Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Orca Bay Mystery Quilt-Along

Do you think you are keeping busy enough CoyoteMagic??? LOL Wonderful quilts!

Blog Entries
    So is everyone ready for step 4? Glad I had a day to clean the house and catch up on the wash.
    Carolyn
    http://s1104.photobucket.com/albums/h329/islandwiz1/Boom%206%20Autumn%20Group/

Blog Entries
    I saw Bonnie's post over on Facebook that this Mystery is going to be 8 or 9 parts. She said it's not because it's that big or that many parts, it's that she is breaking it down into smaller bits for us.

I don't have all of part 1 done but it will get there. I probably won't even be able to look at part 4 until sometimes Saturday. Tomorrow is our monthly drive for hours around the Charlotte area picking up donations for the pet charity I work with. I belong to an internet group called Freecycle (they have them in lots of cities, think craigslist, but not as many weirods, lol) We re-use lots of stuff that people get rid of. Will also be picking up clothes and gifts that have been donated to the kids of some of clients. Busy weekend!!

Blog Entries
    Insomnia Sucks! Been flipping and flopping most of the night while DH snored. Sometimes you just wanna smack 'em!!

http://quiltville.blogspot.com/ Part 4 is up!!! Strings again. Get to work in my main color , purple. These are easy enough I should be able to get Part 1 finished by the end of the week as well.

Don't forget to post your pictures over on the http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...d-t168881.html

Have fun!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by COYOTEMAGIC View Post
    Insomnia Sucks! Been flipping and flopping most of the night while DH snored. Sometimes you just wanna smack 'em!!

http://quiltville.blogspot.com/ Part 4 is up!!! Strings again. Get to work in my main color , purple. These are easy enough I should be able to get Part 1 finished by the end of the week as well.

Don't forget to post your pictures over on the http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...d-t168881.html

Have fun!!
    I don't have my Late DH to blame anymore, but I have been tossing and turning all night too. I am going to try one more time to sleep. I just really hate this not sleeping!!!
    Sadiemae

Huh, it must have been a sewers tossing night. I tossed as well thinking about all the Christmas gifts I need to finish maybe I will rt sleep tonight after I work bingo... Yeah right. I'm always so wired after hanging out with those guys lol
    Brooke

Quote Originally Posted by COYOTEMAGIC View Post
    I give my DH a friendly shove and tell him to "roll over!" when he does that. Hope you have plenty of coffee this morning and none of this tonight.
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by Foxflower View Post
    I give my DH a friendly shove and tell him to "roll over!" when he does that. Hope you have plenty of coffee this morning and none of this tonight.
    Foxflower - where did you find those cute emoticons???

The emoticons come from http://www.pic4ever.com/ They are great fun when you're out here like me.
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Blog Entries
    Spent the last 12 hours running around Charlotte picking up donations for the pet charity I volunteer with. I don't think lack of sleep will be a problem tonight! We were giving so many donations, we couldn't make the last 5 stops. There wasn't any room left in my truck!!! Had to go unload and will pick up the remainder of items tomorrow. It's a long day, but the DH and I get to spend some good quality time together.

One stop was to meet with a friend works at PetCo (she saves the empty kitty litter buckets and bags that they use at the store. We clean them up and reuse them to repackage our BULK donations of cat and dog food) While DH loaded donations, me and "the Girls" went shopping for Christmas. Who knew you could spend $150 on cat & dog toys??!!

How many of ya'll work on your blocks today?!

Blog Entries
    The closest Petco for me is 120 miles, so it would be tons of fun to be able to shop like that! My new furbaby is going to get homeade toys. I can't afford to buy toys, and he has decided everything is to chew up.
    Sadiemae

Finally finished part 1 today. All are trimmed and squared. Sooo glad. Cut the paper foundation pieces for part 2 and now I am rolling. Finished 21 of the blue string blocks. I will post pics of them on the picture thread tomorrow. It feels so good doing the string blocks, it is like freedom. So easy.
    Sweet Caroline

Quote Originally Posted by Sadiemae View Post
    The closest Petco for me is 120 miles, so it would be tons of fun to be able to shop like that! My new furbaby is going to get homeade toys. I can't afford to buy toys, and he has decided everything is to chew up.
    You know he'll still want your slippers, right? I'm not sure why slippers taste better than regular cotton rope, but I guess it does. My new furbaby (CoyoteMagic, you'll find this funny, his name is Shadow, but he's not telling me were you're located) especially loves my toddler's boiled wool slippers--and chicken broth basted rawhide! Gotta get some more of those....much cheaper than slippers.

Blog Entries
    You know he'll still want your slippers, right? I'm not sure why slippers taste better than regular cotton rope, but I guess it does. My new furbaby (CoyoteMagic, you'll find this funny, his name is Shadow, but he's not telling me were you're located) especially loves my toddler's boiled wool slippers--and chicken broth basted rawhide! Gotta get some more of those....much cheaper than slippers.
    It doesn't have to be slippers. I can't even use potty pads like I use for Molly. He shreds them into tiny little pieces. Any kind of paper becomes little itty bitty pieces. I can see how spoiled I was with my furbabies before this little bugger. He is very naughty. Now he has figured out that he can jump over the fence, so we have to use a lead chain to go potty. And potty training...Oh boy, that is not fun!
    Sadiemae

I am finished with part 1, 2, and 3..... although I still have to trim the dog ears off of about 150 HST's. I started the red string blocks and cranked out 24 of them last night, but I am not too happy with my reds. I think they look too muddy, as I have a lot of mediums and not enough darks and lights.

I may have to hit the FQ's at Joann's this afternoon. Hope they will be on sale!
    I am a homeschool mom to four little ladies, a prayerful wonderer and marveller, a spirit-filled dancer, a meek and mighty warrior, and a friend to many small creatures. Nice to meet you!

Hi Ladies!
    I'm a bit late getting started but what I've seen so far looks beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by bookworm View Post
    Hi Ladies!
    I'm a bit late getting started but what I've seen so far looks beautiful
    Do it do it!!! We're all at different stages and everyone is so encouraging.
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

I've got my black/white squares cut and gather up red/orange and blue/green strips for the strings

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bookworm View Post
    I've got my black/white squares cut and gather up red/orange and blue/green strips for the strings
    Oh yes, play with us!! My black/ white squares are turqouise and pink. I've had to redo them because the first batch came out too small. I've gotten nothing done so far this weekend.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadiemae View Post
    It doesn't have to be slippers. I can't even use potty pads like I use for Molly. He shreds them into tiny little pieces. Any kind of paper becomes little itty bitty pieces. I can see how spoiled I was with my furbabies before this little bugger. He is very naughty. Now he has figured out that he can jump over the fence, so we have to use a lead chain to go potty. And potty training...Oh boy, that is not fun!
    I have a little boy kitty like that, this little bugger is into everything!!! Toilet paper is kept in a box that he can't get, yet! He thinks his name is INGLES!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    . My new furbaby (CoyoteMagic, you'll find this funny, his name is Shadow, but he's not telling me were you're located) .
    LOL

I have A LOT of brown 8-1/2" squares in my stash. Is there a clever way to sew on them to get the most 2" QTS ??
    SheriR~

Quote Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
    I have A LOT of brown 8-1/2" squares in my stash. Is there a clever way to sew on them to get the most 2" QTS ??
    Look at post #44 in this thread....it shows how to take two 8 inch squares to make 8 QST. I used her method to pump out all 324 blocks and it worked great!
    I am a homeschool mom to four little ladies, a prayerful wonderer and marveller, a spirit-filled dancer, a meek and mighty warrior, and a friend to many small creatures. Nice to meet you!

Quote Originally Posted by Wholeheart Mom View Post
    Look at post #44 in this thread....it shows how to take two 8 inch squares to make 8 QST. I used her method to pump out all 324 blocks and it worked great!
    THANKS! I actually remembered that was here somewhere and spent the longest time searching for it. When I found it it said Q-st my brain just wasn't working lastnight and couldn't see that NOT cutting one part would leave H-st… GOODMORNING :-) and this morning I SAW. Thank you MOM
    SheriR~

Man these pieces are small. I'm very curious to see where this all leads. I've got step 1 and 2 going atm.

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast