Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Our 7th Mystery Quilt Train Ride -- Whoo Hoo >

Our 7th Mystery Quilt Train Ride -- Whoo Hoo

Our 7th Mystery Quilt Train Ride -- Whoo Hoo

Old 09-25-2014, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
oh, Sula ..... Grasshopper, you have made me proud.
OH JUDY..............You have just made my day. I am so glad that you like my fabric selection & already finished HST's. You give all of us the inspiration to move forward with your Mystery Train Projects. Your are MY HERO!!
Old 09-26-2014, 01:23 AM

Boy oh boy! Not visit the thread for a day & everyone posts such yummies! Both their clues & food! I got so interested in the flan cake that I googled it, came up with the recipe & made it. It is scrumptious! Gonna have to try these 2 new recipes too.
I see some gorgeous quilts coming out of this mystery. 46 of us? Doesn't surprise me. Words getting around that the mystery trains are a lot of fun & the quilts are all gorgeous.
Sulabug, I love the Jim Shore pumpkin! The angel you sent me a couple of years ago sits right next to the TV in the studio, so I see it every day. I just love it! He makes some awesome stuff.
Tomorrow is clue day. WOOHOO! Can't wait to see what we do next! In the mean time, I left some really good Louisiana coffee & beignets in the club car. Just a little taste of New Orleans this morning. Enjoy!!
Old 09-26-2014, 03:23 AM

Sulabug::: Do you mix the cake mix , dry, with the pumpkin ? Or do you follow the directions for the cake then add the pumpkin ?????? I want to try it for Sunday. Thanks. I have been at the hospital since Monday as DH had breathing problems. Will hop on board at the next stop. Hugs to all.
Old 09-26-2014, 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by SulaBug View Post
I forgot to mention that I am making a goodie to put in the Train car for everyone to try. Here is the super easy recipe just in case you want to make more for yourselves!!
Yummy, and with some cream cheese frosting, Heavenly. Thanks sulabug for sharing.
Old 09-26-2014, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
purtervat, I feel your pain, I made a memorial quilt for my cat, only about 18 x 18, it was itties on hearts in rainbow colors on black. He stepped on the rainbow bridge and so i did the quilt. It helped me thru it. He was my constant companion. Zoey is in my life now for 4 years, and she is my heart. I love her dearly. what a sweetie. She loves me more than she loves her daddy, but i'm always with her. she's a russian Blue. and I love her to pieces. I know how you feel.

Wow 48 riders on this train. Alot of new friends to make, A handful I know but I'm getting to know you all slowly. we're in on this ride for a few more weeks. Can't wait to see the next clue.

And again, a big thanks to our hostess Judy. Lets give her a big hand!!!
Lynnie - we had a Russian Blue for 17 years, Tigger was the craziest cat, got her as a 6 wk old kitten and she moved with us to 4 states (hubby was USAF.) she never let someone in the house without loving on them, especially the men.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:08 AM

My squares all done.
Attached Thumbnails img_5589.jpg  
Old 09-26-2014, 05:53 AM

M-Fay I like the tiny patterns and one of your other fabrics, "E" I think, had an interesting figure I wanted to ask about.
Old 09-26-2014, 06:19 AM

Oh Sulabug, I just love Jim Shore figurines! I don't have a pumpkin yet. I have several Santas and a few Angels, I just love to look at them. They are so folk artsy and sweet and I love how he incorporates quilts

I've shared my honey coffee in the goodies car this morning
Old 09-26-2014, 06:37 AM

my reference to grasshopper was from Kung Fu, but the other reference I am thinking may have been Moonstruck.

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
Judy was it 'Kung Fu"?
Old 09-26-2014, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Podunk Princess View Post
Sorry.....should have labeled those fabrics to eliminate confusion. The order of the fabrics in the photo actually turned out to be: C E B A D. I have plenty of all the fabrics to make a change so if I chose poorly for the quilt, let me know and I'll re-make them.
If you have used the correct combinations given in clue 2, you are fine. your fabrics are really nice together.