Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Orca Bay Mystery Quilt-Along >

Orca Bay Mystery Quilt-Along

Orca Bay Mystery Quilt-Along

Old 12-19-2011, 03:38 PM

Candi,

They gave him a miracle mouthwash. It numbs his mouth so he was able to eat a little bit.
On my wings for the mystery I should use the scrappy pinks to inclose the blue is this right. I feel like a little kid in school not knowing what to do. If you go on Bonnie's site people have already finished step 5. And I haven't even cut one triangle yet for step 5. But it will be another challenge for me to get finished before the 23rd cause I am going to celebrate my bday that night with my neice. My DH made reservations for us to go to eat and now he can't so he told me to take my neice Garnet1265 with me.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:06 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by islandwiz1 View Post
Finally miss dumb dumb did it right. It is so hard to learn new tricks. Now I can post pictures yeah. So should I use pink or blue for the wings???
I would pobably use pink as my neutral and make my wings with blue, but everyone has their own preferences. You could make one with pink wings and one with blue wings, and then decide which is your favorite.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:14 PM

Carolyn, I am glad to hear that your DH is at least able to eat.

AND OMG, I LOVE your units, that yellow is stunning, and I love the scrappy QSTs and the purples, I think you are doing a fabulous job. And don't worry about not being able to finish by the 23rd, heck, I am not even done with any of the clues, I have partial units done of each clue but none is completely done so you are not behind at all.

As far as which colors to use for the wings, you just want to decide which color of the blue or pink you'd want as your background color and not use that one for the wings, makes sense? Now Bonnie used red for her main, you are using purple, she said blue for accents, you are using yellow (a favorite of mine lol), and then she uses black and white where you used pink and blue, so you just have to decide which you want to use as which. In my opinion, since no one of us knows what the pattern is going to look like, lol, you won't go wrong choosing either. Just pick one and use it for the wings and remember that this is NOT your background so for future steps, you'd know which colors to go.

OK, hopefully I didn't confuse you more and hope you have a fabulous birthday celebration with your niece and your DH gets to feel better soon.

Old 12-19-2011, 04:28 PM

HipHipHurray!!! I finished all my QST's for Part 1 today!!!

Now I need to finish squaring up the HST's before I can think about starting Part 5, but then I should probably finish up Parts 2 & 4 first.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:44 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by yayaquilts View Post
HipHipHurray!!! I finished all my QST's for Part 1 today!!!

Now I need to finish squaring up the HST's before I can think about starting Part 5, but then I should probably finish up Parts 2 & 4 first.
Awesome!!!
Old 12-19-2011, 05:49 PM

Sadiemae, I finally posted my progress what do you think of the colors?
Old 12-19-2011, 06:06 PM
Power Poster

Sadiemae, I finally posted my progress what do you think of the colors?
I love your colors!!! I can't wait to see the finished quilt!!
Old 12-19-2011, 07:48 PM

Coyotemagic, Thanks , I will ask for samples today.

What color are you doing your wings in?
I'm not sure, my squares are a dark turqouise and pink but I don't think I have anymore of the darker.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:56 PM

Finally miss dumb dumb did it right. It is so hard to learn new tricks. Now I can post pictures yeah. So should I use pink or blue for the wings???
Beautiful!! your quilt is going to be AWESOME!! Your wings will be the turq. blue like you used in your QST and HST
Old 12-19-2011, 08:01 PM

Hey gang, I may not be around for the next couple of days. Chemo tomorrow, find out if we loose our house tomorrow, and a few other things going on. Need to take care of these things for a few days