Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: McCalls Quilting Jan/Feb 2012 / 3 month mystery quilt along

I think your version is really pretty Sharon. I have my magazine, but since I am leaving for Calif on Saturday for 2 weeks, it will be a bit before I do the last part. Will surely post it as soon as it is done. Looking forward to see what everyone else has done. This is really a lot of fun. My first mystery quilt. Will do more....

Blog Entries
    my w/m remains playing by the rules, and does not have the magazine. also, jo-ann's does not have it on the stands either. i'm still 'patiently ' waiting. just make that waiting.
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Oh Sharon B, I love, love, love your quilt!!! You really make me want to get started sewing my top together.

Blog Entries
    well my subscription magazine was in my mailbox today so........ i guess i have no more excuses not to finish the quilt top.
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)
    ~If you can't change your fate, change your attitude.(Amy Tan)
    ~As long as one keeps searching, the answers come.(Joan Baez)

Blog Entries
    Are you done yet ??? Huh..Huh... Well ????? tap-tap-tap... I'm waiting
    To keep your mind fresh- learn one new thing a day !

Blog Entries
    Nope! Not in my mailbox today or at my WM. Still patiently waiting and working on BOM and other tops.
    Jinnie

I have my top pieced except for the border. Decided one of the fabrics just doesn't work the way I want. So, I'm going to add a narrow sashing between the main quilt blocks and the border to better blend the fabrics. I may also change the border as the fabric that doesn't work is a key part of the border blocks. So my finished top may be deviating from the pattern, but I'll like it better.

Will post a photo in a few days.
    CMC

Blog Entries
    found the mag at b&n ! maybe tomorrow i'll be able to cut the rest of the blocks and get things moving! i might someday have made a quilt bigger than a baby's! my dh is sceptical. so far he has seen LOTS of fabric come IN, and no quilts come OUT! lol, i'll show him!

Blog Entries
    Still no subscription in my mailbox.
    Jinnie

Got my part 3 cut out last night. Tomorrow I go to dluvs2quilt's house to work on it; we'll see how far I get!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sewze View Post
    Still no subscription in my mailbox.

jinnie maybe some over anxious quilter intercepted your mag while she was waiting for hers. she is getting her part three cut and sewn. afterwards she will either mail you your intercepted copy or mail you her subscription copy she was waiting on. either way hopefully you will get a copy soon.
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
    jinnie maybe some over anxious quilter intercepted your mag while she was waiting for hers. she is getting her part three cut and sewn. afterwards she will either mail you your intercepted copy or mail you her subscription copy she was waiting on. either way hopefully you will get a copy soon.
    Thanks for the morale boost, Havplenty; really getting upset about this now. I think I'll try to call MCQ and find out what's going on in that department. Jinnie
    Jinnie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sharon b View Post
    Are you done yet ??? Huh..Huh... Well ????? tap-tap-tap... I'm waiting
    i'ma cuttin' and sewin' away. uh hmm.... thinking i can show & tell something next week. u see i ran outta strip sets for my two psqs so i am cutting & sewing new ones in between everything else. it's taking me a little bit longer. plus i gotta "new" singer 301a that i gotta get cleaned and oiled so i can sew on it as i just finished the cabinet. so i'm what ya call multi-tasking and it's all getting in the way of my finishing this quilt top.
    My Quiltboard Blog

Blog Entries
    Hav- excuses..... excuses.... we want to see your top LOL

Blog Entries
    ok, is this a good time to finish cutting clue 1? lol, truly, i've gotten a little behind! ( i wish. my actual behind is quite large. tee hee hee), but i di need to catch up and at least have everything cut out. sharon, your quilt looks great! i can't wait to see others!

Blog Entries
    Well Nancia- hop to it !!! Waiting to see the top

I am excited. After a couple of months of down time due to a broken elbow and surgery I find that I can cut material again! I don't want to over do it and set myself back on healing. So I figure if I take it slow and do a little each day I can continue with part three of my mystery quilt. Wish me well and here I go.

Blog Entries
    Well, I finally got my copy in the mail. Just curious, is Sharon the only one who has finished the MCQ Mystery Quilt?
    Last edited by Sewze; 04-11-2012 at 11:54 AM.
    Jinnie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sewze View Post
    Well, I finally got my copy in the mail. Just curious, is Sharon the only one who has finished the MCQ Mystery Quilt?
    well there were several others who had posted their finished parts 1 & 2 but they havent posted lately so not sure. but i am working on mine so will post soon.... enough. lol
    My Quiltboard Blog

Blog Entries
    I've finished mine. I just dropped it off at my LAQ yesterday. I'll try posting a picture when I get it back.
    Barb

Blog Entries
    sharon-- just cause you have a grasshopper and have finished doesn't mean it's as easy for me to 'hop to it'! LOL i'm working slowly, but i'm working! just think how fun it will be to be brought back here in december when i finish mine , lol! i'll get it done, it's all priorities! i have nearly finished a quilt top to be sent out and i have several swaps and boms, so i'm pretty busy! you're the hare, i'm the turtle! lol (again).

Congrats to those who have finished!

I have been working on mine, little by little. I still need to sew the rolls together. I am playing with ideas for the quilting of it, but this top is so different from what I would have chosen to make that I am having trouble coming up with a quilting idea.

Iwillquilt, I wish you the best in getting back to quilting!

Collector49, I can't wait to see your finished top!!!!

Sewze, very glad you are now set to start the mystery quilt!

Havplenty, I sure wish I could multi-task. I can see you now - one hand cutting, one hand oiling, one hand quilting......(grin)

I've nearly finished the top of the McCall's mystery quilt. After completing the top, I didn't like the way the colors looked. So I modified the quilt to fix to improve that problem.

I'll probably start quilting it in a week or so. I may post a photo of the finished top before quilting and will definitely post one after quilting and binding are finished.
    CMC

Blog Entries
    Cat- can't wait to see how yours finishes up I really like the pattern and will most likely do it again with different colors

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sharon b View Post
    Cat- can't wait to see how yours finishes up I really like the pattern and will most likely do it again with different colors
    Sharon, I'm with you. I decided to finish the 'yuk' colored mystery quilt and have almost completed adding to the size. However, I have already picked out other colors for the repeat of the new rendition of the mystery quilt. LOL Jinnie
    Jinnie

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast