Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/2012-2013-dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-party-pictures-discussion-t175669.html)

Cre8tvlwyr 09-09-2012 11:08 AM

Ok...thanks ladies - and all those blocks are amazing - Gladys, Cindy, katybob... :)
Now how is it that you say you are 41 blocks behind and you did TR6?? did I miss something?
Yes, Cindy - picking out what kind & size of sashing is a real eeeeeeeeeeek! It will effect everything :( I like the 'storm at sea' of Bonnie Hunter - but it would make the sashing sections 2" wider. This would make a nice size quilt for a bed - however - Bonnie didn't have the tris & I love them - & I've done 1 already [1/4th of the way!] I agree that the easiest way to adjust - or best - would be to make the tris larger, because that much extra sashing between tris might not look too hot. Maybe I should redo those 13 and use that wonderful jacket idea by putting the ones I have across the bottom of a jacket??? o - that would mean no more tris til I get this determined....
Gus
just finished F4 and F6 will post later today - maybe I can add more

Cre8tvlwyr 09-09-2012 11:15 AM

Cindy - that tri is RS6 - one I thought to be lots harder and not on the schedule I made til next Aug 18, 2013...
guess that means you are WAAAAAYYY ahead :)
Gus

DottyD 09-09-2012 11:27 AM

Lovely blocks girls - very nice to see them all - also nice to see you here again Gus !
DottyD.

CindyA 09-10-2012 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr (Post 5502275)
Cindy - that tri is RS6 - one I thought to be lots harder and not on the schedule I made til next Aug 18, 2013...
guess that means you are WAAAAAYYY ahead :)
Gus

Argghhhh! I read the 'code' wrong. TR-6 means top #6. I was reading it as Triangle Right #6. I would rather have done the other triangle - looks easier! I'm behind because I did not do many blocks from weeks April 22 - Aug 26th. I didn't try to catch up, I just jumped in where we're supposed to be.

I hadn't thought about your suggestion for making the sashings 2" wider. I'll have to think about that before I commit. What are the rest of you doing about sashing? I'm doing 5" unfinished blocks.

katybob 09-10-2012 05:33 AM

I'm making 1" unfinished sashing with the background fabric. White for the pastel DJ and cream or unbleached muslin for the CW one. I found a small flowered print on white for the backing on the pastel one and a cream with a small print for the CW. I'd planned to make both backings with the background fabric, but ran across good sales on the prints. I'll decide at the end whether I'll use background fabric or a variety of fabric for the "between" triangles, depending on what I have left by then.

TymeToShine 09-10-2012 10:57 AM

Gladys...you do such beautiful work on your blocks!

TymeToShine 09-10-2012 11:00 AM

Gus, all I can say is "Wow!" Glad you were able to get all your blocks posted and they look great love the material you chose for G 13 and your appkiqued hearts look very nice.

TymeToShine 09-10-2012 11:19 AM

[QUOTE=CindyA;5501453]Beautiful blocks, Gladys and Gus.

. What I couldn't get quite right I pressed into submission!

hee hee Cindy...love that comment.

TymeToShine 09-10-2012 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan (Post 5499164)
. i'm getting ready to jump back in, though. i've just got the sewing area somewhat set up in my new home and have to finish a birthday present first. then i'll be back.

Looking forward to seeing you get back to the DJ. Please share pics of your new sewing area when you get a chance.

TymeToShine 09-10-2012 07:09 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Week 30 (okay...I skipped several weeks....will try to catch up later...:o )

TR-6 was made from some fabric I got in Paducah on our vacation. F-13 has the circles and melons made from some fabric I got from a quilting store I enjoy going to when I visit my Dad in Grand Marais, Minnesota. They always have wonderful fabrics!
F-10 was done using EPP. It worked great...except...I did not realize the diamonds were not all equal sizeson the side until I got ready to sew it together...had to do some frog stitching and correct my mistake before proceeding.