Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   17th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Sept. 9, 2017 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/17th-mystery-quilt-train-ride-sept-9-2017-a-t291068.html)

AnngelAnne 09-13-2017 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Bluebonnets (Post 7904458)
Opinions, please!!! Which way should I go?

Group A (three times the size of the runner)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]580377[/ATTACH]

Orrrr....

Group B (four times the size of the runner)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]580378[/ATTACH]
Thanks!!

I haven't read all the rest of the responses yet, trying to play catch up, but I would say you should do two of them, how could you choose with that combination. Love them both.

Just Jan 09-13-2017 07:04 AM

BLUEBONNETS, I like them both, but love the pink and yellow set- which is surprising because I really don't like pink very much. But that combo is gorgeous. If you plan to make a quilt I'd say make it with the pink and yellow set and make a table or bed runner with the cats.

Just Jan 09-13-2017 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by dhanke (Post 7905229)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]580441[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]580440[/ATTACH] Solid black background or off white TOT? Also, will the directional print work for the focus fabric?

I was thinking of medium gray, like in the monster faces, for your background, but I do like the black a lot. And would that fabric need to be directional? I'd turn it in different directions as I cut the pieces so they are facing all different ways and it would not look directional. But your stuff is always beautiful so go with your gut. Just my thoughts. :p Janet

angelmama22 09-13-2017 07:33 AM

I'm jumping on the caboose, but haven't sorted through my stash yet. So glad this mystery is a table runner because I have so many other projects going on at the moment. I dropped off a cherry crunch/cobbler with whipped cream in the club car. Have at it!

missgigglewings 09-13-2017 07:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]580460[/ATTACH]Just Jan..I think you are right about both prints, so I'm going in a different direction. Thank you for your input!
here is my second choice

Just Jan 09-13-2017 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings (Post 7905420)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]580460[/ATTACH]Just Jan..I think you are right about both prints, so I'm going in a different direction. Thank you for your input!
here is my second choice

I think the coffee grinder print is probably still too large. Lay a ruler on it when you take a picture so we can see how big it actually is. Do you have a smaller print, maybe a floral or plaid, with blue and brown in it? Maybe the coffee grinder print could be the back?

Bluebonnets 09-13-2017 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Just Jan (Post 7905404)
BLUEBONNETS, I like them both, but love the pink and yellow set- which is surprising because I really don't like pink very much. But that combo is gorgeous. If you plan to make a quilt I'd say make it with the pink and yellow set and make a table or bed runner with the cats.

Aww, thanks, JustJan. I have a DGD whose favorite colors are pink and yellow. I was thinking of a twin size for her. She has a birthday in a few months.

So glad you came through the storm okay. 😃

Bluebonnets 09-13-2017 08:07 AM

I love those coffee beans missgigglewings.

missgigglewings 09-13-2017 08:10 AM

Thanks again Jan..but I am going to use that combo somewhere else. I found another set...so hang on a sec. I am so appreciative of your help, I seem to have lost my "choose something" gene!

picture coming

Just Jan 09-13-2017 08:14 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Bluebonnets (Post 7905437)
Aww, thanks, JustJan. I have a DGD whose favorite colors are pink and yellow. I was thinking of a twin size for her. She has a birthday in a few months.

So glad you came through the storm okay. 

Thanks. I have been debating about mine, too. Here is the first set I posted and now I have another set in mind. I'm thinking of making two runners. For the second set I'm thinking the blue across the bottom would perhaps make a good border. Have no idea about borders for the first set until I see what it looks like! In the second set A,B &D gave glitter. The tan is batik for the background and the aqua border would be batik also. Anyway, here are my pix...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]580462[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]580463[/ATTACH]