Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Photo Gallery Discussion Page(s) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-photo-gallery-discussion-page-s-t115017.html)

QuiltswithConvicts 04-12-2011 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by jpthequilter
Hi Luv, just wandering around...I really love your little mousie avatar! Still trying to figure out what everybody is talking about! Jeannie P

We are all talking about a quilt called "Affairs of the Heart" from the book of the same name by Aie Rossman. There is a group forming that will begin sewing a block a week on June 5. There is a link to the main thread in my signature or you can go to the bottom of any page & click on Topic List. Affairs of the Heart is the top topic. Click on that & all AOTH-related threads are there. The main thread has the words "Cyber Sew" in it.

If you would like to join in all the fun, please join us! We'd love to have you. As you have probably notices, we are a crazy bunch of ladies from all over the world.

EDIT: How are the fires around you?

sandpat 04-12-2011 04:47 AM

Oh dear....Jeannie...wondering about this group has got to be a massive job! We tend to wander in our conversations...we talk to several people at once in a single post, we tend to carry conversations from 1 thread to another...so its crazy!! It IS fun though...hope you jump in a join us!!! You'd be more than welcome, just like everyone else!

I do hope the fires are under control now or out. I heard last night some at 50% contained..is that right?

lynnie k 04-12-2011 10:30 AM

Well I am finally home in Pa. since Friday night, and here it is Tuesday and haven't had time to finish my block. I guess it's back to reallity. Had a great 3 weeks in Ga. just sewing everyday and now I have to find a few minutes for myself and try to get some sewing in, and catch up on the posts can't wait to see all the new blocks posted.

Lynn

Lacelady 04-12-2011 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie k
Well I am finally home in Pa. since Friday night, and here it is Tuesday and haven't had time to finish my block. I guess it's back to reallity. Had a great 3 weeks in Ga. just sewing everyday and now I have to find a few minutes for myself and try to get some sewing in, and catch up on the posts can't wait to see all the new blocks posted.

Lynn

Glad to know you made it back home safe and sound.

jpthequilter 04-12-2011 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts

Originally Posted by jpthequilter
Hi Luv, just wandering around...I really love your little mousie avatar! Still trying to figure out what everybody is talking about! Jeannie P

We are all talking about a quilt called "Affairs of the Heart" from the book of the same name by Aie Rossman. There is a group forming that will begin sewing a block a week on June 5. There is a link to the main thread in my signature or you can go to the bottom of any page & click on Topic List. Affairs of the Heart is the top topic. Click on that & all AOTH-related threads are there. The main thread has the words "Cyber Sew" in it.

If you would like to join in all the fun, please join us! We'd love to have you. As you have probably notices, we are a crazy bunch of ladies from all over the world.

EDIT: How are the fires around you?

It was Mousie who told me about the AOTH! I looked at
#8 and #11. I love applique! I do intend to join. I looked at the book too. I do not buy stuff over the internet, but I am a member of AQS, so I probably can figure that out.
I am a newbie, and am still exploring.
The board has been so good for me, because I am finding friends here.
I also want to tell you that my son, who is retired military, teaches classes in science, etc to kids in the juvenile prison near Austin TX. He has two of my applique wonky cat wall hanging quilts in his office/ science lab there.
Jeannie

jpthequilter 04-12-2011 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Oh dear....Jeannie...wondering about this group has got to be a massive job! We tend to wander in our conversations...we talk to several people at once in a single post, we tend to carry conversations from 1 thread to another...so its crazy!! It IS fun though...hope you jump in a join us!!! You'd be more than welcome, just like everyone else!

I do hope the fires are under control now or out. I heard last night some at 50% contained..is that right?

Thanks Luv! I am such a newbie! I am in the process of figuring it out! I have been carrying on conversations hopping around....seems normal to me! LOL Since I am a newbie to this part of Texas, I have to make all new friends here too. Since I am an 81 yr old gypsy, it isn't the first time that has happened! This board has been a lifesaver, though! Jeannie

sandpat 04-12-2011 04:00 PM

Moving around alot are you??? LOl! We have a tendency to do that too. I always think of it as adventures. Good luck with your new friends there...there are a boat load of them on here, you just haven't met them all yet.

Glad you are going to jump into AOTH! Can't wait to see what you are going to do with it. I'd love to sit with somebody experienced in applique to get that "extra" help..hands on ya' know??!

jpthequilter 04-12-2011 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Moving around alot are you??? LOl! We have a tendency to do that too. I always think of it as adventures. Good luck with your new friends there...there are a boat load of them on here, you just haven't met them all yet.

Glad you are going to jump into AOTH! Can't wait to see what you are going to do with it. I'd love to sit with somebody experienced in applique to get that "extra" help..hands on ya' know??!

Thinking about your finky cats 6 block swap too. I just read all nineteen pages ( what a lovely laugh!) and left you a funny story at the end!
No promises today....but I am tempted! Jeannie

sandpat 04-13-2011 05:03 AM

I'll be looking for you there!

lynnie k 04-13-2011 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Lacelady

Originally Posted by lynnie k

Lynn

Glad to know you made it back home safe and sound.

Thanks Lesley, Now to get back to the blocks. I am going to an Applique' class Friday hope to learn something