Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/2012-2013-dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-party-pictures-discussion-t175669.html)

mim 01-27-2012 11:45 AM

I kept my old tower HP -- It is windows XP and integrates with an older printer at the cottage. It scans my travel pix from the 90s and early 2000s. I have thousands to sort over and I will never get back to most of the places I've gone to. I have some very expensive photography programs on it and can't afford to get the updated versions. So I manipulate the pix on it and then put them on disc to transfer to the new laptop.

Sort of like the older fridges -- they weren't elegant but they never died either.

Mim

I corrected A1 but I'm not satisfied -- some of the points don't exactly match. Easier to do it over than to be irritated when I glance at it. It will be in an obvious spot and I intend to use my DJ on the bed here in Olympia.

TymeToShine 01-27-2012 12:07 PM

Is there a pattern to be able to make A-1 the way Jane made it?

mim 01-27-2012 12:13 PM

If you print out the PP pattern and then turn it over on a window you can trace the lines and then it will be the way it looks in Janes quilt. I may do that for my second try at it. I found it confusing if I looked at the pix.

Mim[
QUOTE=TymeToShine;4916490]Is there a pattern to be able to make A-1 the way Jane made it?[/QUOTE]

brookemarie19 01-27-2012 12:18 PM

GV09, I really like your blocks. Its so surprising seeing how adding one more color makes the block pop so much more! Great job!

Brandy 01-27-2012 12:54 PM

For A1 go to options for pp piecing and check mirror. Preview to make sure your block size did not change.

pjnesler 01-27-2012 01:15 PM

Pam,s Jane Blocks

3 Attachment(s)
I'm a bit behind, but will post what I did this week, what slowed me up was thinking I'd do a "Trip around the world Jane", after coloring everything and digging through the stash, it's just going to be scrappy - so many misc. fabrics in my stash I just want to use up on Jane and a Spiderweb.
The fabrics are a bit brighter in life than what's showing up on the .jpg's.
The idea of the fabric swatches on the design wall is great, and seeing the Jane image that was already getting sashing and rows sewn together is very helpful to keep me going on this project....

QuiltnNan 01-27-2012 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by brookemarie19 (Post 4916540)
GV09, I really like your blocks. Its so surprising seeing how adding one more color makes the block pop so much more! Great job!

I agree. That's what's great about sharing the pics... you can see if you like it [an idea] without cutting and sewing it yourself :)

spartan quilter 01-27-2012 06:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)

I am going to post my week 3 blocks tonight, because I am really busy next week, so here they are. These are blocks A1, A5, and B1. Sure have been loving all the blocks that are posted. Great job, everyone. I do get a little wonky on the blocks, but I am learning. LOL

[ATTACH=CONFIG]306773[/ATTACH]

GV09 01-27-2012 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by brookemarie19 (Post 4916540)

Hi, Brookemarie19! Thank you very much! It's not mymerit.I'm followingthe pattern ofsimilar colorsSandpatDJChocolate, because Ifell in love withyourquiltand asked permissionto have a"cousinArgentine"like that!Hahaha!A hug!

GV09 01-27-2012 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan (Post 4916737)
I agree. That's what's great about sharing the pics... you can see if you like it [an idea] without cutting and sewing it yourself :)

Thank's, Nancy!
I agree with that! Ilove with thequiltSandpat...and here I am...sewing!Hahaha!
A big hug!