Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

rwquilts 01-10-2012 03:36 PM

I rarely ever leave the papers on my paper piecing projects. If you work it right, you don't have to have a lot of bias and it's just cumbersome keeping papers on, but I do usually leave papers on while putting the block together, then remove them...maybe it's Ford/Chevy thing? :)

ckcowl 01-10-2012 03:41 PM

help posting your pics

Originally Posted by meanmom (Post 4862305)
When I was taught to paper piece I was told to leave all of the paper on. When you are paper piecing you have a lot of bias edges and they could stretch on you and make a mess.
I would like to post my blocks on here but can't figure out how to do it. I went to the help page but it wasn't much help. I have 3 finished because I have a class next week that will put me behind and I plan on starting a Dear Jane quilt too.

To post your pictures- after you have loaded them into a folder on your computer- come here- and down below---where it says 'post quick reply' go advanced cancel----click on 'go advanced'
that will take you to a page with a reply box---scroll down- about 1/2 way down the page it says---"manage attachments"==click there---
then a Browse box will come up so you can find your picture- find the pic- click on it- then a new (box/page) will come up- there is an 'upload' button- lower right corner- click on that- then part way down you will see it saying---uploading picture please wait.
when it is finished the picture file will show up in the attachment box- go ahead and close that box- and submit your reply- you do have to add each picture one at a time- but you can when one finishes uploading add another and then another-before submiting reply-
i hope this helps

ckcowl 01-10-2012 03:44 PM

i remove my papers when i finish the block- unless i need the outside (match points) to connect the blocks later- then i leave the outer papers-and remove the inner (i try to use muslin foundations alot- so i can just leave them in and not deal with paper removal) but with these stars they are on papers- so i'm removing as i go- so i don't have alot to deal with when i'm ready to construct the quilt :) kind of like trimming up the blocks as you go so you don't have alot of that to do when you are trying to construct....

ckcowl 01-10-2012 03:48 PM

i do 'square up' my block before i remove the paper- i turn the block paper side up when it's finished- line up a 1/4" mark on the ruler on the outer line around the block- and trim--so i have an accurate 1/4" seam allowance around each block- then i remove the papers- snap a picture- and hang the block on the design wall- :)

wvhill22 01-10-2012 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Vanogay (Post 4862191)
Alaska is finished. Used the same background as the first we did (Alabama), but I'm not so sure I like it with this star as much as the first. Oh, well, I'm using this background until it's all gone and then I'll find another large piece in my stash. Don't want to buy any fabrics in the making of this project - and I have enough in my stash to do it!! I don't know about the rest of you, but I've gone SABLE - Stash Accumulated Beyond Life's Expectancy. Here's the pic -

I think I am SABLE to. Mine is going to be super scrappy thats for sure. I have made a promise for this year..If I buy any fabric it will only be for backing a quilt

paintmejudy 01-10-2012 05:26 PM

wv - let us know if you are able to keep your promise to yourself!
:o

Originally Posted by wvhill22 (Post 4862376)
I think I am SABLE to. Mine is going to be super scrappy thats for sure. I have made a promise for this year..If I buy any fabric it will only be for backing a quilt

newbee3 01-10-2012 06:00 PM

I just ordered this book will play catch up when I get it . How do I book mark this

lfstamper 01-10-2012 06:04 PM

newbee3 - to bookmark, click on thread tools at top of posting, then click on subscribe to this thread. On next screen, in the box labeled FOLDER - change subscription to bookmark, then click on add subscription. It is a little confusing the first time so be patient.

PokerDiva 01-10-2012 06:05 PM

Go up to the top where it says thread tools. Click on subscription. Takes you to another screen. Click on subscription, then bookmark.

Originally Posted by newbee3 (Post 4862780)
I just ordered this book will play catch up when I get it . How do I book mark this

PokerDiva 01-10-2012 06:05 PM

ifstamper, I think we were typing at the same time LOL.