Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   17th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Sept. 9, 2017 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/17th-mystery-quilt-train-ride-sept-9-2017-a-t291068.html)

missgigglewings 09-13-2017 08:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]580464[/ATTACH]

Ok Jan..do your thing and choose for me! I will be ever so grateful!

lawsonmugs 09-13-2017 08:17 AM

dhanke your Halloween choices are so cute. I think the black makes it look spookier. or something. Missgigglewings I sure love your coffee fabrics and colors. Hope your prints aren't to big cause I love the combo.

lawsonmugs 09-13-2017 08:20 AM

Jan your aqua's choice is so pretty.

paintmejudy 09-13-2017 08:27 AM

Missgiggle your colors are pretty. I think that if you use the print for A it will work, because A has some larger pieces and the print won't get too cut up. Go for this last selection. I would use the lower left for the C background color.

To All -- there seems to be a bit of confusion with the number of fabrics you are using, more than I usually use. However, pick your A B C to work with first. The rest will fall into place as we go along.

paintmejudy 09-13-2017 08:31 AM

dhanke How big are the faces on your print?

missgigglewings 09-13-2017 08:37 AM

Thanks, Judy...done! I eliminate the solid brown, red and orange fabrics...right? Or save until later,
That means my A is the print, B is the blue and C is the tan..correct? I like it!

Just Jan 09-13-2017 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings (Post 7905444)

Will you please lay a ruler on the floral fabric so I can see how big the flowers are?

Bluebonnets 09-13-2017 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by AnngelAnne (Post 7905392)
I haven't read all the rest of the responses yet, trying to play catch up, but I would say you should do two of them, how could you choose with that combination. Love them both.

Thanks AnngelAnne!

missgigglewings 09-13-2017 08:57 AM

Thanks, Jan, but Judy said this print would make a good A fabric since it won't be cut up really small.
I'm going to use the tan as C and the blue as B...I like these together..what do you think?

Just Jan 09-13-2017 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings (Post 7905444)

OK, Judy says the floral will work for A. I love the gold for B and the tan for C. I like the dark brown too. In my mind the only one that really doesn't match is the blue. But now I just saw your post and you say the blue works and you know best since you have the actual fabrics there.
So choose A=floral, B=yellow or brown or blue, C=tan (background.)
Keep the others in reserve until you need to decide later.
I just like how the gold pops. But its your quilt and your choice!) Please post a picture of them in the order you choose. Hope this helps.