Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 March 2012 BOM pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-march-2012-bom-pictures-t181146.html)

rural01 03-06-2012 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Andii (Post 5033638)
rural01, I think it is pretty. I like the little daisy fabric and the different shades of green and the biscuit colored paisley background is beautiful. I know what you mean though about not feeling it; I struggled with my Feb/cat block, I just didn't like it, so I started embroidering on it. Maybe you could add a little something to tickle your fancy.:thumbup:

Thanks for the advice Andii. Perhaps if I look at it long enough, I will come up with an idea. Or, perhaps I should check my stash and see if there is another fabric I like better.

rural01 03-06-2012 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by SulaBug (Post 5034000)
Carol..........I think your block is darling. I love the fabric's that you put together & I don't see a thing wrong with it!! :D You know some of the ladies are making more than one block each month, that way they will be able to make more than one quilt at the end of the year. Maybe you could do the same. Just don't give up!! :D I really like it.
:D :D :D :D

Thanks SulaBug...You are so sweet and so encouraging. Oh, I will never give up--too stubborn. Making a couple of quilts at the same time sounds like an interesting idea.

rural01 03-06-2012 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs (Post 5034031)
Carol,nice block love the greens being similar

Thanks Mary, but I am not sure this will end up being THE one in the end.

AddieLou 03-06-2012 05:02 PM

My 3 March Blocks

3 Attachment(s)
I'm not too pleased with the arrangement of the blocks in the multi green one with the white background. The more I look at it the more I think I'll have a re-do on that one. I am trying to find a pleasing green to border the polka dot shamrock. The black block makes me happy! No to finish up February.

sandypants 03-06-2012 05:24 PM

Audi, Yes, I'm hooked. Thanks for the comment. That Button has been in my old button box for years and I finally found a place for it...

vintagemotif 03-06-2012 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by AddieLou (Post 5037338)
I'm not too pleased with the arrangement of the blocks in the multi green one with the white background. The more I look at it the more I think I'll have a re-do on that one. I am trying to find a pleasing green to border the polka dot shamrock. The black block makes me happy! No to finish up February.

I love them ALL! Leave that one you don't like for now, it may grow on you.

lawsonmugs 03-06-2012 06:33 PM

Wow they are all so pretty. I need to get mine done too.

SulaBug 03-07-2012 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by AddieLou (Post 5037338)

Addie Lou.........All three of your Shamrock blocks for March, are just to cute for words!! :D If I were you, I wouldn't change the arrangement of the mulit colored green block. Wait & see how it blends with the rest of your blocks that will go with that quilt. You might just surprise yourself!! :D You always do such lovely work. Thank you for sharing with all of us!! I am anxious to see your finished February blocks too!!
:D :D :D :D

Anael 03-07-2012 01:59 AM

AddieLou, I like all three of them! As Sula said, I won't change anything and see how it works.

MdmSew'n'Sew 03-07-2012 02:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my March BOM - quite a stretch, since I don't have a lot of greens in my stash, had to go out and buy a bunch of FQs, at least I was able to pull a few from my stash of Batiks. It certainly won't put me to sleep! :D
[ATTACH=CONFIG]317931[/ATTACH]