Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: McCalls Quilting Jan/Feb 2012 / 3 month mystery quilt along

Sharon, your pansy fabric is beautiful!

Sewze, I lived with a slipped disc in my back for years. I refused to have back surgery until I could no longer stand upright, gave in to the surgery (23 years ago) and never regretted it. Have had no pain since the surgery and with the disc fused in place I am able to go back to some heavy work with no problem. Sure wish I had had the surgery years before I did. I had the most wonderful surgeon and I followed his directions to the letter. (No standing, no sitting, no lefting for 3 weeks - laid flat on my back (no pillow) in bed unless I was up walking) The surgery was the best thing I ever did.

Blog Entries
    Bobbielinks, thanks for the info on the surgery, it is most helpful. I have 4 bad disc's in my lumbar spine with arthritis on top of arthritis and sciatic nerve involvement. Also, have 3 baddies in my neck and scoliosis. Eight years ago my pain management Dr. gave me a nerve block for the right side and it lasted for 7 yrs... Last April ( when i couldn't bend over or sit down) he gave me block in the right sciatic nerve with no guarantees as to how long it would last. I was to return in two weeks for the left side to be done. However, I no longer had any sciatic pain in either side, so we put that on hold. Still no sciatic pain, but, I'm just really stiff and can't do much walking or bending over for very long---have to take many sit down breaks when vacuuming. LOL. Too many knock down dragged out battles with foals. LOL
    Jinnie

Blog Entries
    IT'S HERE !! IT'S HERE !!!! The magazine showed up in my mail today WOO HOO - so this weekend I can finish it
    To keep your mind fresh- learn one new thing a day !

I saw the magazine at wal mart, but as a subscriber, I have not received mine in the mail yet. Bummer!!!

Blog Entries
    I haven't seen it at any of the stores yet and my subscription has not arrived yet, either! Probably won't arrive for another week 'cause we live in the country.....Boo-Hoo
    Jinnie

Blog Entries
    This is as bad as when I know I have fabric coming - stampede for the mailman And believe it or not - not much more cutting left

Gosh, I just knew I would get my magazine in the mail yesterday, but no, it did not arrive. Maybe today. Mail should be here in about an hour.

I recieved my magazine in todays mail. Haven't opened it yet. Hording it till I can sit back and read it without distractions. I love my quilting magazines. I still have to wait a while yet before my arm is physically able to cut my materials so I can complete my quilt. Looking forward to seeing everyone elses masterpiece quilts till then.

YIPPEE!!! Got my magazine in the mail. Don't know when I will be able to work on it, but now I know what it will look like. Can't wait.

Blog Entries
    YEAH!! I got mine too, what a wonderful day.
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Blog Entries
    I plan on working on mine tomorrow - WOO HOO and since the last step does fairly simple might get it done this weekend

Fabriclovr
    Got mine on Thursday!

Took it on a field trip and read all the instructions and boy did it give me an idea or two for another mystery quilt! LOL

So lets see, finish 2nd Blue Skies Mystery (1st clue up now) finish McCalls Mystery (last clue now in hand) finish toddler quilt (all cut, need to put together) and create 2 more baby quilts.. think I have a busy weekend ahead.. or some time off work to get it all done! LOL

Blog Entries
    Still don't have mine! Don't know why I'm so anxious for it to arrive......not that I don't have anything else to do, except mowing grass.
    Jinnie

Blog Entries
    ok, you guys! those of us who have to wait for the stores to put out the new edition, probably on the 3rd are going to have to look at all your beautiful quilts while we wait. that's cruel and unusual punishment, and isn't that forbidden by the geneva convention or something?
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Just picked up my May/June 2012 copy this afternoon at Wally World.
    Sweet Caroline

Blog Entries
    Have all the fabrics cut- tomorrow start putting the rows together I did the smaller one so hope I can get it all done

Blog Entries
    i'm convinced! later today i will attack w/m. i'm out of silk soy milk anyway. and i need my one cadbury egg before i give them up for my diet--starting today!

My issue arrived yesterday!!! I needed to get some outside chores done before sitting down to look through it so it was after dark last night before I got to view the quilt and final directions. I did the final cutting before going to bed last night and am ready to start the sewing. I am not good at being able to picture something in my mind so I still don't know if I like my color choices. I would love to see everyone's quilt when they get it sewn together.

Blog Entries
    Of course I still have not received my subscription and I refuse to buy another copy......I won't, I won't, I won't!
    Jinnie

Blog Entries
    Ok here is mine almost finished - at the time the pics were taken still needed the final side rows , top and bottom rows but the body of the quilt was done and my camera person was leaving ... remember it is a DEEP purple not blue Name:  Picture 003.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  801.6 KB

love the colors sharonb

Blog Entries
    Thanks I will have to get a pic of it with the final outside rows I really like it just wish I had more of the purple in it

Blog Entries
    I don't see any Haloweenie in it.....I really like it Sharon and I'm glad you do too.
    Jinnie

Blog Entries
    very nice! i still don't have the part 3 mag, but will try w/m again manana! so fun to see what it looks like!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sewze View Post
    Of course I still have not received my subscription and I refuse to buy another copy......I won't, I won't, I won't!

i havent received my subscription copy either and i too refuse to buy another one. i'm gonna contact mccall's subscription department and see what's up.

sharon what a great job. your colors look great together.

i do like the quilt pattern and i will not be concerned with my color choices not one bit. it's too late anyway becasue i have started cutting.
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)
    ~If you can't change your fate, change your attitude.(Amy Tan)
    ~As long as one keeps searching, the answers come.(Joan Baez)

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast