Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Our 7th Mystery Quilt Train Ride -- Whoo Hoo >

Our 7th Mystery Quilt Train Ride -- Whoo Hoo

Our 7th Mystery Quilt Train Ride -- Whoo Hoo

Old 10-25-2014, 11:41 AM

ok... those are lovely... they will be beautiful.
Old 10-25-2014, 12:23 PM

Haylillian what beautiful distractions you have, and they are your greats!!

Judy - very cunning, we had worked out that there were some blocks missing but didn't even think about corners! Excellent!!
Old 10-25-2014, 12:28 PM

Got my corners made--I'll play with the layout tomorrow.
Thanks, Judy, for a great ride!
Old 10-25-2014, 01:19 PM

What a beauty !!!! Had to order more of my "D" fabric (operator cutting error) so mine will take a few days longer to post IF I can remember how to post from I phone, duh !!! Anyway, a great big big hug and THANK YOU for hosting a fun train ride... Met a lot of neat people in the club car who are not only fabulous quilters but also great cooks .....Think I gained a few pounds on this ride. Think I will go back and make the rest of your MYSTERY QUILTS!
Old 10-25-2014, 04:35 PM

I've finished the corner blocks and sewn and trimmed the hourglass block pairs. I really want to do more tonight, but have to prepare for a class tomorrow. We have a church event tomorrow so I won't be able to sew until after 2 pm. Poo!

But I already know this is going to by my favourite quilt. And I'm keeping it -- it's all mine!
Old 10-25-2014, 04:51 PM
Power Poster

I love the quilt. I'm mad at myself for screwing up the top row over the stars. after I got my sides on, i realized i didn't alternate my blocks on the top, so my sides will be and my top and bottom with be straight across. My dh loved ti, and he didn't notice my screwup, but I'm really po'd at myself for this foolish mistake. Have made over 350 quilts and never should have made this novice mistake. Oh as they say, live and learn. found my 2 1/2" ruler, so when i make it again, I won't do that next time!!!
Judy, thank you so much for taking us on this fabulous train ride. It was so much fun!!
Old 10-25-2014, 05:00 PM

Got mine sewn together today and naturally had to flip the last row, like the red inside better much better. Had to change the corner stones but got that done. Decided to wait and ponder on the border, sleep on it tonight and will do "something" tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails getattachment.jpg  
Old 10-25-2014, 05:13 PM
Power Poster

Jaba, your quilt came out beautiful. I'm on my last row and decided to take a break, my back gave in b4 i did this time.
Old 10-25-2014, 05:39 PM

Wow, Judy...didn't see that coming! Love, love, love it! And Jaba, beautiful! I am going to have to take an extra couple of weeks on this, as I will have to alter it for the large applique center I had planned. Will be fun to try to remain true to the mystery & incorporate what I had in mind for this quilt...like I said, it is to be for a raffle & had already been partially planned. So, will keep watch on here to see all the beautiful finishes, & work on mine inbetween craftshows. Hopefully, it will be done within a couple of weeks...gotta get that applique center done. Had to see what size that center would have to be, so had to wait till the end of mystery to even start to make it. This was great fun...thank you again Judy...I will be onboard for #8!
Old 10-25-2014, 06:16 PM

Thanks Lynnie and VickiM, I really like this one and already know what I'm going to do for the borders.....I think, at least tonight I know Will do tomorrow and post my final decision. Have some other fabric in mind for this also that may just work out great, it won't be sitting on the shelves anymore. Well that's later, better finish this one first. Night all