Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/2012-2013-dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-party-pictures-discussion-t175669.html)

GV09 06-23-2013 12:48 PM

Ahhhh ... sorry, CindyA! I should have read this first! I gather that it is your sewing machine!The new block looks perfect! I like the colors!
I use a machine Elna Q6600 and a Philips Eco Care sheet with a lot of power (2400 W) and steam.
A hug!

GV09 06-23-2013 12:49 PM

I like so mucho, Anael! I love the fabric!
A hug!

katybob 06-23-2013 02:30 PM

Cindy, someone on this board recommended this iron several months ago and I love it: http://www.always-free-shipping.com/...-dry-iron.html

No steam and no auto shut-off. I still use my Sunbeam steam iron if I'm forced to iron a blouse, but I very seldom need steam when I'm pressing quilt pieces.

I sew on a Bernina 820. I've almost always sewn on Berninas and although this one is probably more machine than I need, I just couldn't resist that 12" harp space! My backup machine is an Elna 7200. It's the first Elna I've owned and I've enjoyed it.

Mim, I'm almost as hooked on bridge as I am on quilting!

CindyA 06-24-2013 09:07 AM

Thanks, Katybob. I like the looks of that iron. I think I'll order it.

carrot 06-27-2013 09:14 AM

Hello Janiacs !!! I am new to this thread. Just wondering ....since there are 244 pages to this thread:cool:-- have you talked about how to finish your top? And about what page that might be on ?? My blocks are done and I am ready to start on the sashing.:thumbup:

CindyA 06-27-2013 05:48 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Yes, Mim, PLEASE post a picture of your feathered star. Would love to see it!!

LS-7
[ATTACH=CONFIG]421469[/ATTACH]

LS-8
[ATTACH=CONFIG]421472[/ATTACH]

L-9 Walter's Place
[ATTACH=CONFIG]421473[/ATTACH]

Gladys, here is my Singer Featherweight. I think it was manufactured in mid-1950s. I love it because it's not computerized :), it's small and lightweight. I sew on my dining room table and it's easy to lift it and pack it up in it's case when I need the table for company. It only sews forward and reverse, no zig-zag, no fancy stitches. Many years ago my previous dog, Max, ran by the table and caught the cord on her tail. With horror, I watched as the Featherweight went flying through the air and crashed onto the ground. It broke off the little piece that winds the bobbin, but other than that has worked great even after the crash!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]421474[/ATTACH]

CindyA 06-28-2013 04:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Another lopsided one, still deciding if I'll fix it or maybe just re-do it. Hmm . . .
[ATTACH=CONFIG]421502[/ATTACH]
TR-10. Two more tris and I'm halfway done with them. I'm a little over halfway finished with the interior blocks.

OK, seeing this picture large like this - I'm about to start rolling on the floor laughing. Not one part of this thing is square or lined up. Everyone needs a good laugh and I just gave myself one for the day. :D

GV09 06-28-2013 09:16 AM

Gladys, here is my Singer Featherweight. I think it was manufactured in mid-1950s. I love it because it's not computerized :), it's small and lightweight. I sew on my dining room table and it's easy to lift it and pack it up in it's case when I need the table for company. It only sews forward and reverse, no zig-zag, no fancy stitches. Many years ago my previous dog, Max, ran by the table and caught the cord on her tail. With horror, I watched as the Featherweight went flying through the air and crashed onto the ground. It broke off the little piece that winds the bobbin, but other than that has worked great even after the crash!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]421474[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

Hello, CindyA! She is so beautiful! I love it! In my country those never came, even not almost get the black common (15-91) today. And those who sell them put a price of "antiquity" that is unattainable! Some are more expensive than a new computer, sewing machine which seems silly to me!I'd like to have a Yes to sew straight every day! It's beautiful! Thank you very much for sharing the picture with me!
And I loved TR-10! Sometimes a smile helps us improve our day and share it has improved mine also!
A big hug!

conniemaried 06-29-2013 09:33 AM

Hi, everyone. Are you accepting new members for this thread at this time? I have just started a DJ BOM club and feel a little lost. But first of all, I have a problem that needs to be solved. I bought the DJ software and it works fine except for the printing. I can't get it to print anything. The print screens don't even come up. Can any of you help with this problem, or will I have to call EQ? Thanks, conniemaried

katybob 06-29-2013 12:52 PM

Hi, Conniemarie! Welcome to the thread! Which BOM did you join? Probably an obvious question, but did you select the block you wanted to print before you clicked on the print icon in the DJ program? Then did you choose whether you wanted to print the whole block outline or the foundation (paperpiece) pattern or one of the other options? Check out Chapter 11 of the DJ user manual that came with the software.