Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   BOM 1 Feb 2011 - Farmhouse Block (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/bom-1-feb-2011-farmhouse-block-t95668.html)

quilter41 02-02-2011 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
it's a shame you dont live close enough to buddy up with someone to make the PP blocks

Originally Posted by quilter41

Originally Posted by craftiladi

Are all these blocks going to be PP. Need to know because I hate PP.

JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW YOU AREN'T ALONE...:}

Thank heavens. I wish I could fin some replacements, because I so want a house quilt. I'm looking fast & furious.

Sure is, but don't know of any. Are there any takers out there? I will supply the fabrics.

pittsburgpam 02-02-2011 07:50 AM

These patterns should be done as PDFs, maybe there wouldn't be so many problems with them.

I use CutePDF to convert my own patterns to PDF. It is a free program that looks to your PC like a printer and you just print to that printer. It then comes up with a box to save the file as... Give it a name, and it creates a PDF out of it.

margie77072 02-02-2011 08:00 AM

I'M DOING THE HAPPY DANCE!!!

After a month of headache and disappointment, I can now print out the blocks to the right size. Do you know why..........
Someone, can't remember who said try printing it out with IE. I don't use IE (hate the program--not sure why), I use Firefox (lots of nifty add-ons). It never occurred to me to use IE. Whoever made the suggestion, THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

candi 02-02-2011 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by margie77072
I'M DOING THE HAPPY DANCE!!!

After a month of headache and disappointment, I can now print out the blocks to the right size. Do you know why..........
Someone, can't remember who said try printing it out with IE. I don't use IE (hate the program--not sure why), I use Firefox (lots of nifty add-ons). It never occurred to me to use IE. Whoever made the suggestion, THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

I am in the same shoes here! My computer doesn't even like IE, and I love Firefox. Always had problems with the Cache templates...I knew there was a reason I kept the old laptop with IE. Glad it is working for you too :thumbup: :thumbup:

craftiladi 02-02-2011 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by pab58
Don't worry. I think we figured it out. You can just post the direct link to it. ;) http://www.quilterscache.com/F/FarmhouseBlock.html

Now.........let my peanut brain start to figure this one out!! Let's see........because my "village" will be in the winter season my farmhouse will have snow on the roof and ground. The tree will be bare except for a bright red cardinal sitting among its branches! Perhaps I'll have to include a snowman in the yard. Oh, oh, oh, I'll have to put up some Christmas decorations on the house!!!!! This is going to be another fun one!!!! Thanks so much letsquilt!!!!! It will be a nice addition to my "village" of Beaver Valley! :thumbup: ;)

Such a cute idea-now you have my wheels turns-thanks :} can't wait to see yours.

susiequilt 02-02-2011 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by craftiladi

Are all these blocks going to be PP. Need to know because I hate PP.

JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW YOU AREN'T ALONE...:}

Thank heavens. I wish I could fin some replacements, because I so want a house quilt. I'm looking fast & furious.

Think about doing the same house with applique.
I bet it would be easy and fun to try.
:-D

Cheshire Cat 02-02-2011 12:56 PM

I'm determined to use only fabrice that I already have for this project.

skydiver70 02-02-2011 02:19 PM

I'm not sure I will do this one, as the pieces are so tiny, I can't see to get them on correctly. I wasted so much on the last one, that I don't have any to waste this time.

But I will enjoy looking at the ones the others are going to be doing.

SulaBug 02-02-2011 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by skydiver70
I'm not sure I will do this one, as the pieces are so tiny, I can't see to get them on correctly. I wasted so much on the last one, that I don't have any to waste this time.

But I will enjoy looking at the ones the others are going to be doing.

Skydiver70,
I certainly understand that you are passing on this block, but I hope you will pick up with us again, when March comes along. We will miss seeing your neat block!!
:D :D :D :D

violetsfarm 02-02-2011 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
These patterns should be done as PDFs, maybe there wouldn't be so many problems with them.

I use CutePDF to convert my own patterns to PDF. It is a free program that looks to your PC like a printer and you just print to that printer. It then comes up with a box to save the file as... Give it a name, and it creates a PDF out of it.

Thanks for the tip. Violet