Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 January 2010 Block of the Month, for January!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-january-2010-block-month-january-t32824.html)

SulaBug 01-03-2010 02:27 PM

Ladies!! :D
We are so excited to have so many of you start this project with us. It's going to be so much fun. Remember just because the block is called Sunflower, you don't have to use sunflower fabric. You can use your imagination & come up with your own color combination. After all, this quilt will be for yourself, that is unless you decide to give it away for a gift. So, let's continue having fun & sharing what we come up with!!
Thanks again for joining!!
:D :D :D :D

brookemarie19 01-03-2010 07:07 PM

I think I will be doing this BOM because it looks like it could be easy enough for me to do, and being my first BOM to ever do that is pretty important. Now to just find a color to go with....

wvdek 01-03-2010 10:55 PM

Sulabug,
I tried opening the link to Blue Mtn. and had no success. So I went to Quilted Newsletter and same thing happened.
I can't figure out what is wrong on my end,. Anybody have any ideas? I already made sure Adobe is in properly and also pop-up blockers s ok. What am I missing?

Guess DH will have to check it ot in the morning.

SulaBug 01-04-2010 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by wvdek
Sulabug,
I tried opening the link to Blue Mtn. and had no success. So I went to Quilted Newsletter and same thing happened.
I can't figure out what is wrong on my end,. Anybody have any ideas? I already made sure Adobe is in properly and also pop-up blockers s ok. What am I missing?

Guess DH will have to check it ot in the morning.

I am so sorry!! Did you try the link that Patrice put in, as an update? If you can get on the Blue Mountain site, it is the January BOM for 2008. Do keep us posted.
Cheryl

Barb M 01-04-2010 12:19 AM

Patric's link didnt work for me either, but i didnt try doing an adobe update yet. But im going to paper piece mine without instructions.

Rina 01-04-2010 03:57 AM

I think I am also going to do this BOM. Never done it before.
Sorry if I sound a bit blond, (I'm a natural) do you a block a month for 12 months and then sew it together for yourself, or do you exchange it with others? What about the coulor scheme? Do you need to stick with sunflowers if the name is sunflowers or do you just do your thing the way you like it. Thanks.

Margie 01-04-2010 05:33 AM

I love this block, wish it could be paper pieced and I would make it.

Margie

brookemarie19 01-04-2010 07:35 AM

Ok, I know I sound way behind on this, but can anyone tell me what the size of the quilt would be if I were to make one of each square or how much bigger would it be if I made two of each square and put it all in one quilt. Thanks so much to whoever can help. Still learning but I'm getting there.

Elisabrat 01-04-2010 08:19 AM

I live in blond moments. The color is whatever colors you chose, the fabric does not have to be a sunflower for this month it can be any type or center this is just what the block is called. And we sew them for ourselves and put them together for ourselves. There are I believe 12 patterns and you can chose to make more of anyone or add your own to the batch you have made. If you only make one I think you would end up with a wall hanging . (3 - 12" wide , 4 -12 " down) Adding borders, sashing etc it can in theory be as large as you want it!

Cyndi H 01-04-2010 08:49 AM

I'll be doing this in what I'm laughingly calling the "manly colors" of browns/tans - I'm making a quilt for my husband but it will take a long time to finish it. I'm doing it sampler-style - each block different. I finished 17 12" blocks in 2009 - and will do the BOM ones here in 2010 plus any others I feel like doing - and maybe, just maybe, I'll have a quilt top some day!