Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/2012-2013-dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-party-pictures-discussion-t175669.html)

gls234 01-17-2012 05:46 AM

The program must have sized my photo correctly because it was not this big when I inserted the picture before I posted it. Thanks again for all the help.

brookemarie19 01-17-2012 06:56 AM

I have just seen this thread and would love to join if that's ok. I have a king size bed and would like to enlarge it so that it would drape over nicely... does anyone know what size I should make the blocks for this, or at what % I could print out my pages from the book? Thanks for anyone who can help me. I hope to do the rainbow around the world look as Anina is doing on That Quilt.

SuzyQ 01-17-2012 07:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my first blocks. Hope this works.

Suzy

katybob 01-17-2012 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by gls234 (Post 4883095)
Thanks so much for your response. The "Enhanced Interface" was the answer. I normally have no problem with figuring out computer problems but finding those icons really stumped me. Here are my first three blocks. I am hoping to do a trip around the world as my color theme.

Oops. Made them too small. I'll go back to the directions and try again. Next week I promise to have it right.

I'm so glad you found the icons and I love your color choices. I suspect that if it had been users instead of programmers that labeled certain things it would have been something like "display icons" instead of "enhanced interface"!

Jeanine 01-17-2012 08:59 AM

Oh my goodness, so many wonderful blocks already! gls234: What a wonderful idea that of trip around the world! and urgodschild2: although I am a dog person, I have to say, those kitties are wonderfully cute.

Jeanine

NDQuilts 01-17-2012 09:34 AM

My blocks are done, photographed. I have tried to post them here but I am having computer issues. Its on my end so if I can figure it out quickly I'll edit this post.

thatquilt.blogspot.com has B4 foundation pieced, but I chose hand piecing, so a few notes:
1. This is a good one to use "cut it big and trim" ( the length of patches, not the width)
2. It is critical to match the center of each corner strip
3 if the middle is coming out big/small, the width of the outside logs can be a compensation point w/o unsewing the center.

QuiltnNan 01-17-2012 11:01 AM

I agree ND, that the center placement is critical. One thing I found in this block is that it is easier to sew all the diagonal strips together first and then sew them to the center. I tried one with going from the center out, then one sewing the corner strips together first - this is easier :)

spartan quilter 01-17-2012 01:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, here are my first 3 blocks, and I am just doing scrappy, with some 30's charms, muted charms and country quilter's charms. I am also trying to use some of each quilt that has been made for grands, daughters and DH, so years down the line, the grands can look at this quilt and say, "That material was in my 13 year old quilt or my graduation quilt" lol Anyway, I am having fun with this, and am working ahead of the block guidelines, but know that down the road, I will get behind. Love all the ones that have posted so far. Actually this is my first scrappy quilt, so wish me luck[ATTACH=CONFIG]304015[/ATTACH]

Jeanine 01-17-2012 01:32 PM

How pretty, Spartan Quilter. Such perfect placement of the flower. Great job

Cre8tvlwyr 01-17-2012 03:51 PM

These are the king bed sizes..King, 78 x 80. Cal. King, 72 x 84 with a 13" drop on 3 sides ....
King 104 x 93 and Cal. King 98 x 97. However, I think most quilts for Kings are around 105" square on up.

original DJ = 80.25" x 80.25" to convert to 105" square - ... 10500/80.5 = 130.43

You need an increase of at least 30%

If you enlarge all templates at 135% you will have a nice 109" square.
Monica