Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   April 1st 2011 "Houses" BOM "Spring Birdhouse" Discussions and Directions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/april-1st-2011-%22houses%22-bom-%22spring-birdhouse%22-discussions-directions-t112466.html)

AgapeStitches 04-01-2011 06:18 AM

Whoo Hooo!!! Looks like lots of fun!

Cheshire Cat 04-01-2011 06:30 AM

hmmm, Planning and zoning says only human house will work in my quilt neighborhood so I'm going to have to go off on my own and try to paper piece a square that looks like my first house.

violetsfarm 04-01-2011 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by inemmausinn
hmmm, Planning and zoning says only human house will work in my quilt neighborhood so I'm going to have to go off on my own and try to paper piece a square that looks like my first house.

I thought about that too, but maybe this one can go in the middle with the others surrounding the block. Although, who knows, by the time we get all the blocks, they might all go together really well.

Corky 04-01-2011 09:35 AM

2 Attachment(s)
LOVE THE BLOCK! However, I have to print out instructions (my printer/computer is downstairs and my sewing room is up) and I cannot afford to print so many pages, especially in color, so I rewrote it. Here it is for your use if you like. I also combined pieces "O" with "H" and "N" with "I", seemed easier.

Enjoy!
Barbara

Instructions on two pages, fewer pics
[ATTACH=CONFIG]178183[/ATTACH]

Instructions on two pages, fewer pics PDF
[ATTACH=CONFIG]178184[/ATTACH]

WonkyWanda 04-01-2011 09:46 AM

Just love the new block for April. Nice choice!

rwquilts 04-01-2011 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Corky
LOVE THE BLOCK! However, I have to print out instructions (my printer/computer is downstairs and my sewing room is up) and I cannot afford to print so many pages, especially in color, so I rewrote it. Here it is for your use if you like. I also combined pieces "O" with "H" and "N" with "I", seemed easier.

Enjoy!
Barbara

Thank you Barbara so much! I wasn't looking forward to printing out 8 pages of instructions...my color printer ink is precious!

rwquilts 04-01-2011 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by inemmausinn

Zoning here is a possible problem as well...will have to think about it and see if we can fit it into the neighborhood...darned "covenant" rules in a gated community...won't let you do anything will they? LOL!

kreinhart742 04-01-2011 10:12 AM

Oh what a cute block can't wait to get started on it.