Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 49 of 62 FirstFirst ... 39 48 49 50 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1532

Thread: A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

They all look great, give yourselves a round of applause!
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PokerDiva View Post
    msevelyn, I am going to give you the post # of the clues.....

Clue 1 post 1
    Clue 2 post 383
    Clue 3 post 610
    Clue 4 post 771 page 78
    Clue 5 post 959 page 96
    Clue 6 post 1103 page

Hope this helps.
    here is a recap of the clues for those who were riding along in the observation car like me. thanks pokerdiva for recapping them. everyone has done a wonderful wonderful job. judy this was a great mystery ride. thanks.
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)
    ~If you can't change your fate, change your attitude.(Amy Tan)
    ~As long as one keeps searching, the answers come.(Joan Baez)

I got mine finished today...YEA! I like the way it turned out...can't wait to show my friend how her scraps got put to use!!! I like nice size throws (50x60 usually), so that's what I made this one. Judy, thank you so much for another great trainride & will be hoping for the best for your upcoming surgery. And all you ladies, thanks for the NON-fattening trip...that's always great! Decided not to do the kid fabric I wanted to do also, I really don't think the fabrics suit this pattern. So, it's just the one quilt this time...later I will make a tablerunner with more of the scraps. So looking forward to the next one in the fall! Ok, here's my top (not quilted or bound yet).
    Attached Images Attached Images

All,
    Thanks for the feedback on which option to use for my binding....then after looking at all the other pics, I may be able to just use the turq or orange from the star...will do some trial runs to see how they look..appreciate your time to share your thoughts...

Everyone's finished mysteries are very inspiring..thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Everose View Post
    Cad, you may have had a "design change", but it looks great from this set of eyes. Your star sure pops with the sashing that you used.
    oh, I agree wholeheartedly!

VickiM, I really like how yours came out, scrappy, but not. The additional border really makes it look cool.

Everose, I took a look at that site, some interesting patterns, for sure. PaintmeJudy might like to take a look at them to give her some ideas for the fall train ride, they are unusual.

You welcome. I love them and always look forward to this time of year to make them from fresh from the garden.

Blog Entries
    vickim i really like wht you did with your project. i like the colors, so cool, and the addtional borders, so nice.
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)

Quote Originally Posted by AnngelAnne View Post
    You welcome. I love them and always look forward to this time of year to make them from fresh from the garden.
    Well, that was a dumb reply, lol, thought I hit the reply with quote button. I said you are welcome for the rhubarb bar recipe. I enjoy them as I said but especially fresh rhubarb from the garden. Now it makes more sense.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
    A suggestion - maybe make another piece like this one, then add borders on the sides, top and bottom as needed.
    I love your idea Judy. You have me stuck on Carpenters Wheels now. LOL I already have figured out how I want to expand the one I have going..but your idea is wonderful. I am going to start another one and use your idea of the two Medallions stacked.
    Have an awesome day!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VickiM View Post
    I got mine finished today...YEA! I like the way it turned out...can't wait to show my friend how her scraps got put to use!!! I like nice size throws (50x60 usually), so that's what I made this one. Judy, thank you so much for another great trainride & will be hoping for the best for your upcoming surgery. And all you ladies, thanks for the NON-fattening trip...that's always great! Decided not to do the kid fabric I wanted to do also, I really don't think the fabrics suit this pattern. So, it's just the one quilt this time...later I will make a tablerunner with more of the scraps. So looking forward to the next one in the fall! Ok, here's my top (not quilted or bound yet).
    Your quilt is beautiful Vicki your purples are so soft and comforting. This blanket will not only give warmth but also lends to a visual soothing effect. You must be very pleased.
    Have an awesome day!

Beautiful Dotty. I like the colors.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Who has Judy's address? She should get some hostess gifts!!
    Dotty in NYC

I have been doing so much traveling since this train ride started. Which makes sense, I guess. LOL I think I am settled for a while now. Today I completed step 3. Everyone's quilts look so good!

Blog Entries
    gosh, i'm in the observation car and i can see her house from here! if anyone needs her address you can p.m. me.
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

I've been on the ride observing. You have all done some beauties! I have wanted to do a Carpenters Star for awhile. I really kicked myself when I saw the end clues. But I printed the patterns. Judy made it look so easy. I'll for sure do one. This week I have to write six papers for my English class I'm taking. And finish sewing siggis on my blocks for sharonB's siggi trade. All y'all should do that! I'd love a siggi to remember more QB inspirers.
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

What is a siggi?

http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...a-t187647.html

Check that out. They're very simple I'd even help make Judy some since she'll be busy for awhile.
    SheriR~

Blog Entries
    signature, in this case a block with your signature

Blog Entries
    sheri-- i don't see how we could get that many done in3 days! but it does sound fun!

Quote Originally Posted by nancia View Post
    sheri-- i don't see how we could get that many done in3 days! but it does sound fun!
    That's the signup date. I think the blocks are due to her mid-July. I don't know. But maybe she'd move the deadline to get the 64 sign ups. They go together very fast. If anyone is interested PM sharonB and see. It could fill some time before the next mystery.
    SheriR~

Blog Entries
    i'm in some other swaps, the modern mini, monthly art quilt challenge and the dq swap, and this month the needlecase swap, so my time is pretty filled, but it does look fun. i'll see if i have any strips. i would love a wild scrappy!

Quote Originally Posted by nancia View Post
    i'm in some other swaps, the modern mini, monthly art quilt challenge and the dq swap, and this month the needlecase swap, so my time is pretty filled, but it does look fun. i'll see if i have any strips. i would love a wild scrappy!
    OMGosh me too... I had to write them on a calendar so I'd stop getting confused. I'm combining a few together, like the garden PP, farm PP, chicken PP. I'm using my siggi's with my postage stamps and the wacky fall log cabins with deb's autumn block swap... EEEKKK! I need a head check!
    SheriR~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
    I'v.... And finish sewing siggis on my blocks for sharonB's siggi trade. All y'all should do that! I'd love a siggi to remember more QB inspirers.
    sheri i am just curious, what is the purpose of making siggi blocks to trade when they are not going as a label to a quilt project? is this swap just about collecting siggi blocks in general or do you do something with them?
    My Quiltboard Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
    sheri i am just curious, what is the purpose of making siggi blocks to trade when they are not going as a label to a quilt project? is this swap just about collecting siggi blocks in general or do you do something with them?
    People do different things with them. I know in the Dear Jane thread we've talked about trading a signiture block between all the ladies who are working together to finish that. Some are using them in the backing as a momento. Some have made quilts for momento. I recently found a quilt in my MIL's closet she made with her sewing friends years ago and they each did a block and signed them. I think it's just a fun thing for memories, if you want. I see mine as a border or a backing on a quilt I've made from blocks traded through the QuiltBoard or like my mystery quilt done with all you here on the train. Just ideas. I think SharonB posted some finished projects people have done in the past.
    SheriR~

Page 49 of 62 FirstFirst ... 39 48 49 50 59 ... LastLast