Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Photo Gallery Discussion Page(s) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-photo-gallery-discussion-page-s-t115017.html)

QuiltswithConvicts 04-10-2011 10:29 AM

Please use this thread for discussion on the photos posted in the AOTH Photo Gallery.

Thanks!

Mousie 04-10-2011 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Please use this thread for discussion on the photos posted in the AOTH Photo Gallery.

Thanks!

ok, I'll ask it, so nobody else looks dumb...
We go check out a block, and comment here?
Is that how this works? :)

QuiltswithConvicts 04-10-2011 04:35 PM

Yuppers! This way, the Gallery pages stay more or less a gallery & the chat about the pics can build up here.

AND, nobody looks dumb, except me - but you all have seen a pic of me, so we won't go there. :?

Mousie 04-10-2011 05:21 PM

Yuppers! This way, the Gallery pages stay more or less a gallery & the chat about the pics can build up here.

AND, nobody looks dumb, except me - but you all have seen a pic of me, so we won't go there. :?

ju gotta be kidding, Kathy...anybody that quilts like you do? You look just loverly to my mousie eyes! and I have seen your blocks and your pic! :thumbup:

QuiltswithConvicts 04-10-2011 06:33 PM

Awww, Mousie, you're such a sweetie. I have gained so much weight in the last 18 months & it's all due to this Graves disease I have - I've been in a flare-up mode, but can't seem to get out of it. Dr. is out after open heart surgery & his fill-in was useless, nice, but useless. He (my reg. Dr) doesn't want to up my synthroid as he's worried about osteoporosis from too much. Water pills would help, BUT, at the prison it isn't so easy to get to a bathroom - gates & locked doors! Don't want to depend on Depends! :shock:

luvmortherest 04-10-2011 06:38 PM

another thing you have to watch with water pills is your potassium (sp) level. with that much peeing it could lower that level and let me tell you a low level is just as dangerous as a high level.

QuiltswithConvicts 04-10-2011 06:46 PM

Oh, I've been on HCTZ before & the potassium. In fact, have some now, but wanted to ask him a really important ??? Can I take it at night, like right when I get home? It's effects only last for about 4 hours, so should be OK by bedtime.

We had a lady at the prison that collapsed from too low a potassium level. She really never did recover. Died about a year later from a heart attack. She always looked ill & was the skinniest thing. Younger than I am.

Thanks for caring, though.

luvmortherest 04-10-2011 08:54 PM

Kathy you are quite welcome. SH is on lasik and they watch him like a hawk. he has been at both spectrums of the scale and had to be hospitalized both times. some times it is quite confusing as he usually has at least 3 different doctors checking on him. his liver transplant doc will come in and say one thing, then along comes his kidney doc then low and behold here comes the heart doc. they usually get him sorted out pretty quick. (i think they are starting to realize what a toll it takes on me lol).

sandpat 04-11-2011 03:38 PM

Kathy...hope they can get you straightened out...getting older ain't for sissies, is it???

Lesley...all your blocks are so lovely! I keep getting on line to look at what you and Kathy have done to help me decide on the fabs for my blocks. It is gonna be soo cool when everyone is posting their blocks...I'm so excited to see them all!

jpthequilter 04-11-2011 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mousie

ju gotta be kidding, Kathy...anybody that quilts like you do? You look just loverly to my mousie eyes! and I have seen your blocks and your pic! :thumbup:

Hi Luv, just wandering around...I really love your little mousie avatar! Still trying to figure out what everybody is talking about! Jeannie P