Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 51 of 62 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1532

Thread: A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanib123 View Post
    So, if we did a siggy block swap for this group, how many would it take to make a quilt the same size as this one? Maybe we could all make an extra, and make Judy a quilt with them? Maybe do blocks bigger than 4.5 since we wouldnt' have as many people?

oh oh. we graduated from hostess gifts to making a siggy block quilt? good luck with the coordination.
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)
    ~If you can't change your fate, change your attitude.(Amy Tan)
    ~As long as one keeps searching, the answers come.(Joan Baez)

Blog Entries
    Wow alot has gone on since I checked in last! I think I fell asleep after a few to many! Still trying to play catch up and get mine posted by this weekend!

Soooo not to change the subject but...... anyone else going to see Magic Mike Yum......
    http://babyfire04.blogspot.com/
    If it makes you happy, it's worth the time!

Oh, please, this is getting too complicated. No siggy blocks for a quilt, please. I will say thank you for thinking of me, but please, no one should be sending me anything.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Quote Originally Posted by stefanib123 View Post
    So, if we did a siggy block swap for this group, how many would it take to make a quilt the same size as this one? Maybe we could all make an extra, and make Judy a quilt with them? Maybe do blocks bigger than 4.5 since we wouldnt' have as many people?
    In Sharon's siggi swap we are making 64 - 4-1/2" blocks. If you follow the link to the pattern 64 blocks will make four 16" BIG BLOCKS. Which will make a 32" top. There needs to be 64 swappers to make it work and so far I think there are 34ish. You have until the end of July to get them to her and they're easy peasy to do. I know everyone here could pop em right out. AND SOOOooo if we join it it's a win win we could do extra blocks for Judy and use scraps from our mystery train quilt. I know I have a pile of white squares left so I'd volunteer to help. Would just need her info. I think a couple of us are in already.

And....Mathteacher! Love your scrappy batik!

Oops...LOL....well I see Judy's post beat me and no siggi blocks. I'll stop pestering.
    Last edited by SheriR; 06-28-2012 at 05:50 PM.
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

Blog Entries
    Babyfire - I must be really out of touch - who is Magic Mike?

I am working on a throw blanket for Mom which will match the pillow cases that I made. Both of these will go to Michigan when we move. Have already decided I will have a yellow or blue bedroom that they will be in. So fun to now decide on what quilts will be where. As if we have even put in an offer - oh well, I can still dream.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the LIFE, in your years. (Abe Lincoln)

"The Best" The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. (Helen Keller)

Blog Entries
    Here is the trailor the guy named mike is the actor Channing Tatum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zDK_...feature=fvwrel

All I can say is Yum! and it's so not fair my friends all work tonight or there would be a midnight viewing in my future!
    http://babyfire04.blogspot.com/
    If it makes you happy, it's worth the time!

I would be happy to go to Magic Mike with you babyfire. Too bad we are so far apart. I love Channing Tatum!
    I have been working on my quilt. It's up on the design wall and I'm not crazy about it. Kind of wish I had swapped my B and C fabrics. Maybe I'll like it better when I get it all put together and get the sashing on.
    That last batik one posted was absolutely gorgeous!

Blog Entries
    we could make it a party of three!! my daughter and daughter-in-law are going tonight after they go to LaBare, a dallas night spot for women, woo hoo! JUST A WARM UP FOR MIKEY!! long drive to get the three of us together!! bummer!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniky View Post
    Oh yeah.. good song to play while FMQing.. haha... Cindy
    Back in the dark ages when I learned to type on a MANUAL typewriter in H.S. we typed to Camptown Races ... it helped us 'coordinate our keystrokes'!

yep, I remember those days! Now when I'm working on the longarm I listen to Jimmy Buffet's channel on XM's Margaritaville. All those Caribbean sounds just make the quilting just flow! Just a groovin to the tunes!

Sulabug, just PM me if you want me to do yours. But Charisma is closer to you than I am & she does absolutely GORGEOUS work!

Blog Entries
    babyfire and pamh you both are gonna need one of those battery operated fans with ya when you go see magic mike. it looks like it will be a good movie. enjoy.
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)
    ~If you can't change your fate, change your attitude.(Amy Tan)
    ~As long as one keeps searching, the answers come.(Joan Baez)

Here's what mine looks like so far. What do you think I should use for the border? I think I like the yellow best but I don't have enough of the one I used. I do have one that is just a shade lighter so it shouldn't be too noticeable. I do have enough of the turquoise or I could use white. Input please!
    Let me know, also, if you notice anything I put in the wrong place. I'm going to start sewing this together and I want it to be right.

Name:  IMG_3106.JPG
Views: 308
Size:  1.46 MB

I like the way the white shows from your flannel board - or do you have any nice weight white fabric? If not, how about a paler yellow?

I have some white kona. I also have a few yellows to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
    I like the way the white shows from your flannel board - or do you have any nice weight white fabric? If not, how about a paler yellow?

PamH, that's a hard one. I like all 3. Depends on the look you want. The yellow would really make it stand out, the turqoise blends real well to all the rest & the white looks great. Do you have any more of the blue/white cloth that's in the star? I think that would tie it together real well. If you go with the white, I wouldn't use a solid white, maybe a white on white print? Let us see the result.

Blog Entries
    PamH, The colors you have are good, or use white, as Judy suggests. It would diminish the overall look if you add another yellow, IMHO. The yellow is quite strong, so it depends on whether you want a sedate quilt or one that "pops!"
    Wish I'd asked for folks to tell me if I had something in the wrong place...I keep looking at it & thinking there's a mistake in the way I sewed the star together. Too late...no way am I ripping it out!

Good sewing & be sure to show us the final result!
    Last edited by coopah; 06-30-2012 at 04:01 AM. Reason: spelling
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    I vote for the white. If you use any color in your piano keys, the colors bleed together where they touch and detract from the pattern.

I found my lost pieces, now to find time to work on them. A family member has been diagnosed with kidney cancer and I have been hospital sitting and will have to travel next week for his surgery. When life gives you scraps, make a quilt. Looks like my life is going have another quilt pattern added.

Love love the yellow LOL adds more color and makes it brighter.
    Whichever you decide, it's beautiful.
    Retta

A reminder to those who may have missed the posting about no clue # 7 on 6/30 -- the mystery concluded last week, 6/23, when I combined clue 6 and 7.

Blog Entries
    Hi Everyone,

I have finally finished the center of my Mystery Train project & want to share it with everyone. I still have to put the border on, but I am sure that won't take me very long!! I am behind, as I went on a trip & missed two lesson's. This project was so much fun & I am looking forward to Fall, for the next one to begin. Thank you Judy for all of your work!! We appreciate you more than you can ever imagine!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Blog Entries
    OMG!!! all the quilts look beautiful!!! I have not been on much lately what a crazy life has been the last week. I am so excited that i am finally getting to spend my day off in my "girl cave" as the men call it i call it my studio. so looking forward to finishing up on all my UFO!

oh! Sulabug! That is coming out so nice! Can't wait to see the end result! You did say you wanted my feathers on it, didn't you???

Blog Entries
    Everyone is doing such wonderful work. I've been practicing my FMQ-ing and am hoping to make forward progress on the Mystery Train Star next week. I need to do some regular sewing today and dread having to change back my machine settings. But I guess going back and forth between settings is good practice. I keep looking around my room and wonder about where I could set up another machine so I can have one dedicated to just FMQ. Cindy my feathers looked like they came from a very ruffled bird who flew too close to a tornado. LOL... more practice for me.

Have a wonderful day ladies. Hugs.

Jen
    Have an awesome day!

Blog Entries
    Thinking......my first feathers looked like they went through the engine of a 747

keep at it Jen....everyday if possible.......gets better each day, and then comes the day you wonder why you ever thought it was difficult.

Page 51 of 62 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 61 ... LastLast