Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

Ladybugnana 01-03-2010 12:59 AM

I would love to do this but I don't have word so I can't open the documents.

kluedesigns 01-03-2010 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by Ladybugnana
I would love to do this but I don't have word so I can't open the documents.

on page 109 there's a post by bluechicken that has the files converted to PDF you can download those and download the free adobe on their website if you don't have it already.

bchuggins 01-03-2010 06:06 AM

I'm jumping ahead with this question - How are the sashing strips sewn on. In long strips across the entire row? I was thinking it might be easier to sew the strip on the bottom and along the right side of each block... then when we sew the blocks together the sashing will already be done for most of the quilt. We would still have to sew the top row of sashing and the first block of each row would need one strip on the left side. Does this babbling make sense?

Dawn Hendrix 01-03-2010 08:43 AM

I haven't forgotten.. My daughter is still here, she goes back to college this week so I will be able to focus on my blocks once she is gone. It has been so wonderful having her home for the holidays!

Esqmommy 01-03-2010 08:47 AM

Hey Gai - I pretty much take all the paper off before I sew them together. too much stuff for me, although I like the idea of having the paper to sort of "hold" the blocks together over the year.

Maribeth 01-03-2010 08:49 AM

I may be misunderstanding the process here, but is there a posting with the paper piecing templates to print out for each week's blocks or is that just with the software?

cheriffic 01-03-2010 09:03 AM

the foundation (aka PP ) patterns are printed out from the software yes. Do you have the software?
Cher

bebe 01-03-2010 11:03 AM

I am not very computer savy :oops: :cry:

I tried doing my download on the Jane blocks and got losrt i think I surrender. I need someone to show me or talk me through this. I think I m bowing out since I am lost.

Only way I can do this is if I get someone to teach me. I am a computer dummy. i cannot read directionsand assemble. myself. I learn from looking at someone doing it. This saddens me :thumbdown:

cheriffic 01-03-2010 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by bebe
I am not very computer savy :oops: :cry:

I tried doing my download on the Jane blocks and got losrt i think I surrender. I need someone to show me or talk me through this. I think I m bowing out since I am lost.

Only way I can do this is if I get someone to teach me. I am a computer dummy. i cannot read directionsand assemble. myself. I learn from looking at someone doing it. This saddens me :thumbdown:

Bebe there has to be something we can do to help you the tutes are really accurate for assembly. Do you have the software?

cheriffic 01-03-2010 12:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Cleaned up fabric washed and lined up ready to go