Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

Sheree from Chicago 11-30-2009 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
hey guys

i found these spreadsheets online - they seem pretty good for keeping track of whats made and how many pieces are in the quilt.

one file is for people only making blocks and the other file is for people making an entire jane.

This is going to be great Klue!

Sheree from Chicago 11-30-2009 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by kwhite
I just ordered my templates. I have silk thread. I am ready to begin!!!

Let the festivities begin!!!!!!!

luvmortherest 11-30-2009 08:51 PM

i am very excited to get started

Sheree from Chicago 11-30-2009 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
silk thread? what's this????? a new detail I need to be aware of? Do I not use my cotton for the DJ????

I learned at the class I took that silk disappears better than other threads for applique. Teacher was right! The only bad thing is that it slips out of the needle easier than cotton. Also the applique needles are so tiny, even with my glasses I had a hard time threading so I purchased a Clover threader that you put your needle in eye down and lay your thread in and push a lever down. It works! Otherwise, I would have been ripping my hair out trying to thread the needle constantly!

Sheree from Chicago 11-30-2009 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by dunster
For those of you who like YLI silk thread, I highly recommend this web site. The prices are the best I've found, and delivery is prompt.

http://www.textileart.com/YLI100.php...9ucu81qp10ard1

Thanks Dunster! I was able to get matching silk thread for my DJ fabrics at a recent quilt show. The quilt shop I took the needle turn class at only had a light and dark neutral. I really need my stitches to disappear, so I got matching. Thank you for the link for silk thread. It's great.

Sheree from Chicago 11-30-2009 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by blueribbontoes
I would love to play along, however, I will be using the book. Will the tutorials be available to those without the software?

Your profile pic is way too cute!!!!! Love that little munchkin face!

kluedesigns 11-30-2009 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Sheree from Chicago

i wish we all lived near each other so we could just pop over and help each other out.

I wish we all lived close by too!

me 2, it would be so wonderful to play together in person

Sheree from Chicago 11-30-2009 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Has anywone got pictures of their triangles they have made. I made 2 but had the wrong sizes on my Options button. Have corected that now so will try again.

sadly, i didn't keep pics of the ones i made since they were for guild quilts i never that about doing that.

i can post pic of the triangles i rec'd yesterday for the swap. they are made by chewboo and they're stunning.

i took the pic on top of the ruler so you could get an idea of size

OMG Chewboo these are fantastic!

kluedesigns 11-30-2009 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by cutebuns
I am totally adicted. I took a break this afternoon but might yet get back to it tonight. We will see

its like potato chips you can't stop at one

kluedesigns 11-30-2009 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Sheree from Chicago

Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
Klue, is there going to be a picture only thread once we start, or can we set them up on flicker like was done with the doll swap quilts?

i think we should all set up a flicker thing for sure. i'm going to PM admin when the time draws near and ask him how he wants this dealt with because i've seen him say many times that we just can't post too many quilt pics and WIP pics.

maybe he'd like to have a perm record on the forum for future users - but either way we all need to set up a "flicker" type of account for our janes.

Where do we find out how to do that? Am I driving you nutso yet?

i'll set up an account and when we have our official kick off i will post the link, the user name, password, and how to upload pics.

its totally an option thing - if people don't want to post pics in 2 different locations that cool.