Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Orca Bay Mystery Quilt-Along

WooHoo! Finished sewing step one!! Maybe I can press/square/post a pic tomorrow.

coyote. You're still my inspiration so keep on trucking.
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

I finished my decorating, except for a couple of things. So I had time late this afternoon and I think I have all the squares for Part 3 cut....not sure when I'll be sewing, yet. Still need to do some cleaning, take back a couple of things and start my gift wrapping!

Way to go sheriR for completing part 1!!
    Karen, aka yayaquilts (yaya-Greek for grandma to 5 beautiful granbabies, 2 girls & 3 boys)
    http://kpscarlettandchief.blogspot.com
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and the fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    Good morning to my fellow quilters! I have 150 HST done now. Where is everyone? Sewing I guess. Chat later.
    Carolyn
    Carolyn
    http://s1104.photobucket.com/albums/h329/islandwiz1/Boom%206%20Autumn%20Group/

Blog Entries
    I finished part 3 last nite......I am ready for part 4.......can't wait til friday

Quote Originally Posted by islandwiz1 View Post
    Good morning to my fellow quilters! I have 150 HST done now. Where is everyone? Sewing I guess. Chat later.
    Carolyn
    We are still here. I am still working on #1, I think I have about 50 more QSTs to go. If only the people, dog-people and chicken people around didn't have to eat I would be on #3. Can't wait to get to #2, should be much quicker and much more fun.
    Sweet Caroline

Done with #3. Really excited to see part four. Wonder if the second color will be used.

Still doing a little at a time. I have a few of each part done and a handful of HST done. "Life during the holidays" has gotten in the way of my sewing...... Tested sewing one square and discovered I needed to sew a very scant 1/4"-guess I should have cut the squares at 2 1/2" rather than 2 1/4", but glad I can make them work so I don't have to recut for 350 HST.
    Karen, aka yayaquilts (yaya-Greek for grandma to 5 beautiful granbabies, 2 girls & 3 boys)
    http://kpscarlettandchief.blogspot.com
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and the fingers just won't work anymore."

I'll be glad when I get through the strippy part. for some reason, that is the least enjoyable part to me.

Hi, everyone. I had forgotten about this board - glad I found you. I am also doing the Orca Bay mystery. It is also my first time participating in one of Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilts - although I have saved instructions for several of them.

I decided not to worry whether or not I get each step done during the week. Between work, overtime for work, my son's high school basketball season, and life in general, I can't be sure how much time I will have to sew.

Instead my goal is just to do as many of possible of each step as we go. I have about 80 of the QST triangles done for step 1. I managed to complete all of the string blocks. So far I have about 60 of the HST triangles sewed and another 60 cut.

I am using orange (instead of red), purple (instead of black), and aqua/turquoise for the blue.

Quote Originally Posted by lakekids View Post
    Hi, everyone. I had forgotten about this board - glad I found you. I am also doing the Orca Bay mystery. It is also my first time participating in one of Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilts - although I have saved instructions for several of them.

I decided not to worry whether or not I get each step done during the week. Between work, overtime for work, my son's high school basketball season, and life in general, I can't be sure how much time I will have to sew.

Instead my goal is just to do as many of possible of each step as we go. I have about 80 of the QST triangles done for step 1. I managed to complete all of the string blocks. So far I have about 60 of the HST triangles sewed and another 60 cut.

I am using orange (instead of red), purple (instead of black), and aqua/turquoise for the blue.
    Glad your joining us here lakekids! We will enjoy seeing your progress.

Well I am part of the back end of this project! Monday night I cleaned my sewing room and reorganized some fabric so I can find it better. While sorting, I found a few more pieces of black. I was glad I didn't have all the QST and HST done so I can bring in some variety. My blue strings are almost done. When I get some pressing done, I'll post a picture. I hope this Friday we do not sew BLACK. Coyotemagic, I hope your bad day was nothing to do with the mystery.
    Sam @ Samantha's House.blogspot.com
    SamanthasHouse @Etsy.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lakekids View Post
    \
    I love, love, love, love this color combination!!! I hope you will post photos, can't wait to see them...
    Sadiemae

Blog Entries
    Wow! Everybody is moving right along. I've been a veg for the last 2 days. The meds I take for neuropathy make me sleepy, that combined with rainy weather makes me a zombie. I've been in the recliner with a couple of Furballs, watching the Ghost Hunters marathon, and snoozing. I've got parts 2 & 3 done, still cutting triangles AGAIN for part 1 I plan to be done by the end of tomorrow if I can get the Evil Luna Kitty to let me out of the recliner!

Blog Entries
    Coyotemagic I hope you are feeling better. I am done with part 3. yeah! I have one day to rest and clean the house.
    What will part four bring?
    Carolyn

Blog Entries
    NCINDERELLA was now 95 years old.

After a fulfilling life with the now dead prince, she happily sat upon her rocking chair, watching the world go by from her front porch, with a cat named Bob for companionship.

One sunny afternoon, out of nowhere, appeared the fairy godmother.

Cinderella said, 'Fairy Godmother, what are you doing here after all these years'?

The fairy godmother replied, 'Cinderella, you have lived an exemplary life since I last saw you. Is there anything for which your heart still yearns?'

Cinderella was taken aback, overjoyed, and after some thoughtful consideration, she uttered her first wish:

'The prince was wonderful, but not much of an investor. I'm living hand to mouth on my disability checks, and I wish I were wealthy beyond comprehension.'

Instantly her rocking chair turned into solid gold.

Cinderella said, 'Ooh, thank you, Fairy Godmother'..

The fairy godmother replied, 'It is the least that I can do. What do you want for your second wish?'

Cinderella looked down at her frail body, and said, 'I wish I were young and full of the beauty and youth I once had.'

At once, her wish became reality, and her beautiful young Body returned. Cinderella felt stirrings inside of her that had been dormant for years.

And then the fairy godmother spoke once more:
    'You have one more wish; what shall it be?'

Cinderella looked over to the frightened cat in the corner and said, 'I wish for you to transform Bob, my old cat, into a kind and handsome young man.'

Magically, Bob suddenly underwent so fundamental a change in his biological make-up that, when he stood before her, he was a man so beautiful the likes of him neither she nor the world had ever seen.

The fairy godmother said, 'Congratulations, Cinderella, enjoy your new life.'

With a blazing shock of bright blue electricity,
    the fairy godmother was gone as suddenly as she had appeared.

For a few eerie moments, Bob and Cinderella looked into each other's eyes.

Cinderella sat, breathless, gazing at the most beautiful, stunningly perfect man she had ever seen.

Then Bob walked over to Cinderella, who sat transfixed in her rocking chair, & held her close in his young muscular arms.

He leaned in close, blowing her golden hair with his warm breath as he whispered...

'Bet you're sorry you neutered me.' N eed a good laugh read this from General Chit-Chat today.
    Last edited by islandwiz1; 12-07-2011 at 12:30 PM. Reason: wrong spelling at the end
    Carolyn

that is too cute island!! I read it to my mom and then my son (who is a very good eavesdropper) comes in and asks "what does neutered mean?" LOL too funny
    Brooke

Blog Entries
    I thought it was so cute.
    Carolyn

Winter/South Florida;Summer/anywhere & everywhere North
    oh please!!! I just spewed my martini all over my screen. Too funny islandwiz1!! I'll be saying that punch line for a long time!
    Certified basketcase
    Diane

Winter/South Florida;Summer/anywhere & everywhere North
    Anyhoo....
    Part 1 - Done!
    Part 2 - Done!
    Part 3 - 36 hst done

DIL just dropped another bomb, not only does she want a king size done for ds for Christmas but a lap size for her dgm. And I have yet to get her sewing an accurate straight seam
    Certified basketcase
    Diane

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by baskets4moo View Post
    DIL just dropped another bomb, not only does she want a king size done for ds for Christmas but a lap size for her dgm. And I have yet to get her sewing an accurate straight seam
    By Christmas!!?! Is she planning on locking you in your room and keeping you there until it's done? I love how people think we can magically make quilts overnight!!

Congrats on Parts 1 & 2, 3 isn't really all that bad. I'm still working on part 1 AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by baskets4moo View Post
    Just think of it as a teaching/learning opportunity -- how much one beginning quilter can ACTUALLY get done in 3 weeks (her, not you!) Hope she wants 9-patches and not double wedding rings!
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Blog Entries
    Diane, My oldest grandaughter (9yrs) is getting a sewing machine for Christmas. Her mom goes and tells her grandma can help you make doll clothes for the American girl doll. Who is going to teach me???? She loves to help with quilts and has one started here now. Anyone care to give me any pointers on making doll clothes.
    Carolyn
    Carolyn

There is a wonderful Etsy Shop full of American girl clothes. You can look there for ideas. I think I'd start out with a pattern to learn how and then move on from there.
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Blog Entries
    I think Simplicity has patterns for American Girl Dolls. Cut your pieces a tab bit bigger than the pattern just in case your seam isn't that perfect 1/4 inch

Blog Entries
    Between Triangles I've been working on these.

My room has lousy light in the evening for taking pictures. It's actually Christmas prints each with a touch of gold to them. Will be finished out as a table cloth for my Godfather/Uncle
    Name:  0032.JPG
Views: 113
Size:  1.46 MB

WIP my version of the "Button Tree" pattern. Still need to add the buttons, lol. I have a collection of mini ornaments that will hang on it when it's done.

Name:  0042.JPG
Views: 113
Size:  1.54 MBKatie-bug wasn't impressed

Name:  0012.JPG
Views: 109
Size:  1.73 MB

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast