Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Mystery Quilt Train Ride, Jan 7th >

Mystery Quilt Train Ride, Jan 7th

Mystery Quilt Train Ride, Jan 7th

Old 01-04-2017, 06:55 AM

I am so excited about another train ride, I am ready to ride through snow country to take in all the pretty scenery! Funny thing is most of the Train rides have turned into baby quilts for me, I just heard there is another little one on the way in late June! I hope they decided to announce if it a boy or girl or it will be non gender specific quilt! Although I hear from my niece that she wants her first grandchild to be a girl!

For all you newbies to train rides you can always get an idea on how things go to look at one of the old train rides! I have been known to sneak back on the train when I needed a idea and my brain matter was foggy!
Old 01-04-2017, 11:50 AM

Don't always get to make it along with everyone else but enjoy them later as I have the time. Think I'm two or three behind right now. But hope to do this one along with the rest of you.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:46 PM

Mom6...I'm in the same boat. 3 behind...I've done & enjoyed all the rest. Just can't get in my sewing room after the move...working on it slowly...life keeps getting in the way. But, I will print the clues & put them with the other 3 I've not done. When I can get back to sewing (hopefully in a few months--NOT years) those I've missed & the tons of UFO's I have will be all I work on for the year! Moving made me see all of it!!! I will also join the 2017 UFO group when I start working on them again...always motivating! I will follow along again though.
Old 01-04-2017, 04:19 PM

ok. to be sure we get off on the right foot i'm mixing up the margaritas, and making some nachos. mmm, i love the food on the mystery train. anyone want to make 7 layer dip?
Old 01-05-2017, 03:50 PM
Power Poster

Yummy Nancia , how about some tamalies ?
Old 01-05-2017, 06:29 PM

Yum! I've got guacamole.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by nancia View Post
ok. to be sure we get off on the right foot i'm mixing up the margaritas, and making some nachos. mmm, i love the food on the mystery train. anyone want to make 7 layer dip?
What's 7 layer dip? Only dip I know is the one that a girl at work made for us... She made fried sausage crumbles and added Cheese Whiz and Salsa, made in a crock pot.
Old 01-06-2017, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by Just Jan View Post
What's 7 layer dip? Only dip I know is the one that a girl at work made for us... She made fried sausage crumbles and added Cheese Whiz and Salsa, made in a crock pot.
Here's the recipe I follow -- very easy but tasty:

1 can (16 oz) refried beans
1 package (1 oz) taco seasoning mix
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened (I use sour cream instead)
1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chiles
1 cup salsa
2 cups shredded lettuce
2 cups shredded Cheddar or Mexican cheese blend (8 oz)
1 can (2.25 oz) sliced ripe olives, drained (1/2 cup)
1 medium tomato, diced (3/4 cup)

Directions

1 In medium bowl, mix refried beans and taco seasoning mix. Spread mixture on large platter.
2 In another medium bowl, mix cream cheese and chiles. Carefully spread over bean mixture.
3 Top with salsa, lettuce, cheese, olives and tomato. Refrigerate until serving time. Serve with tortilla chips.
Old 01-06-2017, 05:11 AM

I may hop on the train and do this one even though I still haven't quilted the previous ones! What can I say? I enjoy piecing a lot more than quilting. LOL!
Old 01-06-2017, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by VickiM View Post
Mom6...I'm in the same boat. 3 behind...I've done & enjoyed all the rest. Just can't get in my sewing room after the move...working on it slowly...life keeps getting in the way. But, I will print the clues & put them with the other 3 I've not done. When I can get back to sewing (hopefully in a few months--NOT years) those I've missed & the tons of UFO's I have will be all I work on for the year! Moving made me see all of it!!! I will also join the 2017 UFO group when I start working on them again...always motivating! I will follow along again though.
Vicki, I have followed all the train rides and done several of them. They are a pleasant blessing to help break up that "life that gets in the way". I have decided starting this year to the best of my ability, I will deal with what life hands out as I have to, consider them just things as life is really what we make it, and if we don't take time to "smell the material" and then enjoy it, along with any other things we enjoy like writing or photography, we are really missing out on life. So.......don't let things get in the way of your life is what I say.