Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime >

A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

Old 05-27-2012, 07:26 PM

Jen, I thought I was the only one with that problem. I collect but don't want to cut into them. Last mystery I had to (HA HA) purchase fabric that i would cut. This time it took me forever to decide because some is "to nice" to make something for me. I know I deserve, but I'm one who wants to use her things and doesn't want it just laying around. Read the instructions, but was unclear about the scrappy look. How many total squares do we end with? I have a lot of scraps that would work for this.

I hope your brother has a place to stay in Minot. It has been awfully hard to find motels or apts because of the oil and flood problems. 3 months is a long time to be away from home. The last number of summers I traveled with the business, but was only gone 1 1/2 to 2 months. Then I was staying with cousins or friends. But it was nice to get home and use my own things.

Irish, my white has little triangles on it. But I have a number of white/white so will look to see if any have stars. Yes my snowmen are little so will look good on the 1/2 sq. I just need to cut!!!!!

We didn't have rabbits when we had Commander or dog sat for others. I'm going to put some hair out tomorrow.

Time for bed. Quiet day here, but never know what the night will bring. I work again tomorrow morning so will check in after I get home.

Have a great Monday all.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:33 PM

Everose -- I love your snowman grouping! It would be darling!!
Old 05-27-2012, 08:17 PM

Jenniky, i think its hard to cut into favorite fabric when the outcome is unkown. I'd save the favorites for a non-mystery project.

Some people companion plant things like onions and garlic in a border around their garden to discouraged the rabbits from get into the yummy crops on the inside. You could plant something for them on the outside and then thick rows of plants to discourage them. But, if you want them to move on, don't feed them. The only sure fire way to keep them out of the garden is to build a fence and bury wire mesh a ways below the soil line all the way around.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:02 PM

Hello, My name is Audrey and I have decided to hop on your train for a ride and see where it takes me. I have even copied your recipes. So I will see ya all a little later.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:57 PM

This gave me a great break from the deadlines I've been trying to meet! Have 9 quilts with May deadlines. 7 have been delivered to teachers, grads, piano recital ... Have one ready to spray baste and one sandwiched and trying to quilt - it's in Time Out right now. So ... almost done and really ready for a change of pace.

Love the batiks, love the pinks - don't remember what else I've seen. Here comes my teeny tiny picture.
Attached Thumbnails dsc02458.jpg  
Old 05-28-2012, 02:03 AM

From all the HST that's been posted so far, we're going to have a great variety of tops when we're done. I thought I was going to get mine done yesterday, but the boys wanted to sew. So, we made machine blankets for their machines. My GS is 8 & the neighbor boy is 12. GS needed Granny's help, but 12 yr old didn't, he did his all by himself after I showed him what to do. Here's their pic with their projects. I'm so proud of them! Next is thread catcher/pincushions.
Attached Thumbnails cindysquilts-019.jpg  
Old 05-28-2012, 03:45 AM

Love your choice of fabrics with I would have done batiks to.

Originally Posted by VickiM View Post
Good thing I got these all cut...was actually able to get my HST's done today! The child's quilt will have to wait...I discovered I don't have enough of the fabric for C...will catch up with it later. At least the batik is done!
Old 05-28-2012, 03:47 AM

Way to go teach them young and maybe my 20 they will know how to do dishes.

Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
From all the HST that's been posted so far, we're going to have a great variety of tops when we're done. I thought I was going to get mine done yesterday, but the boys wanted to sew. So, we made machine blankets for their machines. My GS is 8 & the neighbor boy is 12. GS needed Granny's help, but 12 yr old didn't, he did his all by himself after I showed him what to do. Here's their pic with their projects. I'm so proud of them! Next is thread catcher/pincushions.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:09 AM

Irishrose, Everose, and Foxflower.. thanks for reassuring me and making me feel better about being so silly about cutting into my Paisley fabric. I have this feeling though it will be sitting a long while before I will find the PERFECT pattern for it..which is sad because I really love it so much.. I would like to display it where I could enjoy it all the time.

Everose some of the rabbits are bigger than our little JR he is a very small toy sized Yorkie and when he does go outside with us for a walk he sticks close by. He is trained to only go on his pad in the bathroom. He is so funny after a walk outside he comes in and runs straight for the bathroom to go. LOL to this date he still has not done any business outside. So he is no help in marking territory so to speak. We do groom him regularly so I suppose I could try putting his hair out in the garden.

Wannabequilter... welcome aboard the train we all look forward to seeing your fabric selections. Enjoy the ride.

Jan love your fabrics your hst's look great.

Cindy.. I think it is great that you are teaching the young men sewing skills and that they are interested in learning.

Have a wonderful morning everyone
Old 05-28-2012, 05:15 AM

Welcome Audrey! I am new on this adventure too but there seems to be room on the train for all of us. How smart you are to write down the recipes as we go along! You might want to be sure to make a copy of the quilt instructions too because I have a feeling when you see all of the gorgeous quilts you are going to want to make one too.

Originally Posted by wanabquilter View Post
Hello, My name is Audrey and I have decided to hop on your train for a ride and see where it takes me. I have even copied your recipes. So I will see ya all a little later.