Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Our 7th Mystery Quilt Train Ride -- Whoo Hoo >

Our 7th Mystery Quilt Train Ride -- Whoo Hoo

Our 7th Mystery Quilt Train Ride -- Whoo Hoo

Old 09-27-2014, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Nana2ten View Post
Pam H. I took my clues from Judy. She went dark, light, dark, light, dark. If it were me, I would move c to e, e to d and d to d, but again, just if it were me. Nice thing is, it's yours and you can do what you want ��. I love the colors you've chosen.
My C has to stay where it is since I only have 26". But I did do some switching. Maybe this would work better. Judy? Help!!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 09-27-2014, 06:43 AM

Pam: I did the same thing Nanna2 did, in addition I placed the "focus" fabric in the C position because Judy placed the most figured there. (Note: Others have placed there's in other positions.) I love your selections but, of course, I'm guessing about placement. Sorry about the lack of response but there are so many people, with so many beautiful choices and I don't really feel that I know anything about what is "right".
Old 09-27-2014, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
My C has to stay where it is since I only have 26". But I did do some switching. Maybe this would work better. Judy? Help!!
I'm not Judy, but I like your arrangement. I wish now I had placed my highly patterned C in the D position but Judy's was at C. But I note now that she has suggested to a couple of folks they move their highly patterned fabric to D. But the HSTs are done, and I'm not changing it now.
Old 09-27-2014, 07:05 AM

Belfry: Amen to your post. It bothers me that the least amount of fabric is in the C position where I placed my focus fabric plus Judy placing many focus fabrics in the D position. But like you, HST are done and I'm going with it. Maybe Judy will make a comment, hopefully to soothe our concerns. If she came right out and said the focus would be better in D I think I might change.
Old 09-27-2014, 07:13 AM

It's 4.00 pm here in UK the waiting seems to take forever! But it is fun to keep checking back!
Old 09-27-2014, 07:14 AM

All right, everyone, i am here, have glanced through the posts and have a ton of things to answer, then will post the next clue. hang on a few minutes and I will be back shortly. Emma, I will address your comment.
Old 09-27-2014, 07:15 AM

Pam H, I love that! Just switching those two made the difference!
Old 09-27-2014, 07:18 AM

Maybe I can sneak in a comment before Judy gets back. RE: the original Kung Fu series starring David Carradine. I loved that show. And yes it's funny how many of us remember it.
Old 09-27-2014, 07:34 AM

Default Answers

oldcatlady - pretty fabrics, and your order A-E is fine.

Vickie - what a great group you have. This will be a fabulous raffle prize.

klaws - welcome! Love your swirly - I bought that in the purple-y combo. Do you have enough to use this as D? As to the other fabrics, I'd pick something in the medium brown and maybe a darker gold. Or some green as Pam suggested if you want that many different colors.

Pam - not to worry, you'll catch up. No race to the finish! Your fabrics are great and the order is perfect. But saw a later posting, and love that too.

tlambing and quilt addition - you both have made beautiful blocks.

lstew and poker -- can't please everyone, can I?

quiltingnd - 36" for E should be ok. And your fabrics are fine. But truth be told, re 1st pix, I'd like to see the gray (labeled as C) and blue switched if you have enough. Personally I love the combo with the 2 gray fabrics, will be more dramatic. But would still swith the position of the grays.

Belfry - color and value has nothing to do with suggestions on switches of fabrics. I realize now I should have given more fabric selection guides to you all in the first posting. I apologize to all of you, I know there has been a lot of agonizing over choices and I am sorry. If I know someting will look unbalanced, I try to guide the quilter. But in the end, I think they will all turn our nicely.

Emma - There is no one "focus" fabric as in many quilts. But there are two fabrics that will be more prominent than others, and a third that will be prominent in a different way. Confused? Sorry. But it is a mystery. Next mystery, I will word my fabric suggestions more closely to eliminate some of the confusion I have generated.

So ... now I am off to make the posting for the next clue.
Old 09-27-2014, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
Pam - I looked at both of your fabric postings again, and I like the second better, the posting # 701