Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/2012-2013-dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-party-pictures-discussion-t175669.html)

QuiltnNan 06-16-2012 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by katybob (Post 5293333)
Gus, your blocks are terrific! Hard to pick a favorite, but I love the fabric in D4 and 13! Here's a little more eye candy I ran into on the Dear Jane mailing list. Anyone can join the list by going to dearjane.com. Oh, to be able to applique like Gus and this lady! http://www.flickr.com/photos/pacolanne/

thanks for the link. i love the J6, pink with delicate flowers.

GV09 06-16-2012 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr (Post 5292940)
And finally here are C10, C7, and D13: [not sure I said this in the right order and keeping my fingers crossed the pics stay!]
once again - I explained the construction yesterday - post #1234

Hello, Gus!
Their blocks are beautiful!
I hope that the roles will be resolved soon so that you can operate and not feel more pain and recovery is fast!
A big hug!

GV09 06-16-2012 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by katybob (Post 5293333)
Gus, your blocks are terrific! Hard to pick a favorite, but I love the fabric in D4 and 13! Here's a little more eye candy I ran into on the Dear Jane mailing list. Anyone can join the list by going to dearjane.com. Oh, to be able to applique like Gus and this lady! http://www.flickr.com/photos/pacolanne/

Thank's for the link! I love all pictures!
A hug!

meanmom 06-16-2012 12:23 PM

WOW Gus you blocks are awesome. I only hope after a little more experience mine look like that. I have G11, A6,G6,C9,I9,K9,TR5 finished. I have something messed up in my iPhoto I think. I was going to get my SIL to help me tomorrow but he has a job interview on Monday that he is freaking out about. He is an art teacher looking for a new job. Not a good time for that in Ohio. All of the schools here are cutting jobs. Block G6 was the first block I did and it was the hardest. It is a little wonky but it is what it is. I look forward to seeing all the blocks. Each one is a new adventure.

Cre8tvlwyr 06-16-2012 04:36 PM

meanmom - I will keep him in my thoughts!! trying to remember what G6 looks like - you are on a different schedule :)

on to fun..wow!! thanks for the link katybob

Nancy - I posted exactly the same way today as yesterday - in fact yesterday I had something at the lower left of my screen indicating quiltingboard was being contacted and something was being saved, today there was nothing. What was also really strange was that it looked the same both times I posted pics - looked as if it went through even after I checked a PM and went back to it!

have a great day tomorrow - dont know if I will make it back here before Monday
Gus

xsquilter 06-16-2012 05:33 PM

Oh my word! The blocks are looking fabulous! Now I need to get off my duff, or rather onto my duff, & get more of mine done. Like a lot of others, this time of year sure gives us a lot of outside "stuff" to do!
Maureen

Fraew 06-16-2012 05:35 PM

Slow progress, but still making progress!

4 Attachment(s)
2 more redos:
B11 - Drafted to look more like the original block. I used every technique on this one - paper pieced center, english paper pieced white bands and brown arcs then appliqued...yes I have lost my mind.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]342581[/ATTACH]

B12 - I really didn't like my 1st wonky star flower so I set out to redo it. I looked at the original block for a bit...lines and fabric patterns. The more I looked, the more it seemed that the dark fabric was in 4 pieces and appliqued on top of the lighter fabric. So I started drafting and came up with a new template. I cut it into 4 sections, basted my pink fabric to each one, then sewed them together. Then...I appliqued it on top of the white fabric. I did it. I got rid of my wonky!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]342583[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]342584[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]342586[/ATTACH]

How many blocks am I doing each week? Let's just say that I am taking really good notes with the hope that one of me great, great, great grandchildren will pick this up and finish it. 3 blocks a week is doable...if my DJ BFF would stop dragging me into the fabulous swaps. :)

meanmom 06-16-2012 07:31 PM

I am working with a group at the LQS. They are planning on doing 2 blocks a month. I think that makes it a 10 or 12 year project. I figured they would keep me moving. I plan on just picking up on your guys schedule and trying to keep up. If I have any spare time I was going to go back to the beginning and try to do those. While looking up this thread I came across a thread that gave instructions for a few blocks so I followed them. They were all paper pieced and I was in a paper piecing mood. Block G6 was pretty wicked. I had 4 blocks to do for my other group. No on to my blocks for this week here.
Pat

CindyA 06-17-2012 04:27 AM

@Gus, AMAZING tris!! Your points are so crisp.
@Fraew, your B12 - very clever. Loved how it turned out.
@Meanmom - good luck to your BIL. Fortunately where I teach we've not had to cut teacher jobs, can handle it through attrition.

I'm falling further behind, hope to be working on DJ again in one week. The great pics posted here keep me motivated to hurry back. :thumbup:

dknit 06-17-2012 10:32 AM

Thanks for the welcome! I did print the schedule. No way I can catch up at this point :( Oh well, maybe it will keep me somewhat on track of finishing! It's motivating reading posts and seeing all the pictures of the blocks everyone has completed.