Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

Anael 11-23-2012 05:49 AM

I admire all the stars shown here! My book came today!! Now to decide what background to use.

whitepine 11-24-2012 08:46 AM

Anael, You have a lot of samples of backgrounds to look at here......all the same, dark or light, or scrappy, or focus fabric. Do you have your star fabrics picked out?

Anael 11-24-2012 11:26 AM

LOL no whitepine, I know I want to use batiks in bright colors, maybe mix them with some other fabrics. I would love to use a dark background but can't find the right fabric! I don't want solid black so I keep looking. There's no hurry, I have lots of other projects to finish.

nickylsf 11-24-2012 04:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Drum roll, please! My quilt is done. I put the binding on last night, and now I am piecing the label. Hooray!

carriem 11-24-2012 05:07 PM

Nicky--congrats on finishing a beautiful quilt!!

PokerDiva 11-25-2012 05:35 AM

OMG Nicky, how wonderful. It is beautiful.

Mona Lisa 2011 11-25-2012 06:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh my Nicki........... You have inspired me. I just might finish my quilt. BTW so many of you have admired Doak's fab 50, that you might also be interested in doing her "Mariner's Compass Stars". There are only 24 of them.;) Here is my compass quilt. Of Course it is not put together....yet. LOL

PokerDiva 11-25-2012 06:57 AM

MonaLisa, they are beautiful. I have that book and have made some for swaps but right now I am kina burnt out on PP. May do them at a later time. I tried to pick a favorite of your stars but just couldn't.

whitepine 11-25-2012 08:38 AM

Nicky, Spec..star..cular!! You (and everyone who finishes) should send a picture to Carol Doak. Congratulations.

MonaLisa, Love your "Mariner's Compass Stars". I'm kind of with Poker Diva on stars & paper piecing right now. But...

Thank You, Florence, for hosting this wonderful starlit year. I, for one, would never have attempted nor finished 50 stars. It has been a lot of fun.

nickylsf 11-25-2012 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Mona Lisa 2011 (Post 5678312)
Oh my Nicki........... You have inspired me. I just might finish my quilt. BTW so many of you have admired Doak's fab 50, that you might also be interested in doing her "Mariner's Compass Stars". There are only 24 of them.;) Here is my compass quilt. Of Course it is not put together....yet. LOL

Mona Lisa, your Mariners compass quilt is gorgeous! I have that book too and would like to do it one of these days. As mentioned by Florence I might take a break for a while from the paper piecing but I definitely want to do this at some point. I love your blues.

I have signed up for a couple Craftsy classes (they're on sale right now for half price) and I want to focus on those for a while.

There's another wonderful paper piecing group that I belong to: Carol Doak's Yahoo group. Check it out! They have a lot of great free patterns, quilt patterns, blocks of the month, challenges etc.