Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Affairs of the Heart Photo Gallery Discussion Page(s)

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Please use this thread for discussion on the photos posted in the AOTH Photo Gallery.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
    Please use this thread for discussion on the photos posted in the AOTH Photo Gallery.

Thanks!
    ok, I'll ask it, so nobody else looks dumb...
    We go check out a block, and comment here?
    Is that how this works? :)

Blog Entries
    Yuppers! This way, the Gallery pages stay more or less a gallery & the chat about the pics can build up here.

AND, nobody looks dumb, except me - but you all have seen a pic of me, so we won't go there. :?

Yuppers! This way, the Gallery pages stay more or less a gallery & the chat about the pics can build up here.

AND, nobody looks dumb, except me - but you all have seen a pic of me, so we won't go there. :?
    ju gotta be kidding, Kathy...anybody that quilts like you do? You look just loverly to my mousie eyes! and I have seen your blocks and your pic! :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Awww, Mousie, you're such a sweetie. I have gained so much weight in the last 18 months & it's all due to this Graves disease I have - I've been in a flare-up mode, but can't seem to get out of it. Dr. is out after open heart surgery & his fill-in was useless, nice, but useless. He (my reg. Dr) doesn't want to up my synthroid as he's worried about osteoporosis from too much. Water pills would help, BUT, at the prison it isn't so easy to get to a bathroom - gates & locked doors! Don't want to depend on Depends! :shock:

another thing you have to watch with water pills is your potassium (sp) level. with that much peeing it could lower that level and let me tell you a low level is just as dangerous as a high level.

Blog Entries
    Oh, I've been on HCTZ before & the potassium. In fact, have some now, but wanted to ask him a really important ??? Can I take it at night, like right when I get home? It's effects only last for about 4 hours, so should be OK by bedtime.

We had a lady at the prison that collapsed from too low a potassium level. She really never did recover. Died about a year later from a heart attack. She always looked ill & was the skinniest thing. Younger than I am.

Thanks for caring, though.

Kathy you are quite welcome. SH is on lasik and they watch him like a hawk. he has been at both spectrums of the scale and had to be hospitalized both times. some times it is quite confusing as he usually has at least 3 different doctors checking on him. his liver transplant doc will come in and say one thing, then along comes his kidney doc then low and behold here comes the heart doc. they usually get him sorted out pretty quick. (i think they are starting to realize what a toll it takes on me lol).

Blog Entries
    Kathy...hope they can get you straightened out...getting older ain't for sissies, is it???

Lesley...all your blocks are so lovely! I keep getting on line to look at what you and Kathy have done to help me decide on the fabs for my blocks. It is gonna be soo cool when everyone is posting their blocks...I'm so excited to see them all!

Quote Originally Posted by Mousie

ju gotta be kidding, Kathy...anybody that quilts like you do? You look just loverly to my mousie eyes! and I have seen your blocks and your pic! :thumbup:
    Hi Luv, just wandering around...I really love your little mousie avatar! Still trying to figure out what everybody is talking about! Jeannie P

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jpthequilter
    Hi Luv, just wandering around...I really love your little mousie avatar! Still trying to figure out what everybody is talking about! Jeannie P
    We are all talking about a quilt called "Affairs of the Heart" from the book of the same name by Aie Rossman. There is a group forming that will begin sewing a block a week on June 5. There is a link to the main thread in my signature or you can go to the bottom of any page & click on Topic List. Affairs of the Heart is the top topic. Click on that & all AOTH-related threads are there. The main thread has the words "Cyber Sew" in it.

If you would like to join in all the fun, please join us! We'd love to have you. As you have probably notices, we are a crazy bunch of ladies from all over the world.

EDIT: How are the fires around you?

Blog Entries
    Oh dear....Jeannie...wondering about this group has got to be a massive job! We tend to wander in our conversations...we talk to several people at once in a single post, we tend to carry conversations from 1 thread to another...so its crazy!! It IS fun though...hope you jump in a join us!!! You'd be more than welcome, just like everyone else!

I do hope the fires are under control now or out. I heard last night some at 50% contained..is that right?

Blog Entries
    Well I am finally home in Pa. since Friday night, and here it is Tuesday and haven't had time to finish my block. I guess it's back to reallity. Had a great 3 weeks in Ga. just sewing everyday and now I have to find a few minutes for myself and try to get some sewing in, and catch up on the posts can't wait to see all the new blocks posted.

Lynn

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnie k
    Well I am finally home in Pa. since Friday night, and here it is Tuesday and haven't had time to finish my block. I guess it's back to reallity. Had a great 3 weeks in Ga. just sewing everyday and now I have to find a few minutes for myself and try to get some sewing in, and catch up on the posts can't wait to see all the new blocks posted.

Lynn
    Glad to know you made it back home safe and sound.

Quote Originally Posted by jpthequilter
    We are all talking about a quilt called "Affairs of the Heart" from the book of the same name by Aie Rossman. There is a group forming that will begin sewing a block a week on June 5. There is a link to the main thread in my signature or you can go to the bottom of any page & click on Topic List. Affairs of the Heart is the top topic. Click on that & all AOTH-related threads are there. The main thread has the words "Cyber Sew" in it.

If you would like to join in all the fun, please join us! We'd love to have you. As you have probably notices, we are a crazy bunch of ladies from all over the world.

EDIT: How are the fires around you?
    It was Mousie who told me about the AOTH! I looked at
    #8 and #11. I love applique! I do intend to join. I looked at the book too. I do not buy stuff over the internet, but I am a member of AQS, so I probably can figure that out.
    I am a newbie, and am still exploring.
    The board has been so good for me, because I am finding friends here.
    I also want to tell you that my son, who is retired military, teaches classes in science, etc to kids in the juvenile prison near Austin TX. He has two of my applique wonky cat wall hanging quilts in his office/ science lab there.
    Jeannie

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Oh dear....Jeannie...wondering about this group has got to be a massive job! We tend to wander in our conversations...we talk to several people at once in a single post, we tend to carry conversations from 1 thread to another...so its crazy!! It IS fun though...hope you jump in a join us!!! You'd be more than welcome, just like everyone else!

I do hope the fires are under control now or out. I heard last night some at 50% contained..is that right?
    Thanks Luv! I am such a newbie! I am in the process of figuring it out! I have been carrying on conversations hopping around....seems normal to me! LOL Since I am a newbie to this part of Texas, I have to make all new friends here too. Since I am an 81 yr old gypsy, it isn't the first time that has happened! This board has been a lifesaver, though! Jeannie

Blog Entries
    Moving around alot are you??? LOl! We have a tendency to do that too. I always think of it as adventures. Good luck with your new friends there...there are a boat load of them on here, you just haven't met them all yet.

Glad you are going to jump into AOTH! Can't wait to see what you are going to do with it. I'd love to sit with somebody experienced in applique to get that "extra" help..hands on ya' know??!

Moving around alot are you??? LOl! We have a tendency to do that too. I always think of it as adventures. Good luck with your new friends there...there are a boat load of them on here, you just haven't met them all yet.

Glad you are going to jump into AOTH! Can't wait to see what you are going to do with it. I'd love to sit with somebody experienced in applique to get that "extra" help..hands on ya' know??!
    Thinking about your finky cats 6 block swap too. I just read all nineteen pages ( what a lovely laugh!) and left you a funny story at the end!
    No promises today....but I am tempted! Jeannie

Blog Entries
    I'll be looking for you there!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady

Lynn
    Thanks Lesley, Now to get back to the blocks. I am going to an Applique' class Friday hope to learn something

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady

Lynn
    Thanks Lesley, Now to get back to the blocks. I am going to an Applique' class Friday hope to learn something
    It's always nice to get a different take on techniques.

Blog Entries
    I missed the applique class that I wanted to attend...darn it! I think I need to just go visit Lesley and she can teach me all about pointy points!! LOL! Have fun at class Lynnie!

Blog Entries
    I missed the applique class that I wanted to attend...darn it! I think I need to just go visit Lesley and she can teach me all about pointy points!! LOL! Have fun at class Lynnie!
    You are welcome any time Patti.

I have been watching all of the threads for this project. I have to say, WOW! Im impressed!!!
    I have bought this book... and am thinking of doing this in white/black/red only.
    I havent gathered anything together yet, as I am still not sure.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deranged_damsel
    I have been watching all of the threads for this project. I have to say, WOW! Im impressed!!!
    I have bought this book... and am thinking of doing this in white/black/red only.
    I havent gathered anything together yet, as I am still not sure.
    Oooo, Candace, that sounds really wonderful! I just finished an uneven log cabin in those colors. The comb is so very HOT right now! You'll have tons of fabric choices for your inner border! I'm still struggling with what to do for mine. I think I know what I'm going to do, but I need to take the time to lay it out and "see."

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast