Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime >

A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

Old 05-27-2012, 02:37 PM

Does this work?[ATTACH=CONFIG]338248[/ATTACH]
Old 05-27-2012, 02:39 PM

Ok, on that one I didn't go to advanced. I just did quick reply and clicked on insert image. They had to have changed something. Trouble is, I couldn't edit post withoug retyping.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:01 PM

Jen.....take the rabbit food down the road half a mile or so .....leave a trail if you think that will help but do not have the food near your house or garden you will draw every rabbit and squirrl and who knows what probably coyete

they still will probably want your garden.....you need a dog to guard the plants

Last edited by SunlitenSmiles; 05-27-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:07 PM

getting this mental image of Jen making them little jackets and bonnets like Peter Rabbit and his sisters........blame it on the wine and the 1/2 sq. triangles
Old 05-27-2012, 03:11 PM

Why would you want to feed the wild rabbits?
Old 05-27-2012, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by KarenR View Post
Why would you want to feed the wild rabbits?

So they stop eating my green beans and other veggies..in my garden. LOL Sunliten I don't think they would stand still and allow me to fit them for jackets.. of course If I did they would all be western bunnies.. with lil cowboy bunny and cowgirl bunny hats. Everose he is headed for Minot, ND I think that is above Bismark? He says the job will run about three months. He was just laughing with me on the phone and said he felt like he was being sent off to summer camp at 51 years old.. rotfl. I promised to send him some cookies. If he behaved.. Also I went to the cutting board and was all ready to start cutting.. I Could'nt do it.. I just could not cut into my beautiful paisley fabrics.. I sat and looked at it and looked at it.. was nudged a few times by dh and dd. Finally I said; I just can't do it. So Im going scrappy instead. Will post a picture of my scrappy hst's once I get them done. Has anyone ever had this problem..you are all ready to cut and then you just freeze up over a silly pieces of fabrics??? I think I need to visit a brain bucket doctor and see if my bolts are loose.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:51 PM

Here's my step 1, all done[ATTACH=CONFIG]338317[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dscf0616.jpg  
Old 05-27-2012, 06:10 PM

Can't wait to start step 2! We just got back a couple hours ago from camping, soooo naturally as soon as we unloaded and got things put away I had to catch up on here and will start cutting tomorrow I'm loving all the colors you ladies have picked and great job getting all those HST done already!!!
Old 05-27-2012, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by VickiM View Post
Oh, I hope I didn't confuse everyone...I just thought this was a good time to get my batik scraps cut into all the different size scrap squares 5" & less & leave the larger scraps for just in case they're needed, too. I have been concentrating on getting my mountains of scraps cut into squares & strips, as I do alot of scrappy stuff. I have really let the batiks get really piled up with concentrating on the "regular" fabric scraps...since I do plan to do a scrappy batik for this mystery, it's a good time to get it all done. And if I manage to get 80 5" squares out of it all, that would be good. Even if we don't need 80...they will always get used. So, I'm sorry if I caused any confusion. Waiting patiently for Sat.
Good thing I got these all cut...was actually able to get my HST's done today! The child's quilt will have to wait...I discovered I don't have enough of the fabric for C...will catch up with it later. At least the batik is done!
Attached Thumbnails mystery-train-2-batik-scrappy-step-2.jpg  
Old 05-27-2012, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jenniky View Post
Also I went to the cutting board and was all ready to start cutting.. I Could'nt do it.. I just could not cut into my beautiful paisley fabrics.. I sat and looked at it and looked at it.. was nudged a few times by dh and dd. Finally I said; I just can't do it. So Im going scrappy instead. Will post a picture of my scrappy hst's once I get them done. Has anyone ever had this problem..you are all ready to cut and then you just freeze up over a silly pieces of fabrics??? I think I need to visit a brain bucket doctor and see if my bolts are loose.
Jenniky, that's what happened to me on the last MT. I couldn't cut that gorgeous purple print so I had to go to the QS and grab a batik. I don't like the batik, but my daughter does and that's where it is going.

It's bittersweet when our children leave. We raise them to be responsible, productive citizens of the world and then miss them when they go off to do it.

Everose, That white looks like the one I need another quarter yard of - does it have little stars? I only tried one QS yesterday. Nothing at all in optic white except solids. The WOWs were all a creamy white. I like your fabrics. Are the snowmen small enough that most of one will fit on a HST?

No sewing today - party time for my oldest GGS's graduation. I baked lots of cookies and the teenage boys ate lots of cookies. Works for me. When I got home, I started planting flower pots then walked the furgirls. BTW, my daughter uses my little dog's hair to keep the deer out of her apple orchard.

Off to the club car to snack. I don't want real food, just something crunchy.