Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/2012-2013-dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-party-pictures-discussion-t175669.html)

Anael 10-10-2012 09:24 AM

That sure is quick! Install the software on your computer and off you go :D Just ask when you're having problems.

gailkv 10-10-2012 06:15 PM

Well I can manage to print off the patterns in my software but the other functions are going to take a while to work out. So far I'm loving it.

GV09 10-11-2012 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by JudyTheSewer (Post 5567083)
Gladys – as always, your blocks are just beautiful! I have one in my group this time that I might want to re-do too. I too will wait to see how it looks once it is in with all of the other blocks.
Here are three weeks of blocks. I have a lot of catching up to do. Holy Cow these are tough! You all set a high bar for me to try to reach!!!! It seemed like for each seam I sewed I was ripping out the next one to re-do. Tough, tough, tough. Fun though!.

Thank's, JudyTheSewer! I hope too.
I love your blocks but your triangles are so so beautiful!
Congrats!
A big hug!

GV09 10-11-2012 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by katybob (Post 5568667)
Here's Week 39 -- a good week for me. Lots of paperpiecing, which I really like, and appliques that aren't so frustratingly small. I go back to F-9 every now and then and still haven't done a decent enough job on those teeny tiny melons to call it done.

Hi Katybob!
Love blocks, triangles and fabrics! Congrats!
A big hug!

GV09 10-11-2012 10:51 AM

Hi, gailkv! Welcome! This is a great group and very beautiful persons!
A hug!

GV09 10-11-2012 10:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone!
I hope that all are very good health and happy!
Not I participate much this week because I was... playing! Hahahaha!
It is that we buy a new dressoir for our home.
In my EQ7 designed a way to protect the lacquered wood and was a week stitching it.
Today I have class so I am about to leave, but I posted a separate thread asking for help and advice to make the quilting on it.
Show them a picture and I give you a big hug!

JudyTheSewer 10-11-2012 04:45 PM

Hi gailkv. Welcome. I am very behind doing my blocks. I am on week 10. I look forward to seeing your blocks!
Thanks Gladys! I love that runner you made. Playing is good!

JudyTheSewer 10-11-2012 04:49 PM

Question for those that do EPP. Block B-9 has so many Y seams that I decided to do EPP. I love the precision that happened. I used silk thread to piece it (which is what I use when appliqueing). What thread do you use? If you use cotton, would you be concerned that the silk would deteriorate faster than the cotton? Thanks in advance for your advice. :-)

CindyA 10-11-2012 08:47 PM

It's been a busy couple of weeks and I've missed stopping in here. Finally able to look in tonight and, as always, I'm loving all the blocks! Thanks for the nice treat, ladies. :thumbup: I just returned from a short trip, but at least this time I had time to prepare and take some applique blocks with me. I should be able to trim them and post pics this weekend.

TymeToShine 10-12-2012 04:09 PM

Judy, WOW! You sure have been busy! All the bloocks look fantastic. I really like your B-11. It looks more like pink and blue on my screen rather than orange.

On the EPP, I have used both the silk and a cotton thread. I am eager to hear the answer to your question from those who have been doing EPP longer than I.

Gail k v WELCOME to the group. Glad to have more joining in the fun.

Katy Bob. Beautiful blocks and I continue to be amazed at how you are keeping up with the schedule and doing 2 at once to boot!