Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast

Thread: A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

Blog Entries
    I have never made deep fried ice cream, but one of the restaurants in town has it. It is wonderful!!!
    Sadiemae

Blog Entries
    Thank you so much for this recipe - I just was over to my neighbors last evening and picked enough to try making a rhubarb tea - recipe shared in earlier quote - and picked enough to make some muffins with a little left over - this will be perfect.

I've been reading over this thread trying to decide if I should jump on board and try a mystery quilt - I've never done one before; you all make it sound very easy and there are other newbies that I wouldn't feel alone. I'll check my fabrics when I get home to see what I can come up with.

You all have a fantabulous day.

Kristine
    Quote Originally Posted by AnngelAnne View Post
    Okay, here you go. I brought some to sample, left them in the club car with the recipe. Enjoy.

RHUBARB BAR COOKIES

CRUST:
    1/2 c. butter
    1 1/4 c. flour
    1/2 c. oatmeal
    1/2 c. brown sugar
    1/4 tsp. salt

FILLING:
    1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
    3/4 c. sugar
    1 egg
    1 1/2 c. rhubarb, cut in 1/2" pieces
    1/4 tsp. cinnamon
    1/8 tsp. nutmeg

Mix crust ingredients until crumbly. Pat about 2/3 of crust mixture in ungreased 9" square pan. Combine softened cream cheese with remaining ingredients, beat smooth; pour over crust. Top with remaining crust mixture. Bake in 350 degree oven for 40 minutes. Cool and cut into squares. Store covered in refrigerator
    Be good to yourself - do one thing each day that makes you smile.

Kristine,
    I've never done one either! But it sure looks like we're going to have a fun time with all this crew! And all the munchies in the club car will definitely satisfy our appetites as well. Jump in & join the fun!!

Do you think these fabrics would work? I could use either the yellow or pink as my contrast fabric. Whichever one I don't use could be used as sashing or the white might work for sashing.
    Name:  IMG_3098.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  1.01 MB

Blog Entries
    so do we have to call it ;

raiding the hidden treasure

depleting fabric inventory

digging in the gold mine

magic material ( what is it called when somthing appears out of thin air.....better use Harry Potter term)

retrieving from behind the invisability cloak

no.....................shopping the stash.....is the best name for where fabric comes from

Oh pretty Pam, I love turquoise! Gotta get my fabric out and make a final decision. Been looking at it for a week. LOL
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

Pam, I love this combo. I'm leaning towards the pink, myself. Universal baby quilt? White for the sashing looks good on either way.

Sunliten......I like the terminology! Shopping the stash! Makes us think we actually went shopping!

Blog Entries
    Hi everyone! Here we go again with the yummy food. I've been into the club car and those rhubarb bar cookies are about gone. Won't admit how many I've eaten! Have you ever had deep fried cheesecake? Oh my! I'll bring along some cheesecake and maybe we can figure out the deep fried thing. Thanks, Jennyk, for being a liason with the cook on this train. See you all soon!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    dabbler312, you might see if you can find a recipe for rhubarb lemonade anywhere. A restaurant in Seattle makes it and it's SOOOOOOO good!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    there is a grill out on the back of the caboose and grilling chicken kabobs and young white corn and there are baking sweet potatoes in the coals..................sigh.....and tiny spinich greens with dried cranberries..........

Blog Entries
    I'm putting the dirt pudding and lasagna with garlic bread in the caboose and searching my stash to see if I can find something acceptable First time on a train/mystery ect.
    http://babyfire04.blogspot.com/
    If it makes you happy, it's worth the time!

Blog Entries
    Ladies, I'm getting hungry again just reading what is in the club car. I'm going to ask the neighbor for some rhubard and make those bars. Can't wait - oh those thighs - going to get bigger I think.

Welcome all of you that haven't been on our train before. It is so much fun!!!! And when it comes through ND I hope you can all get off for an hour or so and sit in my backyard. The johnny jump-ups came back again in my rock garden and they are so fun. I also planted 2 butterfly/hummingbird matts today. What a wonderful day to putter outside. Watered the raspberries. Wish some of you ladies lived closer and I would give you some plants, still have about 20-30 to get rid of this year. They come up EVERYWHERE they aren't supposed to.

And the best news is that the house/polebarn/land in Michigan will be on the market after Memorial Day and it's right across from the land we own already. Even on Roberts Road (which is my last name-think it was named after DH's grandfather) - WOW!!!

DH got home last night =late of course - but doesn't have to go out of town so far this week. Although if there is an emergency - he's gone. But will be nice to have him home again.

Have a great day - it's count down time. Sunliten, love the term "Shopping the Stash". For those who are new to quilting, a "few" of us have a few extra yards of fabric laying around. You never know just when you need that extra color. My biggest problem was that I made fabric notecards and even DH would purchase fabric when he was traveling. How I got 700+ yards is beyond me. Of course, now I need other fabric to quilt - oh the sacrifices.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the LIFE, in your years. (Abe Lincoln)

"The Best" The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. (Helen Keller)

For some reason I'm always hungry when I read this thread. hmmmm

Hey you guys...I think you are the reason I'm getting fat. Printed that recipe for the Rhubarb Bar Cookies. Going to make those. Staying out of that club car though except maybe for a glass of wine or two or three or four.

Blog Entries
    Yum Sunliten I can smell the Grill and its WOW terrific Im grabbing my plate to be first in line for a serving. It's lucky this train also has a car set up with exercise equipment for us. I'll have to do an hour on the elliptical machine... that one that looks like your skiing. Then I will be ready to try some of the dirt pudding and lasagna with garlic bread in the caboose left by babyfire. The weather is beautiful..I can't wait till we make the stop in California to pick up our hostess of cermonies Judy.
    Have an awesome day!

If you talking about paintmejudy, you will have to wait till you get to Arizona to pick her up.

Blog Entries
    Oh..yeah..her daughter lives in California and she goes over there to visit alot..maybe that is why I was thinking California.. or am I really mixed up.. Haha.. Keep me straight PokerDiva
    Have an awesome day!

Yep, your right. Her daughter lives in California. But it would have been nice of her to have asked us along on her adventure in Europe don't you think?

Blog Entries
    LOL; Im sure she will of course bring us back some wonderful pictures.
    Have an awesome day!

Blog Entries
    WOW - did Judy go to Europe? Good for her - I don't even get across the river anymore. But I'm going to CA in June!!!!!!! I can hardly wait. Hoping there will be some great fabric stores in the area we will be at.

Called my friend and said "when you come for some raspberry plants, bring some rhubarb". Can't wait to try those bars.

Off to Wal-Mart (the one without the fabric). DH is out of town again tomorrow so I will run an errand while he is here with Mom.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the LIFE, in your years. (Abe Lincoln)

"The Best" The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. (Helen Keller)

Someone inquired about rhubarb lemonaide? Sounds good. Here's a link to an interesting recipe from allrecipes.com.....http://allrecipes.com/recipe/rhubarb...arch&event10=1
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

I am so sorry but I ate the last of the Rhubarb bars. My goodness they were so good. Guess I will have to make some more. Now to go find some Rhubard. Do they sell it in the CA stores??????? Use to eat it a lot when I lived in MA. All the goodies in the car are so wonderful. Maybe I will just stay in here for the entire ride. LOL. this is my first mystery train ride too and I posted my material earlier. I am excited to get going too. Can Sat get her any sooner?????
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Quote Originally Posted by coopah View Post
    dabbler312, you might see if you can find a recipe for rhubarb lemonade anywhere. A restaurant in Seattle makes it and it's SOOOOOOO good!
    Here you go, at least this is what I use when I have fresh rhubarb. You are so right, it is major good.

RHUBARB LEMONADE

2 (12 oz.) pkgs. frozen rhubarb (3 c. fresh)
    1/4 to 1/2 c. sugar
    1 (6 oz.) can frozen lemonade concentrate
    3 c. water

In saucepan, combine the rhubarb, sugar, frozen lemonade concentrate and water.
    Cover and cook about 20 minutes, or until rhubarb is very soft. Strain to remove pulp. Chill the liquid. Just before serving, pour over ice cubes.

If you chose you may add lemon lime carbonated beverage to each glass, or 2 (7 oz.) bottles (about 2 c.) lemon-lime carbonated beverage, chilled if you are making in a punch bowl. Makes 12 servings.

Quote Originally Posted by babyfireo4 View Post
    I'm putting the dirt pudding and lasagna with garlic bread in the caboose and searching my stash to see if I can find something acceptable First time on a train/mystery ect.
    OK, I must be tired. Did anyone else get an instant cartoon in their head of a woman with a big 'caboose'? You know, over the lips and straight to the hips?

Page 12 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast