Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

Blog Entries
    No, uncut is not a WIP, just a dream in our heads and those can change up until the first cut. I switched out a fabric last mystery at the last minute.

I still haven't gone to the mercantile to get the sulfite free chocolate wine. It's 8:25. I wonder if they are open until 9:00? If I can get it, I'll meet you in the club car soon after that. No food for me because no one leaves a Methodist funeral hungry. Broccoli salad, yum!

Blog Entries
    I don't know how to bookmark this thread!

Blog Entries
    I figured it out.

Quote Originally Posted by yayaquilts View Post
    Are we supposed to cut 80 5" squares to start?? I didn't see this in the instructions! Can anyone clarify this?! Thanks.
    Oh, I hope I didn't confuse everyone...I just thought this was a good time to get my batik scraps cut into all the different size scrap squares 5" & less & leave the larger scraps for just in case they're needed, too. I have been concentrating on getting my mountains of scraps cut into squares & strips, as I do alot of scrappy stuff. I have really let the batiks get really piled up with concentrating on the "regular" fabric scraps...since I do plan to do a scrappy batik for this mystery, it's a good time to get it all done. And if I manage to get 80 5" squares out of it all, that would be good. Even if we don't need 80...they will always get used. So, I'm sorry if I caused any confusion. Waiting patiently for Sat.

Hi everyone I need a giant bottle of wine. LOL Hubby and I moved my sewing (well half of anyway) into another room cause we got another living room set and I wanted the old couch in my sewng room and it wouldn't make the turn in the old room so we switched alot of the furniture what didn't fit left in the now a guest room, mostly books and a couple of shelf units I can live with out being in the same room. Hope I can get my stash sorted out so I can join this round if not I'll just drink and makecookies and give you all an that a girl. Love everyons picks so far, would love to find some of the blues Judy has in her examples of her choices.
    It's always sunny here in Fl unless it's raining,LOL

Blog Entries
    Vicki - can't wait to see all the batics you have. I have just now started to look at them closer. Someday soon I will have a new pattern and then I will look in ernest.

Luannh, I'll share mine if you share yours. Been through the moving of "rooms". Still trying to find/organize everything. Told DD that I will need at least 24 hours notice before she comes home so that I can find the table again.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the LIFE, in your years. (Abe Lincoln)

"The Best" The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. (Helen Keller)

Blog Entries
    welcome, evie and debbie! we were all newbees once, so don't worry, we're here. ( i shouldn't say we as i'm not that experienced myself .) just follow directions and ask anything, any time! no rivalries here, we all want to have fun and share the joy of a beautiful quilt. yours or mine doesn't matter, no contest, just fun and friendship! this is a terrific community!
    this seems to be a bad time for our beloved dogs. kitten has a dry cough and my dh fears it's heartworm. i am worried but trying to be optimistic. these animals are my constant companions, and kitten is 100% sugar, and monkey is molasses, sweet but with an edge, lol. i have had too many recent losses and this one would be devastating. marybeth, my heart truly goes out to you.
    Last edited by nancia; 05-19-2012 at 11:04 PM.
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

fabrics for the mystery train ride

here are my fabrics for the train ride hope they are going to work good. ok this didn't work will try again later. have to go to work now and not uploading my pictures keep telling me failed. So will try when I get home.

Debbie
    Last edited by debquilts2; 05-20-2012 at 04:51 AM.

Blog Entries
    debbie-- you probably need to resize the pictures. there is a how to on the home page ( where you first enter) once you get the hang of it it's easy! i forget steps sometimes, but that's why i'm married- my husband is there to remind me!lol well, that's what HE thinks! good to know he has a purpose!

Blog Entries
    I've only had to resize once. I right clicked on the picture, chose 'Open in a different window', chose 'Paint' and it was easy from there. My problem is I don't remember where I stashed my UBS cords so I can get my picture off the camera. I may just retake it with the SD card. I hope someone likes pink and aqua Christmas colors. My quilt may be for the bazaar.

Does the train have a dining car? I'm hungry for some real food.

Blog Entries
    food in the club car! i just put some hot donuts and fresh coffee in there. it's warming up here so i'm thinking iced tea! help yourself, judy! kitten says thanks for the paw prayer. she is hoping whatever it is will just go away. (haven't used the word "shot" in front of her.) let me know if you get the rapidbath and if you like it!

fabric for train ride

here is my fabric for the train ride.
    Deb
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by debquilts2 View Post
    here is my fabric for the train ride.
    Deb
    Deb..........I love your fabric choices. What a pretty Mystery Train project they will make. Now we just have to wait until this coming Saturday!! Why does it always seem so far away? LOL
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Deb..........I love your fabric choices. What a pretty Mystery Train project they will make. Now we just have to wait until this coming Saturday!! Why does it always seem so far away? LOL

I know but it will be fun. Just getting us ready for all the work we will be doing.

Haha
    Deb

Quote Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles View Post

Nine is not an even number.....you really need ten.......and here is the plate of fresh baked cookies, have some and pass them around.

Hugs, Sulabug, Hugs
    Yum, those cookies are great. It would feel odd to have an even number I'm hoping to finish the quilt for quilters swap quilt soon (going to attempt the quilting tomorrow) and am working on the "uglies" swap quilt right now. I haven't finished the first mystery yet. I have a great set of fabric with some charms and yardage that would be perfect though. Okay, going to bed so I can get sewing tomorrow morning early at the guild. Have a good week ladies!!!
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Deb, Love the colors for yours. I like those flowers. Is it Saturday yet? Can't wait to get started so we can get finished & see what all our choices turn out to look like!

Quote Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
    It is a sad day here, we lost our beloved dog of 13+ years. He was the best, sweetest dog I have ever known. Rest In Peace Puppy.
    Just reading thru the threads since Friday and this made me so sad. I am so sorry for your lost. If you are anything like me, your puppy was just like one of your children. I hurt so when I lose mine and I am so sorry you are feeling this way. My thoughts and hugs go your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Everose View Post
    Marybeth our thoughts are with you. When we got Commander, I didn't want another dog. But it was "over my dead body" that he came to us. Then 10.5 years later when we had to put him to sleep because he was so sick, I cried the hardest. Still have pictures of him up - he was a beautiful collie - but so sick with cancer.

Today didn't turn out like I had planned. We were going to go visit the memory unit, but instead went to a Dr. apt. Everything is fine, but Mom had some coughing issues and they were worried that it would/could be much worse by Monday. So hopefully next week .....

The rhubabr bars sound wonderful. Love cream cheese in things. Hope there are some in the club car or at least the recipe. Tonight I am going to have a little glass of wine - maybe even a cheesecake bar!!!!!
    Okay, here you go. I brought some to sample, left them in the club car with the recipe. Enjoy.

RHUBARB BAR COOKIES

CRUST:
    1/2 c. butter
    1 1/4 c. flour
    1/2 c. oatmeal
    1/2 c. brown sugar
    1/4 tsp. salt

FILLING:
    1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
    3/4 c. sugar
    1 egg
    1 1/2 c. rhubarb, cut in 1/2" pieces
    1/4 tsp. cinnamon
    1/8 tsp. nutmeg

Mix crust ingredients until crumbly. Pat about 2/3 of crust mixture in ungreased 9" square pan. Combine softened cream cheese with remaining ingredients, beat smooth; pour over crust. Top with remaining crust mixture. Bake in 350 degree oven for 40 minutes. Cool and cut into squares. Store covered in refrigerator

Quote Originally Posted by Everose View Post
    Thank all you ladies for being who you are!!! I needed you this afternoon and you were here. Yes, Jen, wine sounds wonderful. MAYBE A BIG GLASS.
    Okay Everose, something that has to make you smile as it makes me chuckle just thinking about it. I live next door to someone that just doesn't get the fun and interest I have in quilting. She comes over from time to time to see how the "projects" are coming along and just doesn't understand why I spend so much time and brain power on these and then just give them away. And every time I talk about looking thru my "stash" she gets this disgusted look on her face and says she doesn't want to hear about it. Finally one day when I was all excited about figuring out a color combination after looking thru my "stash" she said, "why would you look thru the trash to find material, that is gross."

aaah another sign of the modern people! They don't hear correctly! My GS only hears 1/2 of what I say, so I've gotten to making him repeat what I said to make sure he got the message! As they say, one persons trash is someone else's treasure!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AnngelAnne View Post
    Okay Everose, something that has to make you smile as it makes me chuckle just thinking about it. I live next door to someone that just doesn't get the fun and interest I have in quilting. She comes over from time to time to see how the "projects" are coming along and just doesn't understand why I spend so much time and brain power on these and then just give them away. And every time I talk about looking thru my "stash" she gets this disgusted look on her face and says she doesn't want to hear about it. Finally one day when I was all excited about figuring out a color combination after looking thru my "stash" she said, "why would you look thru the trash to find material, that is gross."
    LOL AnngelAnne ..cute story made me laugh.

Deb- Those fabrics are going to make an awesome quilt.

And yes there is a dining car for a proper meal on the train when needed and also a sleeping car..but be careful there are still a few flying geese nesting in one of the bunks.
    Have an awesome day!

I tried my hand at making fried ice cream last night for my family. Love when the kids and crew comes over. Anyway, I think I will bring this to the car. Gotta have a freezer and fryer though. Any takers?

Quote Originally Posted by sustraley View Post
    I tried my hand at making fried ice cream last night for my family. Love when the kids and crew comes over. Anyway, I think I will bring this to the car. Gotta have a freezer and fryer though. Any takers?
    Already a freezer in the club car with that cherry chocolate ice cream and those frozen drink bags in it. Only need a fryer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
    It is a sad day here, we lost our beloved dog of 13+ years. He was the best, sweetest dog I have ever known. Rest In Peace Puppy.
    Marybeth, I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my dear Chesepeake of 16 years just 6 months after I lost my DH, so I understand how you are feeling. She was my 100 lb baby, so sweet but I never had worry about anyone hurting me. She especially loved babies.
    Sadiemae

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AnngelAnne View Post
    Already a freezer in the club car with that cherry chocolate ice cream and those frozen drink bags in it. Only need a fryer.
    I checked with the cook in the dining car.. he loaned us a small portable fryer ..with stabilizers of course..for safety for use in the club car. I've never tried fried ice cream... Im up for some
    Have an awesome day!

Page 11 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 61 ... LastLast