Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/2012-2013-dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-party-pictures-discussion-t175669.html)

katybob 10-07-2012 10:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's Week 39 -- a good week for me. Lots of paperpiecing, which I really like, and appliques that aren't so frustratingly small. I go back to F-9 every now and then and still haven't done a decent enough job on those teeny tiny melons to call it done.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]368182[/ATTACH]

JudyTheSewer 10-07-2012 10:25 AM

Wonderful blocks katybob. I love those fabrics and the precision of your piecing is great!

gailkv 10-08-2012 03:08 AM

Hi, I've just ordered the DJ cd and am waiting for it to arrive. I have the book and have made three blocks. I've also started a small DJ group and we meet once a month. I would love to join this forum. How do Ido this please?

Anael 10-08-2012 09:16 PM

You already did join us gailkv, welcome to the group :D Just post pictures of the blocks you've done, we love to see them!

Katybob, your blocks are wonderful!

gailkv 10-09-2012 03:55 AM

Thanks Anael. Silly me. I'll post some photos tomorrow.

DottyD 10-09-2012 04:01 AM

Hi gailkv,
Welcome to this great thread - it is truely a great place to be !
So much info and help here!
DottyD

gailkv 10-09-2012 11:37 AM

Thanks Dotty, I'm looking forward to my software arriving so I can really get started.

Originally Posted by DottyD (Post 5572542)
Hi gailkv,
Welcome to this great thread - it is truely a great place to be !
So much info and help here!
DottyD

Cre8tvlwyr 10-09-2012 02:28 PM

Welcome gailkv!!
We love to see new Janiacs - you are always welcome:thumbup: If you go to the very first post you will find our schedule. I made it 'beginner heavy' for the first few weeks, although I have trickled in more difficult ones. I also tried to go row-by-row although the blocks within the row may not be in order because when I asked some of the members who started their DJ with the 2010 group they indicated some dropped off because the blocks were too scattered. It seems to be working. The DJ software has a list of beginner, intermediate, and advanced blocks/triangles. I made the beginners green and advanced red on the schedule, so if you want to get a few more done initially, you can certainly start with the green ones! Just let us know if you need any tips. [re=reading what I wrote...dk if it even makes sense? I think I b tired :(
When I get more coherent I will type in the list of posts that have tips on them again gailkv

my Bernina 440 is acting badly once again....ahem .... every time I quilt with it. I feel like driving it to Bernina [because you certainly can't speak to anyone there on the phone] and throwing it through their front window.
oh well...
have a great sewing day. I may get back to it although I'm leaving town for a few days. Still 4 triangles behind - actually 2 blocks and 5 triangles this week :)
Gus

gailkv 10-09-2012 08:22 PM

My DJ software arriVed today. It took six days from the States to New Zealand. Thought that was very quick. Now I have to figure out how to use it.

Fraew 10-09-2012 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by gailkv (Post 5574814)
My DJ software arriVed today. It took six days from the States to New Zealand. Thought that was very quick. Now I have to figure out how to use it.

How exciting! Welcome aboard. :)