Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 JANUARY 2011 BOM Directions & Discussion. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-january-2011-bom-directions-discussion-t86667.html)

pookie ookie 01-01-2011 06:37 PM

Cool block! I'm going randomly scrappy. My stash is too small to coordinate anything.

My firefox printing situation is even worse. I haven't been able to print anything other than pdfs from firefox since Vista came out.

I go the copy into Word route for just about everything. Grr.

Geowyn 01-01-2011 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by meesabell

Originally Posted by Geowyn
How did you fiddle with the sizing. I have tried printing it in Foxfire and IE, also saved it as a jpg and brought it into Paint Shop pro, then tried it in Word and I can't seem to get the test block to equal one inch.
Help anyone???? Thanks so much

Geowyn, in Word rt. mouse click on the jpg,
then select "Format Picture",
select the "Size" tab at top,
under "Scale" change height and width to 100%,
press "Ok".

Thank you so much. I will try it tomorrow when I am not so tired and the brain is working again. lol.
Geowyn

That should do it! If you need more specifics, let me know! :-D

cherylmae 01-01-2011 08:15 PM

you are not alone

sew cornie 01-01-2011 10:22 PM

Thanks Sula for getting us started. This is the perfect block to begin with. I've only done paperpiecing on two blocks before and they were pretty basic. This is a good time to learn!

And thanks to each of you who posted about the size discrepancy. I appreciate the heads up!

SulaBug 01-02-2011 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
Thanks Sula for getting us started. This is the perfect block to begin with. I've only done paperpiecing on two blocks before and they were pretty basic. This is a good time to learn!

And thanks to each of you who posted about the size discrepancy. I appreciate the heads up!

You are most Welcome!! :D I am just thrilled to see that everyone is so excited & are diving right in!! Also I want to thank everyone who has shared their help for sizing the blocks correctly. Are we having FUN yet?
:D :D :D :D

Iluv2quilt 01-02-2011 12:16 AM

Just finally printed out my pping block, it took over an hour to size it perfectly for the one inch test square. I think this should be a very fun block to try, thanks for choosing it!

SulaBug 01-02-2011 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Iluv2quilt
Just finally printed out my pping block, it took over an hour to size it perfectly for the one inch test square. I think this should be a very fun block to try, thanks for choosing it!

Good for you, I can't wiat to see your finished block!!
:D :D :D :D

calicocat 01-02-2011 05:43 AM

did you have problems with the church windows coming out different lengths?

LoriH 01-02-2011 05:55 AM

I never did get the first page to print correctly, I'm going to try all of these tips today and get that done. I've never done paper piecing before, so this is a challenge. I worked on the top two strips last night and got frustrated. I had to put them together just to prove that it would look like the top of a church. Boy was I surprised when it did. Looking forward now to finishing the block.

Up North 01-02-2011 07:48 AM

I can't get it to print out the right size either I have tried about 15 times and the test squares all come out different or it only prints half the pattern.