Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 March 2012 BOM pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-march-2012-bom-pictures-t181146.html)

MdmSew'n'Sew 03-05-2012 06:57 AM

Wow, everyone has made such wonderful blocks for March, each one is totally different and phenomenal - I can hardly wait until I have time to work on mine. I think it might be just kind of Meh, but who knows, maybe all your creativity here will rub off on me and I'll get a little adventurous. Isn't that what this BOM is for? Thanks, everyone, your designs are so inspiring :thumbup:

Tweety2911 03-05-2012 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 5032397)
I love seeing all the different blocks. I thought about what I´m going to do and here´s what I did. The block is from EQ5. I love the shamrock idea :o

Just love your block, beautifully created and executed! Wonderful:thumbdown:

LindaC 03-05-2012 08:00 AM

I love seeing all the different blocks. I thought about what I´m going to do and here´s what I did. The block is from EQ5. I love the shamrock idea :o

this is a beauty, love the pink bow

rural01 03-05-2012 10:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]317530[/ATTACH]
I have plenty of pot holders at my house because so far I am 2 for 2 in remaking these BOM blocks. For some reason I end up not happy with them so I make new ones. I have a feeling this one will be redone too. I'm not crazy about it. It doesn't move me at all.

Andii 03-05-2012 11:20 AM

rural01, I think it is pretty. I like the little daisy fabric and the different shades of green and the biscuit colored paisley background is beautiful. I know what you mean though about not feeling it; I struggled with my Feb/cat block, I just didn't like it, so I started embroidering on it. Maybe you could add a little something to tickle your fancy.:thumbup:

SulaBug 03-05-2012 01:21 PM

Anael..........It's gorgeous!! :D I love your pattern & the pretty fabric's that you chose to put together. I am just in awe at all of the different & beautiful things that are being put together for this March Shamrock block. It would be way to hard to pick a favorite!! You have done a wonderful job, thank you so much for sharing with all of us today!!
:D :D :D :D

SulaBug 03-05-2012 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by rural01 (Post 5033541)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]317530[/ATTACH]
I have plenty of pot holders at my house because so far I am 2 for 2 in remaking these BOM blocks. For some reason I end up not happy with them so I make new ones. I have a feeling this one will be redone too. I'm not crazy about it. It doesn't move me at all.

Carol..........I think your block is darling. I love the fabric's that you put together & I don't see a thing wrong with it!! :D You know some of the ladies are making more than one block each month, that way they will be able to make more than one quilt at the end of the year. Maybe you could do the same. Just don't give up!! :D I really like it.

lawsonmugs 03-05-2012 01:38 PM

Carol,nice block love the greens being similar

judy363905 03-05-2012 02:38 PM

Pattern

Hi, I did come up with my own pattern...I got the idea from a Maple Leaf Quilt I saw...the big leaf with scattered smaller leaves. Thank you for your kind comments. Looking forward to April BOM --- have ideas floating in my head - hope they go along with the theme... will have to wait and see.

Judy in Phx, AZ

Originally Posted by SulaBug (Post 5032278)
Judy..........what a unique design, for your Shamrock block for March, you have come up with. It is so pretty & I just love it. Did you make your own pattern or did you find it some where? How ever you did it, you have done a great job. I especially love the fabric's you used in putting it together with. So many beautiful blocks being posted. I can hardly wait to look at them each & every day. Keep up the good work!!

urgodschild2 03-05-2012 10:53 PM

Wow I love all of them. You all have given me some great ideas on how to do mine. I like all the different colors of materials that was used. I had to go through the 7 pages to see them all but it was worth it. My niece does not have fast internet and it is very quirky and so we leave it all opened for her use......so I can't get on everyday. When i go to Australia I will be able to check more often. But so far........beautiful, everyone of them.