Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   17th Mystery Quilt Train Ride Sept. 9, 2017 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/17th-mystery-quilt-train-ride-sept-9-2017-a-t291068.html)

missgigglewings 09-13-2017 09:18 AM

It does help..and I will post a picture of the final selection together...a group photo! lol

missgigglewings 09-13-2017 09:33 AM

2 Attachment(s)
OK..here you go, for final approval from the experts! I am including one with the blue...maybe for[ATTACH=CONFIG]580465[/ATTACH]
the D fabric, as in Dramatic impact?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]580466[/ATTACH]

Just Jan 09-13-2017 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings (Post 7905478)
OK..here you go, for final approval from the experts! I am including one with the blue...maybe for[ATTACH=CONFIG]580465[/ATTACH]
the D fabric, as in Dramatic impact?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]580466[/ATTACH]

I like it! When you get farther maybe the brown or blue would do for D and the other one for border. As Judy said, get the first three going and then decide where to go from there. I just recall her saying that D uses just a small amount but makes a dramatic impact on the quilt. Guess that why when you said blue is dramatic it made me think of what she said about D. And I love that chocolate brown in the mix! And keep the red out too, because you might want to use it for a back.

klaws 09-13-2017 09:50 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Okay ladies. Here are my selections. Let me know what you think and in what order. I kind of like the second selection the best.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]580469[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]580470[/ATTACH]

AnngelAnne 09-13-2017 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Just Jan (Post 7905443)
Thanks. I have been debating about mine, too. Here is the first set I posted and now I have another set in mind. I'm thinking of making two runners. For the second set I'm thinking the blue across the bottom would perhaps make a good border. Have no idea about borders for the first set until I see what it looks like! In the second set A,B &D gave glitter. The tan is batik for the background and the aqua border would be batik also. Anyway, here are my pix...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]580462[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]580463[/ATTACH]

Oh man, another one, you need to do two, love them both.

lawsonmugs 09-13-2017 11:03 AM

Miss G. I love the final pick and maybe use the red or burgundy (looks like burgundy on my comp) for a binding or border. Karen I love that holly print in the first picture. Both choices are great to me.

missgigglewings 09-13-2017 11:11 AM

OK...when do we get to play?

Just Jan 09-13-2017 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by klaws (Post 7905491)
Okay ladies. Here are my selections. Let me know what you think and in what order. I kind of like the second selection the best.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]580469[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]580470[/ATTACH]

Oh goodie, I get to critique again, or should I just say I get to run off my mouth again?!:o I like the first set all but the white. It would be better with tan or light gold, one of the lighter colors in the print, for C background. The black with Holly would be A , the green would be B, the tan or gold or a batik with both tan/gold would be C for background, and some type of lighter or more peachy red for D. Unless that red you have is just showing wrong in the picture. Anyway, that is my first choice of sets. If the red is a closer match than it shows here, then it could be either B or D and the green could take the other place. I love that black with Holly! I just can't stop looking at it. Is it still out there for sale? Any info on the selvage? I'm drooling over that one!

The second set is really pretty, too. Judy says A shows the largest amount so maybe the Santas would be A? I don't know which I'd choose for background. Probably need to ask for Judy's help on this set.

paintmejudy 09-13-2017 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings (Post 7905455)
Thanks, Judy...done! I eliminate the solid brown, red and orange fabrics...right? Or save until later,
That means my A is the print, B is the blue and C is the tan..correct? I like it!

Yes, I think this will be a good choice for ABC. Don't discard the other yet, you may like them when it comes to what you need later. I like your blue.

paintmejudy 09-13-2017 12:40 PM

Klaws -- Karen - I love that black holly print, it is gorgeous. Yes, it could work for A as Jan said, but will be really pronounced in the runner with the lighter colors, so make sure that is what you want to stand out the most and holler "Merry Christmas"

Me? I might go for the holly for D, and for the border, with sashing to be chosen when you get to that point. But what do I know? :D