Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 March 2012 BOM pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-march-2012-bom-pictures-t181146.html)

Deecee 03-04-2012 12:09 PM

Anael and Nicky - thanks to both of you for your replies. I already have FF and love being able to resize in the programme. I was looking for some different patterns and didn't want to spend the $ if this book was too similar to FF.

nickylsf 03-04-2012 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Deecee (Post 5030727)
Anael and Nicky - thanks to both of you for your replies. I already have FF and love being able to resize in the programme. I was looking for some different patterns and didn't want to spend the $ if this book was too similar to FF.

Deecee, you are welcome. The book and FF have exactly the same patterns, no more, no less. :)

SulaBug 03-04-2012 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by PghPat (Post 5029659)
I am enjoying the blocks of the month. I even had my handy guy (oh, he's so handy) make me a rack to hang the blocks every month.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]317160[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]317161[/ATTACH]

First time trying to attach photo since the format change...hope I'm doing it right.

Oh WOW!! :D Your Shamrock block for March is darling. I just love all of the neat fabric's that you chose to put together. They look so bright & cheery, it just makes me smile from ear to ear!! :D Do you plan to show them seperatly, for each month, instead of making a quilt? I thought I noticed that on your other two blocks, but I can see more of your picture with this one. Your handy guy has made you a beautiful stand. Enjoy the rest of the month looking at your beautiful block. Thank you for sharing with all of us here on the Quilting Board.
:D :D :D :D

nickylsf 03-04-2012 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Deecee (Post 5030727)

Deecee, you are welcome. The book and FF have exactly the same patterns, no more, no less. :)

SulaBug 03-04-2012 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Tweety2911 (Post 5030058)
Finished my block this morning. My mom's birthday was on St. Patty's day and this block has lots of special meaning to me!

Look at those Beautiful Batik fabric's!! :D Your Shamrock block is really pretty & a lovely tribute to your Mother's Birthday. In our family we have always celebrated my parents Wedding Anniversary, so I understand how special this block is to you, too.Very nice job making it. Thank you for sharing with all of us today on the Quilting Board.

sandypants 03-04-2012 01:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my version of the March block. I decided on a 4 leaf clover, as I hear they bring good luck and I sure can use that.....[ATTACH=CONFIG]317234[/ATTACH]

SulaBug 03-04-2012 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by sandypants (Post 5030890)
Here is my version of the March block. I decided on a 4 leaf clover, as I hear they bring good luck and I sure can use that.....[ATTACH=CONFIG]317234[/ATTACH]

Here's another great Shamrock block for March!! :D I love how you made your clover a four leaf clover, surrounding it with the smaller three leaf clover's. Very imaginative!! :D Your button, in the center, really adds that special touch to your Shamrock. I see you have bound your block too. Will you be displaying yours seperatly, instead of making a quilt? I am so proud of everyone's blocks, I just love to see everyone's imagination's bloom. Thank you for sharing with all of us today.

sandypants 03-04-2012 04:51 PM

Thanks for nice comments. I am using these blocks as a calendar, instead of putting them in a quilt. That way I can see and enjoy a new one every month. I have never done a BOM before and I am truly enjoying it. Hope to do more.

Andii 03-04-2012 05:02 PM

Sandypants, I love it! I like the button, the embroidery and the creativity. These BOM can be addictive, huh?:)

stichinluvr 03-04-2012 05:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's me block.