Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Orca Bay Mystery Quilt-Along >

Orca Bay Mystery Quilt-Along

Orca Bay Mystery Quilt-Along

Old 11-30-2011, 05:52 PM

I am still struggling with these triangles. I found a ruler for 1/2 and 1/4 triangles that will work. Do I have to flip this ruler over for every second cut? I have sewed 2 hour glass blocks together and they measure exactly 2 1/2". I tried the paper and it keeps pulling my stitches out.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by sammygirlqt View Post
I am still struggling with these triangles. I found a ruler for 1/2 and 1/4 triangles that will work. Do I have to flip this ruler over for every second cut? I have sewed 2 hour glass blocks together and they measure exactly 2 1/2". I tried the paper and it keeps pulling my stitches out.
Use the largest needle you have and set you stitches to really short. I have your basic Walmart special Brother machine. I set it on 1. It also works best if you pull the paper off before you trim everything down to the correct size.

I'm ok ya'll, just pouting. We'll just keep moving along, if these blocks will work great! If not, I'll grumble through making more, lol. Thanks for all your nice comments. Something I learned when I first came here was how supportive everybody is. I've been running behind all day, Chemo day slept the afternoon away, trying to play catch up since. Now off to the picture thread to see if we have new pics
Old 11-30-2011, 06:48 PM

Coyotemagic, what colors are you using for your hour glass blocks? PM me your snail mail address and I will have 20-30 or whatever I can get in an envelop in the mail tomorrow for you. If others can make a batch, you'll be back up and running in no time. Hugs, Jeane
Old 11-30-2011, 07:30 PM

I was able to work a little on those QST today after making my newest granddaughter, 6 months in a few days, her Christmas stocking. I thought I knew exactly how I would make them. Sewed 2 squares and cut them only to find out I did them wrong. So I had to rip out a few seams, and refigure how to actually make them. I now have three completed QST and about a dozen half done-then had to stop for dinner. I'm going to visit my mom for a couple of days, so won't be doing much sewing or decorating the house till maybe the weekend. I will be checking in on QB frequently though!
Old 11-30-2011, 08:11 PM

Coyotemagic, what colors are you using for your hour glass blocks? PM me your snail mail address and I will have 20-30 or whatever I can get in an envelop in the mail tomorrow for you. If others can make a batch, you'll be back up and running in no time. Hugs, Jeane
Thanks Jeane but that's ok. I'll get them done. I've got until May, lol Thanks again for your kind offer
Old 11-30-2011, 08:11 PM
Power Poster

I don't know if you have heard from Coyotemagic yet, but I think her qst's are turquoise and pink. I don't have any turqoise or I would make some.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:12 PM
Power Poster

Coyotemagic, you and I must have been typing at the same time...
Old 11-30-2011, 09:47 PM

i look forward to keeping up with your progress on this mystery quilt. i am collecting & saving the clues for a future project. keep up the good work.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:22 AM

I sewed for two whole days and now I am ready for step 3.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by islandwiz1 View Post
I sewed for two whole days and now I am ready for step 3.
WOW! congrats on finishing the first parts!