Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Our 7th Mystery Quilt Train Ride -- Whoo Hoo >

Our 7th Mystery Quilt Train Ride -- Whoo Hoo

Our 7th Mystery Quilt Train Ride -- Whoo Hoo

Old 10-06-2014, 07:02 AM

no, no, it cannot be time for the last clue yet..............I am having way too much fun....and tiddley winks are fun too
whew, checked ...we have lots more clues to go.....all the way thru October.
Old 10-06-2014, 07:12 AM

I love when I see a first set of blocks, then a second, then a third. But then I have try and remember what your first set looked like when the third set was posted. So i think in the next mystery I might sugest that you show your pile of old blocks along with the new, so we can see everyone's blocks coming together. Might not work with the next one, because it will be scrappy, but haven't nailed down the mystery yet so will have to see ......

But I love all the blocks, and I think everyone is going to be pleased with their quilts.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:38 AM

I'm two Saturdays behind, thanks to a dentist who made me go through a lot of unnecessary, debilitating pain. My regular dentist has hired a new partner. The "partner dentist" prepped one of my teeth for a crown, made the impressions for a permanent crown, then put a temporary crown on. Afterwards, I kept calling and showing up at their office, in terrible pain, and the "partner dentist" just kept saying it "shouldn't be hurting", and kept throwing pain pills at me. Then my permanent crown arrived a few days early, and the "partner dentist" installed it without numbing my mouth. I just about went through the roof. She said it would stop the pain, though. However, the pain only got worse. I finally went back and insisted on seeing my regular dentist, and within literally two seconds he determined that the tooth was abcessed. Root canal, right there on the spot. He had a hard time drilling through the crown, plus he couldn't get me numb enough, I guess because I was already in such bad pain. He even changed to a stronger numbing medicine, which would work for maybe a minute, then the pain would come right back. Needless to say, the root canal procedure was pretty horrible. To add insult to injury, DH was on vacation last week, so we didn't get to do anything fun, since I didn't feel like doing anything but sleep (pain meds knock me out). I overheard a conversation during my root canal, and I'm pretty sure my regular dentist was not at ALL happy with the "partner dentist".

But anyway, I'm feeling considerably better now, and the antibiotics have started kicking in, so hopefully I can get caught up on the mystery quilt in the next few days.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:53 AM

Ow on the dentist, Moonrise. I hate them :/

I'm behind this week, but will be working on the blocks as quickly as I can!
Old 10-06-2014, 09:13 AM

Oh, moonrise, that sounds so horrible! I can relate a little bit but I didn't have near as much pain as what you described. I've had 3 teeth with problems in the last year. I also had to have a root canal through my nice new crown. Owie! I also had problems with getting the tooth numb.
I've been working on my blocks, finally. I will post pics when I get caught up.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:30 AM

Moonrise: Sounds like some horrible new drawn out form of torture. I swear I would ask for my money back.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:43 AM

Moonrise -- sorry to hear about all that pain. I hope at least you get your money back for the unnecessary crown and procedures. Actually the dentist should pay you!

Retired, Haylillian, Dotcom -- love your blocks. This quilt is going to be the best ever!
Old 10-06-2014, 11:00 AM

Moonrise, I have to have some dental work done. After hearing about your ordeal, I am really hesitate to go.
Old 10-06-2014, 11:19 AM

Thanks, y'all. I feel much, much better now.

Originally Posted by klaws View Post
Moonrise, I have to have some dental work done. After hearing about your ordeal, I am really hesitate to go.
Don't be worried. I've had a TON of dental work in the past, including 2 other root canals, braces, surgery, etc., and this is the only time I've experienced anything like this. My regular dentist is awesome. It was his new partner who dropped the ball by not listening to me and not checking to see if there was a problem with the tooth before putting the permanent crown on.
Old 10-06-2014, 11:38 AM

I think tooth pain is worse than childbirth! So glad you're doing better MOONRISE! I work in the dentistry field and still about have a panic attack every time I have to have something done.