Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

tomilu 12-31-2011 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by meanmom (Post 4827737)
I found a really pretty dark bluish purple batik with a little bit of other colors sprinkled in. It is and island batik. Exactly what I was looking for. Cant wait to start. Maybe tonight.

Sounds very pretty, mm.

ckcowl 12-31-2011 01:33 PM

my foundations are all ready- i've decided to use a black background on all of them- think i'm going kind of scrappy for the (body) of the stars- but sticking to blues, maybe purples, greens...but we shall see that can certainly change as we go along :)
i have a couple other things going on this weekend (we do our family get together at my mom's on New Years Day every year) so, i'm still pulling things together for that---once tomorrow is done- i can finally say -- ok Christmas is over- i can now move into the new year--- :)
but the plan is in motion- and as for layout--- i kind of like the idea of adding the 6 extra blocks---so i will have 56 ---i like the on-point idea too---only time will tell=with me my (plan) changes dozens of times during the creation of each and every quilt before they finally turn into a finished project :) but i am going to do the 6 extras---

Carsey 12-31-2011 08:52 PM

I have my first block finished except for taking off the paper. I just used fabrics that I had on hand. Who knows, I might just change my mind on other fabrics. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blessings!
Carole

sandy l 01-01-2012 03:36 AM

Finished the Delaware star late yesterday afternoon in the 12" block size. I'm going to do them starting with the fewest pieces and work up to the lot of pieces. I also downloaded the the software so I can resize the blocks and I'm going to do mine in a smaller size.:)

tomilu 01-01-2012 05:47 AM

Good morning, all, and Happy New Year. I may just get to start the second block today.
tomilu

PokerDiva 01-01-2012 06:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Happy New Year everyone. Let's see all your beautiful Alabamas. Here is mine.

tomilu 01-01-2012 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by pokerdiva (Post 4829937)
happy new year everyone. Let's see all your beautiful alabamas. Here is mine.

awesome star

paintmejudy 01-01-2012 06:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here we go, week 1! Hooray! Florence, your star is absolutely stirking! Tomilu, yours is too!

tomilu 01-01-2012 06:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Great Colors!!!! You girls are so talented!!! Here is mine.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]299341[/ATTACH]

janey39quilts 01-01-2012 07:01 AM

Wow!!! Beautiful stars. I may have to rethink my white background. Will post as soon as I know how to do it. Will need my techno husband to help. Great job, folks. You are all so talented.