it. I quickly completed the first two parts and have been waiting for the third part. After a fall in Febuary(just clumsy?)and surgery on my elbow in March I can't sew the rest at all untill I heal. I am looking forward to seeing everyones progress till I can cut and sew my own.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iwillquilt View Post
    Hi all. I just found this thread. I have started this mystery quilt. I didn't decide to start till I recieved my second magazine..... I am looking forward to seeing everyones progress till I can cut and sew my own.
    uhm... progress???? when is part 3 to come out? hopefully i can get in the game before i am terribly behind. i knew it was something i was to be working on.

welcome to the thread and i hope you heal in a speedy fashion.
    My Quiltboard Blog

Hi Iwillquilt, so glad you joined us.

Havplenty, you mean you have not started the first part yet!( VBG) You being from the Show Me State, I guess the rest of us will have to show our quilts to get you going.

Gosh I know the third part will not come until sometime in next week's mail and I want to work on it NOW.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast