Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Orca Bay Mystery Quilt-Along >

Orca Bay Mystery Quilt-Along

Orca Bay Mystery Quilt-Along

Old 12-17-2011, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by candi View Post
Ok, now try to say scrappy five times in a row,lol.
Haha!! I tried to do it fast and found I lose count!! Man, I must be tired or something lol.
On the other hand, I have 69 blue strings from step 2 done, but only 30 of them are trimmed. I am getting closer! I hope to finish this one today and work on step 3 a little tomorrow, but I also have to put the binding on my sister's Christmas quilt. I have gotten to the point that 3 of my kids will get there top with the promise of quilting and binding it soon. My sister will be in town on Wednesday and don't see myself doing too much sewing then as I will only get a week together and I haven't seen her since Feb of 2010 so it has been a while. I will get caught up soon enough when the dust settles here lol
Old 12-17-2011, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by brookemarie19 View Post
Haha!! I tried to do it fast and found I lose count!! Man, I must be tired or something lol.
On the other hand, I have 69 blue strings from step 2 done, but only 30 of them are trimmed. I am getting closer! I hope to finish this one today and work on step 3 a little tomorrow, but I also have to put the binding on my sister's Christmas quilt. I have gotten to the point that 3 of my kids will get there top with the promise of quilting and binding it soon. My sister will be in town on Wednesday and don't see myself doing too much sewing then as I will only get a week together and I haven't seen her since Feb of 2010 so it has been a while. I will get caught up soon enough when the dust settles here lol
Hang in there Brooke. Enjoy your sister while she is visiting. Family is much more important that getting further on Orca Bay! It will be here for you next month. Most of us will not get much done this week either.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:47 PM

Have you guys seen step 5? Please excuse me while I go pass out.....LOL
Old 12-17-2011, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by bookworm View Post
Have you guys seen step 5? Please excuse me while I go pass out.....LOL
This really goes pretty fast once you get the triangles cut. The cutting did not take that long by lining up 4 layers at a time. I just chain piece them 10 at a time, then press and turn them around to do the other side.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by islandwiz1 View Post
Still looking for the darn plug . I will have to clean my mess after I find it. I hate getting old! Can't remember where I put a simple plug.
I'm with you! Getting old is for the meek or at least somebody besides us! Couldn't find my dog's collar, after I washed it-looked everywhere I KNEW I'd put it!!!!lol Found it in a random place, when I wasn't actually looking for it!!

As for our Mystery Quilt: the last few days I've been plugging along, sewing my QST's and HST's, a little each day. I thought I had sewn them all and was pretty excited. As I was cutting them apart and ironing all those small pieces, I started putting them in stacks of 10. I discovered I'm short about 20 or so of the HST-darn! So back to the cutting board. I am about halfway done squaring up the QST's though!
Old 12-18-2011, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by yayaquilts View Post
I'm with you! Getting old is for the meek or at least somebody besides us! Couldn't find my dog's collar, after I washed it-looked everywhere I KNEW I'd put it!!!!lol Found it in a random place, when I wasn't actually looking for it!!

As for our Mystery Quilt: the last few days I've been plugging along, sewing my QST's and HST's, a little each day. I thought I had sewn them all and was pretty excited. As I was cutting them apart and ironing all those small pieces, I started putting them in stacks of 10. I discovered I'm short about 20 or so of the HST-darn! So back to the cutting board. I am about halfway done squaring up the QST's though!
Good progress... slow and steady! I thought I had enough HST's but found out I was short too. At least I know that someone else is back to the cutting board along with me! :0)
Old 12-18-2011, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by candi View Post
Ouch sorry about that. Well if it makes you feel any better, I am not done with step one yet, and haven't done any of step 4, have about 50 done on the strings(step 2) and about 168 on the HST's, so no where near caught up
I'm also still on part one, about half done, started part two, (10 completed) have not started 3, 4 or 5 yet.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Suse View Post
I'm also still on part one, about half done, started part two, (10 completed) have not started 3, 4 or 5 yet.
You're doing fine, just keep working on at least some part of it. I'm having to stop until I finish these last 2 gifts! One has to be in the mail TOMORROW!!!! EEEEK!
Old 12-18-2011, 08:03 PM

Can someone tell me if there is anything remedy for mouth sores from chemo. My poor DH is suffering so much and it is upsetting me so much I can't sew. I have tried baking soda and salt to rinse his mouth so far.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by islandwiz1 View Post
Can someone tell me if there is anything remedy for mouth sores from chemo. My poor DH is suffering so much and it is upsetting me so much I can't sew. I have tried baking soda and salt to rinse his mouth so far.
This is probably not the right place to ask and reply. But I am a hospice nurse and have encourntered this problem. There is a "swizzle" mouth rinse that the pharmacist mixes up. It's pink. It's basically the medication for thrush (white dots in a baby mouth). He needs to have his doc call in a prescription for the pink swizzle. If you need more info, PM me.