Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 January 2012 BOM pictures. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-january-2012-bom-pictures-t173961.html)

urgodschild2 01-05-2012 05:22 PM

Here is my very first paper piece square. I hope and pray that we never get another one to do this year. I used my ripper so much that it bonded to my hand. LOL.. This was the hardest thing I have ever tried. I finally just used big pieces of material and it worked fine but what a waste of material. Ok I won't post. I tried 5 times and it won't let me post my picture. sorry.

klgreene 01-05-2012 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by urgodschild2 (Post 4846241)
Here is my very first paper piece square. I hope and pray that we never get another one to do this year. I used my ripper so much that it bonded to my hand. LOL.. This was the hardest thing I have ever tried. I finally just used big pieces of material and it worked fine but what a waste of material. Ok I won't post. I tried 5 times and it won't let me post my picture. sorry.

Did you resize your picture? I have had the worst time posting but I resize them fairly small now and they still show up pretty good size.

lovelyl 01-05-2012 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by JeanieG (Post 4832961)
Mona, I just learned to Paper Piece last year while doing the Star BOM. This is a video I found so helpful, hope it helps you too! Also If you get the Scribble Pads at the Dollar Store, you can cut the pages down to 8 1/2 X 11. This will go through your printer, and it is very easy to tear the paper off when you are done with the block.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv2gKMx9CCM

Thank you so much for the video link. It really helped me see what I was doing wrong!

urgodschild2 01-05-2012 06:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]300757[/ATTACH]

Well I had to take another picture because I couldn't resize the first picture but I could this one. Yeah!!!!

klgreene 01-05-2012 06:59 PM

Oh good, you did a good job, and I love te skates. This is such fun seeing what everyone does!

JeanieG 01-05-2012 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by urgodschild2 (Post 4846506)

Well I had to take another picture because I couldn't resize the first picture but I could this one. Yeah!!!!

You really did a great job urgodschild2! I'm really impressed! My first PP block did not turn nearly as good as this one!

nickylsf 01-05-2012 08:00 PM

Your block is gorgeous! Don't worry, it will get easier and you won't always waste so much fabric. I just learned PP last year and now it is my favorite technique. I eben try to convert other patterns to PP !

cherylmae 01-05-2012 09:49 PM

I like the way you put the colors together in this block. Haven't started on mine yet, will soon tho.

SulaBug 01-05-2012 11:58 PM

OMGoodness!! :D I Love your Snow Blossom block. Even though you may have wasted a lot of fabric, the results sure are worth it. I love your color's & those darling little skates. I promise you that the more you paper piece, the faster it will get & you won't have to waste so much fabric. When I started to pp, I did the same thing, so hang in there & keep creating your beautiful block's. Thank you for sharing with us.
:D :D :D :D

Surfergirl 01-06-2012 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by SulaBug (Post 4829545)
Happy New Year Everyone.

Here is a picture of the Snowblossom's block, that I made for January. I really hope you like it & are anxious to make yours too. Start your machines & lets get started!! :D This year is going to be so fun, I can hardly wait to see more pictures.

SulaBug, as usual, your block is beautiful! I am so looking forward to this BOM...thanks again for all your hard work, patience and dedication.