Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/2012-2013-dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-party-pictures-discussion-t175669.html)

SheriR 11-03-2013 05:36 PM

Oh pretty blocks!! I'm here too I've read every post for three months. I also have a batik DJ BOM from Fabric Fanstics I've been receiving since May! They skipped September!! I'll get on track again. I'm still sewing grandma quilts for my sweet MotherInLaw. But I need something happy. Could Jane be it??

Gladys....I love your fabrics. You have every color made in the line it seems. I think I'll look for it!!

katybob 11-03-2013 06:50 PM

Judy, your applique is beautiful -- such perfect points! And I love your fabric choices.

carriem 12-01-2013 08:28 PM

Does anyone know if a new thread will be starting for 2014? I plan to start this in January and I know a few others who want to too. :)

Anael 12-02-2013 12:24 AM

If nobody starts a new thread there won't be one :) We could ask Patrice if it's allowed to start a new thread, otherwise we can go on here.
Is there a game plan? Or do we go row by row?

NDQuilts 12-03-2013 05:43 AM

I would like a new thread with a link back to this one. The schedule on post one is great and Ill probably follow that. I have a bunch of blocks in a box, but pushed this aside when life (each new baby) got in the way. I started about 6 years ago, so it's about time that I finish the journey. I'm still in love with my fabric choices, so that's a good thing going for Jane. I'll have to dig out the project box so I can start after Christmas. Maybe the third time's the charm?

sewNso 12-03-2013 06:10 AM

I'm still here. looking in sometimes. everyone's blocks are beautiful. sorry can't find my camera to show you where my stuck jane is. like the rest of you, I have taken time off, but keep plugging along on her. she is still in the hand quilting frame, in my dining room. I canned a lot this past summer. did not even touch a needle of any kind for like 4 months. but hard at work again. on jane2, and on my FWQ. just 10 more blocks, and I'm done with her. up until thanksgiving I was trying to quilt 2 blocks a day, anyway on jane2. lost my way again. making cranberry juice, etc. as soon as I find my lost camera from thanksgiving company, I might show some pic's.

Cre8tvlwyr 12-03-2013 03:01 PM

Anael, ND, & SewNso... [and all!]
I think unfortunately everyone started to fizzle out and I do feel somewhat responsible for it as I started this thread - but life happens to us all!! Most who have finished Jane didn't do so with the first thread.... and then there are those 'over-achievers' with more than one going at a time!! I have re-discovered [along with the household cleaning which suffered much over the last many weeks/months/ years?? ] many many far too many UFOs that I am trying very hard to complete. I would in fact LOVE to buy some fabric but am feeling far to guilty :(

I did get 3 [OMG] philanthropy quilts finished, quilted, and ready for Interface Child and Family Services - YAY!! Had them long time... but now for Jane ideas...

Here is my suggestion - The 'attack plan' I made up on the first post seemed to be working for most. I had started, but not completed, a list of post numbers that had tutorials for various techniques and specific blocks for Jane. When I get that list completed by the end of the year it may be a good idea to start a new thread and include in the first post the schedule and the list that refers to post #s on this thread. At this point I have 8 squares, two corner kites, and 11 triangles remaining before I can piece my top together and call that part of my Jane journey done. As much as I would love to I don't think I can get this finished before 2014 realistically. Therefore, I will complete my DJ on this thread along with a second "tute sheet" that can be added to the new thread. I know that moderators have the ability to add a list to an initial post later. How does this sound?? I will cut and paste this post in a PM to Patrice and find out any other details/possibilities. I know you need permission to begin a thread - I will ask her this as well. I could start it - or perhaps Anael would like to?? I could pop in from time to time, but will not promise to keep it going as I already have too many irons in the fire.
Gus

CindyA 12-05-2013 02:30 AM

I fizzled but will get back to it - not sure when, though. I will post when I get going again, but will just need to know where. I followed the original schedule Gus put up, with some missed weeks, and think I got about 2/3 of the way through. I plan on picking up where I left off, but like I said, I just don't know exactly when. I do check in here when I see someone has posted. Miss our little group - we plugged along steadily for quite a while, didn't we?!

Anael 12-05-2013 11:56 PM

I could start a new thread but I don't want to step on any toes here :) I don't remember who suggested to start a DJ in 2014, maybe she wants to start the new thread?
I think the schedule from this thread worked great for most of us. I found the amount of blocks hard to accomplish sometimes and finally I fell off the wagon :( Not just because of that, I had other things going on and this year has been a rough year for me and my family. I hope next year will be a better one!!

QuiltingNinaSue 12-06-2013 04:41 PM

Notice the quilt of the week...Dear Jane...made by Lacelady in Ireland in 6 months and 22 days, and she hand quilted the 86 inch square quilt. Wow.